Rotherham United 0 - 1 Newcastle United - 01/10/16 post match blather from p23

BlueStar

Mitro there man, pathetic.

What's he done now?

Absolutely nothing, he was very effective when he came on, should have started, him and Gayle up front and we would have won by a few.

Effective, he did nothing of note and give it away a few times.

I guess its just a case of whether the glass is half-full or half-empty.

I saw him, as the lone outfield player, successfully maintain possession through clever use of the ball several times. I focused on that and you apparently focused on the times he couldn't do that through being surrounded or vastly outnumbered.

But your attitude is so very different to what it was a year or two ago, I can't be the only one who sees that. You appear so cynical and negative in many of your posts and I don't know what has happened to you to change you so much. Having one of the biggest wum's on the board jump in agreeing with you doesn't actually enhance your case.

(Well that's a f***ed up quote, sigh)

Sorry but I'm sick of the hype mitro gets for the little output he delivers.  Shola at the same age was a better player and prospect imo.

I'm sick of the stick Mitro get for doing absolutly nothing wrong, in limited outings, because of people's pre-defined opinions.

He's a £13m striker.  I expect far more from a target man.

He was on the pitch for 10 minutes. You had a go at him against Norwich too despite him playing a massive part in both goals to win us the game.

I get it like, we all have players we irrationally hate, but he doesn't deserve this at all.

Thought he looked decent today tbh  :dontknow:

Thought he had some great flickons and gave us a target man for the mainly longball football we decided to play.

I still thought Colback was w***. No composure whatsoever. :dontknow:

Can't say I agree with that, his last ten minutes aside. I thought he was very assured and always in the right position today.

As far as the Colback's scale goes, that was right up there. On the overall scale it was still low down there, we should be dominating the midfield so much more.

Still don't agree. I hate him as much as the next guy but thought he had a good game in his role by anyone's standards.

Good in what way?

Sitting in front of the back 4 and mopping up play, distributing the ball well (for the most part) and generally being a grunt, doing the dogs work.

Is this satire?

No, just the weirdo who was defending McClaren while he was blatantly taking us down.

Colback was typically shit today.

And you're just the twat that can't accept it if people have different opinions then you, like its some sort of insult to you personally.

Colback did well in his roll today.

Can't say I agree with that, his last ten minutes aside. I thought he was very assured and always in the right position today.

As far as the Colback's scale goes, that was right up there. On the overall scale it was still low down there, we should be dominating the midfield so much more.

Still don't agree. I hate him as much as the next guy but thought he had a good game in his role by anyone's standards.

Good in what way?

Sitting in front of the back 4 and mopping up play, distributing the ball well (for the most part) and generally being a grunt, doing the dogs work.

Is this satire?

No, just the weirdo who was defending McClaren while he was blatantly taking us down.

And you're just the twat that can't accept it if people have different opinions then you, like its some sort of insult to you personally.

I'd rather see him in a sausage roll

Good in what way?

Is this satire?

I'd rather see him in a sausage roll

I hate the English language :lol:

Guest neesy111

Good in what way?

Is this satire?

Says the poster who tbf has been the worst on the forum since the EU referendum.  Pot and kettle.

Guest neesy111

Colback was fine today like. Can only be agenda-driven bollocks that would lead you to think he was 'shit'.

Aye, did a good job second half.

Colback was fine today like. Can only be agenda-driven bollocks that would lead you to think he was 'shit'.

dunno like, last 20 minutes or so he switched into try-hard mode and was half a yard of running into shelvy or diame trying to chase everything down and just generally out of position and reckless. Also he's unquestionably crap so there's that.

Good in what way?

Is this satire?

Says the poster who tbf has been the worst on the forum since the EU referendum.  Pot and kettle.

What? I barley said fuck all about the referendum, other then being disappointed, and have barely been in the thread since the day it happened :lol:

Guest neesy111

Mitro there man, pathetic.

What's he done now?

Absolutely nothing, he was very effective when he came on, should have started, him and Gayle up front and we would have won by a few.

Effective, he did nothing of note and give it away a few times.

I guess its just a case of whether the glass is half-full or half-empty.

I saw him, as the lone outfield player, successfully maintain possession through clever use of the ball several times. I focused on that and you apparently focused on the times he couldn't do that through being surrounded or vastly outnumbered.

But your attitude is so very different to what it was a year or two ago, I can't be the only one who sees that. You appear so cynical and negative in many of your posts and I don't know what has happened to you to change you so much. Having one of the biggest wum's on the board jump in agreeing with you doesn't actually enhance your case.

(Well that's a f***ed up quote, sigh)

Sorry but I'm sick of the hype mitro gets for the little output he delivers.  Shola at the same age was a better player and prospect imo.

I'm sick of the stick Mitro get for doing absolutly nothing wrong, in limited outings, because of people's pre-defined opinions.

Nail on head there. I see it so much on here. It's like a cultural meme that develops within the limits of the board and many find it easier to adopt that than use their own powers of discernment and observation.

From someone who's lived through a few decades now I can say I'm honestly quite scared about what is happening to modern culture. Sound-bytes and consensus rules the day.

I don't think it's that. People just make their own judgement & go off that. Mitro's missed sitters previously so thats biasing some people against him in general, obviously objectively he's had very little time to do anything this season. He did miss a few chances before his goal though. Given time i'm sure he'll be alright, he's not getting it currently.

I agree I'm at the very negative end of criticism towards him but that is purely on the back of the cult hero status he's built with a section of our supp who think he's amazing.

Good in what way?

Is this satire?

Colback was typically s*** today.

And you're just the t*** that can't accept it if people have different opinions then you, like its some sort of insult to you personally.

Wew, thats bad. :lol:

Guest neesy111

My fucking bad.  That was supposed to be a reply to KI not you 54.  I'm banning myself from the football forum.

My fucking bad.  That was supposed to be a reply to KI not you 54.  I'm banning myself from the football forum.

:lol: Fair enough, I was wondering what I'd done for a second :lol: :rose:

Guest neesy111

[emoji38] Fair enough, I was wondering what I'd done for a second [emoji38] :rose:

Sorry mate.

Hate that argument. What agenda could I possibly have against him?

None of his passes went to our players in the last 30 minutes. Not one.

Guest neesy111

Pretty sure KI and Neesy agree with each other in Euro discussions as well [emoji38]

I've got a lot of respect for Ian W, Semtex, Neesy and a few others for sticking with this discussion tbh. I'd be tearing my hair out with a lot of the leavers in here at this point.

He got very personal in some of his posts which I would never do.  :whistle:

Shelvey did two shit passes at two separate occasions that put us under loads of pressure at the back yet I haven't seen you mention that?

Shelvey did two shit passes at two separate occasions that put us under loads of pressure at the back yet I haven't seen you mention that?

I guess with Shelvey you accept mistakes at times for the game winning passes he does make throughout. Different story for Colback who generally seems to contribute very little so gets hammered for every mistake.

shelvey can be forgiven as he has been the driving force in every game, our one player who tries to open the play up, its not always going to work for him is it?