Hull City vs Newcastle United - 29/11/16 @ 7:45pm - No UK TV

HaydnNUFC

Hull are total shit. Time to see if the top of the Championship is better than the bottom of the Premier League.

Not that simple. Hull look a big side and if they are well organised they won't be a pushover. We can definitely win it but we shouldn't be taking anything for granted. It will be a massive result if we go through, we should still be thinking of ourselves as the underdogs, they are the premier club and playing at home.

I had a feeling Rafa would rest players but got shot down, he's a cup man and has got a sniff at a major semi final through the luck of the draw.

You got shot down because you said Rafa would play Murphy yesterday, which he didn't

no you absolute cretin, i said if you care to check back, that I would play him and tbh he would not have looked out of place the way we played.

if you are gonna stalk me, get ya fucking facts right.......you really are weird following me around

Guest firetotheworks

I had a feeling Rafa would rest players but got shot down, he's a cup man and has got a sniff at a major semi final through the luck of the draw.

You got shot down because you said Rafa would play Murphy yesterday, which he didn't

no you absolute cretin, i said if you care to check back, that I would play him and tbh he would not have looked out of place the way we played.

if you are gonna stalk me, get ya fucking facts right.......you really are weird following me around

Absolutely no one is following you around, get over yourself.

Controversial but if Colbacks fit, i'd start him over Hayden.

Agreed

Colback is nowhere near as bad as some make out

What does that even mean though? He'll patrol in front of the defence and be an extra body. That's his role, and against side without much pace he'll do a job, maybe pick up a booking along the way when someone goes past him. He's still a shit player with only limited value.

Agreed

What does that even mean though? He'll patrol in front of the defence and be an extra body. That's his role, and against side without much pace he'll do a job, maybe pick up a booking along the way when someone goes past him. He's still a s*** player with only limited value.

Despite what people say, he's been better than Hayden this year.

Agreed

What does that even mean though? He'll patrol in front of the defence and be an extra body. That's his role, and against side without much pace he'll do a job, maybe pick up a booking along the way when someone goes past him. He's still a s*** player with only limited value.

How do you come to that conclusion?

Agreed

His performance have been better, Hayden looks more composed on the ball though

Hayden seems to have spells within a game where he struggles, yesterday was an example of this

In this league Colback has looked a lot more comfortable

Hayden does have potential however, unlike Colback who has pretty much hit his peak but he's still currently the better player

If I recall, Colback was pretty gash at the start of this season.

Colback is okay at this level - nothing more, nothing less. He's an average Championship player which is why he looks competent at this level.

Hayden is 6 years younger with the ability to improve significantly more than Colback, he'll have the odd shit game because he's a young player who hasn't been a first team regular for most of his career.

Agreed

Hayden seems to have spells within a game where he struggles, yesterday was an example of this

Hayden does have potential however, unlike Colback who has pretty much hit his peak but he's still currently the better player

Colback's game is much more limited so it's not hard to do a limited job. Hayden is far more mobile which means he offers more box to box than Colback so to say Colback has been a  better player this season is all pretty subjective really.

Agreed

Colback's game is much more limited so it's not hard to do a limited job. Hayden is far more mobile which means he offers more box to box than Colback so to say Colback has been a  better player this season is all pretty subjective really.

Its all about opinion ofcourse

When we are playing Shelvey and 2 strikers we don't necessarily want Hayden playing box to box.

We need a player who will sit in that role

Colback definitely hasn't been better than Hayden mind, I've not really seen Hayden play badly apart from yesterday, Colback has just been his usual nothing self, whilst not doing too much wrong.

And in regards to Ritchie hes had a fair few games where hes not done much but still been one of our better players overall, hasn't reached the heights expected of him yet though.

Colback definitely hasn't been better than Hayden mind, I've not really seen Hayden play badly apart from yesterday, Colback has just been his usual nothing self, whilst not doing too much wrong.

And in regards to Ritchie hes had a fair few games where hes not done much but still been one of our better players overall, hasn't reached the heights expected of him yet though.

You mustn't have watched us much this season then. Hayden was very poor v Fulham and Huddersfield at the start of the season so there's another couple of occasions straight away. As had been said, Colback is nowhere near as bad as he's made out to be on here and although Hayden will no doubt be the better long term prospect, right now, in this league, Colback has looked the better bet. I think he'll get more game time than Hayden this season because of that as well.

You mustn't have watched us much this season then. Hayden was very poor v Fulham and Huddersfield at the start of the season so there's another couple of occasions straight away. As had been said, Colback is nowhere near as bad as he's made out to be on here and although Hayden will no doubt be the better long term prospect, right now, in this league, Colback has looked the better bet. I think he'll get more game time than Hayden this season because of that as well.

Aye

I think Shelvey plays better with Colback too

Can't see Hull taking this game too seriously, they've got too many worries in the league and the league cup isn't any kind of priority for most teams as is. Rafa is desperate to be the man that brings some silverware back home for what has been an age, he'll throw the kitchen sink at this one. I'm not saying it'll be easy but it'll be clear who wants it more. Massive opportunity this one and Rafa doesn't do losing streaks.

I totally disagree, but you are obviously entitled to have that opinion.