Walcott: Young Sports Personality of the Year

Guest thompers

I don't think I could name another Sportsman aged 17 or under...

I think he's won it by default.

Exactly, if I was a few years younger I probably would have come second or third for the wonder goals i have put away this season in 5-a-sides!

Reckon that your Micah Richards (is that his name? not quite sure, tbh) would be more worthy of that award

I think he's too old for it. And even if he wasn't, I'm not sure the BBC would want him interviewed live on a sunday night again any time soon.

Surely that's not the cut off?

Anything under 21 imo should be classed as young.

According to Wikipedia, its "given annually to the British sportsperson below 17 years of age who has made the most substantative contribution to sport in that year."

Surely that's not the cut off?

Anything under 21 imo should be classed as young.

According to Wikipedia, its "given annually to the British sportsperson below 17 years of age who has made the most substantative contribution to sport in that year."

So he has won it by default.

What a shit award.

Should be extended to a higher age so sport stars who actually achieve something can recieve it.

Joke award.

Watching Blue Peter the other night (don't ask), one of the other contenders was the British number 1 in table tennis. I'd have given it to him.

Think he's called Paul Drinkhall or something. Looked quality in the Commonwealth games.

The Sports Personality Awards has always been the biggest joke of all the awards anyway, it just means nothing whatsoever.

For a start, not many sportsmen or women have any personality to start with.

Hype, Hype, Hype, Hype, Hype, Hype, Hype, Hype, Hype, Hype, Hype, Hype, Hype, Hype, Hype, Hype, Hype, Hype, Hype, Hype, Hype, Hype, Hype, Hype, Hype, Hype, Hype, Hype, Hype, Hype, Hype, Hype, Hype, Hype, Hype, Hype!!