Hull City 1-1 Newcastle United (Hull win 3-1 on pelanties) afters from page 37

Disco

Guest neesy111

People absolutely love beating themselves up like. We played well tonight, and should have walked the game overall. Poor decision-making and finishing (including from Gayle btw) prevented us knocking a club from a higher division out with ease. We never got desperate, we stuck to a pass and move game. It was lightyears ahead of the last few years of this club's very existence. To get into a cup semi-final by the way, something we've not even entertained in about a decade.

One moment of diabolical defending and goalkeeping cost us dearly, and the less said about the penalties the better. But I refuse to be as downbeat as so many on here seem to be.

We had 1 shot on target in the normal 90 minutes, you can't win football games like that.

So angry.

If it was to a proper club whose supporters wanted it then it would be easier to take but f***ing hull man. Feel for our support, we crave and deserve success more than anyone yet been s*** on again

Jesus Christ

You can't  blame Hull and their fans for going through pal?

Take a look at Shelvey, Gayle, and Gouffrans penalties and how they lacked zero conviction. They gave up with an opportunity to finish the job.

Really weak no mental preparation. As far as taking pens go, they were disgusting.

I'' with Tube on this one. The only time anyone of their fans showed passion was the guy in front of me who celebrated in my face after I had celebrated our goal. Everyone else showed no passion at all, even walking out of the ground they had an atmosphere like they had just drew 0-0 in a friendly match. For a team who have just got to the semi's that shocking. I got that they don't want to turn up because of the owners, but they should still have showed more passion for their team and be excited about getting so far in a cup.

Not questioning what their fans are like as people or supporters. I'm saying its not their fault they went through even if they cared or not.

They probably didnt want to go through, surley its likely they dont think they will win it, and it adds extra games they dont want or need when they probably would prioritise staying up over getting further in the cup or losing a final?

We had the same opportunity they did at the end of 90 mins and again after 120, we bottled the pens. Its really that simple.

What chances did we create in normal time?

Diame first half was the main one but aside from that not too much.

This is why I don't get people saying we played well.  Our play was very easy to defend against, slow sideways passing all in front of Hull.  Our best chances 1st half were on the counter attack actually not when we were dominating possession.

Probably true, although with them sitting so deep it's always going to be hard particularly with the nen quality we had crossing tonight. At the same time they created absolutely bot all. I think it was a 7/10 performance personally.

Guest neesy111

The beamback missed the bloody goal due to showing a replay. So even the one moment of joy wasn't even up to much.

That was the EFL global feed.

People absolutely love beating themselves up like. We played well tonight, and should have walked the game overall. Poor decision-making and finishing (including from Gayle btw) prevented us knocking a club from a higher division out with ease. We never got desperate, we stuck to a pass and move game. It was lightyears ahead of the last few years of this club's very existence. To get into a cup semi-final by the way, something we've not even entertained in about a decade.

One moment of diabolical defending and goalkeeping cost us dearly, and the less said about the penalties the better. But I refuse to be as downbeat as so many on here seem to be.

Sick as a dog but this is bang on.

I'm with David.

Me too.

Guest neesy111

Diame first half was the main one but aside from that not too much.

This is why I don't get people saying we played well.  Our play was very easy to defend against, slow sideways passing all in front of Hull.  Our best chances 1st half were on the counter attack actually not when we were dominating possession.

Probably true, although with them sitting so deep it's always going to be hard particularly with the nen quality we had crossing tonight. At the same time they created absolutely bot all. I think it was a 7/10 performance personally.

This is why Ritchie and Gouffran need heavily criticising for their performances.  Both had plenty of the ball but were wasteful in their crossing or just took the simple option.

The beamback missed the bloody goal due to showing a replay. So even the one moment of joy wasn't even up to much.

That was the EFL global feed.

I wasn't blaming them, don't really care who supplied it we still missed the fucker

We had two good chances just before we scored in extra time (not sure why it has to be only normal time like), hit the bar with one of them.  Gayle got through in the first half and could have scored, Diame's header right in front of goal was a clear cut chance.  Not sure if Hull even had more than one shot on target..

Went to the beam back, as much for a night out as owt else. Not too fussed with the result as it's unlikely we'd get through the semis and the confidence knock if that happened could do much harm. Also the distraction would be too much, like it seemed to be last weekend.

Guest neesy111

We had two good chances just before we scored, hit the bar with one of them.  We had other chances in the game as well.  For instance Gayle getting through in the first half and could have scored, Diame header right in front of goal and should have scored, I'm sure there were more.  Not sure if Hull even had more than one shot on target..

All of those chances were in ET, not normal time.

:lol: Was so odd. I was in the Terrace Bar and everyone was still bouncing then it just showed Snodgrass wheeling away in celebration ffs.

We had two good chances just before we scored, hit the bar with one of them.  We had other chances in the game as well.  For instance Gayle getting through in the first half and could have scored, Diame header right in front of goal and should have scored, I'm sure there were more.  Not sure if Hull even had more than one shot on target..

We did have chances in extra time, but I wasn't counting those as I was disputing those who said we should have won easily and thus extra time wouldn't have mattered. I thought Gayle did as well as he possibly could for his chance tbh and it was still a relatively comfortable save. Diame should have done better but headers are always tougher than they look

All of those chances were in ET, not normal time.

No they weren't.

Guest neesy111

Gayles shot in the first half and Diame's header were in extra time?  I'm not talking about Diame's goal, he had a almost free header right in front of goal in normal time.

The one's you said about hitting the post etc were in ET.  The gayle and diame chances were First Half and the only things we created really in normal time as we created nothing 2nd half of note.

If we don't beat Forest then I think we should take N-O down for a week or so.

The meltdown would be incredible, think a few people need to whack a tampon in.

It's almost as if we're not top of the league, 6 points clear of the playoffs playing the best football we've seen in years under a world class manager.

God forbid we have a bad result at home and then lose a cup quarter final on penalties (as opposed to the 4-0 surrender we witnessed not so long ago).

Guest neesy111

We didn't create much in the second half no, but we created a few in the first half and some in extra time, which is far more than Hull created.  We also went close with a few shots from distance.

Was the GK tested though?  Only for the Gayle shot he was in normal time, that's a very poor return for the amount of shots we had and control of the match.

Yes he was, did you miss the game like?

EDIT: He was tested on other occasions, I didn't mention every shot we had on target.  There was another great headed chance we had that their keeper saved for instance.

Guest neesy111

Yes he was, did you miss the game like?

I only remember 1 save of note by both GK's in normal time.  You do usually count the shots on target as the barometer for how well a team is performing.  We had lots of shots on target in extra time once we had a better outlet with Atsu providing the service.