Newcastle United 0-1 Sheffield Wednesday - 26/12/16 - Match Thread

Guest pricedoutoftoon

anybody think christmas drink may have played a part in yesterdays shitshow?

They won't be allowed to drink on xmas day.  3 day alcohol rule before any game is pretty standard across the whole of football.

just wondering cos some of them played like they had been on the piss.

Posted in a different thread but it's pretty unseen

Just had a look, going back 10 years (including yesterday) - not that it means anything for in a couple of days, just curiosity

Boxing day games:

Lost 7

Drew 1

Won 2

28/29/30th

Lost 7

Drew 1

Won 1

Happy Christmas from NUFC

Being shite in this period is nothing new for us

suprised to read sheff wed fans saying how poor the home fans were. i thought our fans were great last night. we sit in the gallowgate just next to The Corner and there was non stop singing for at least an hour. i think the design of the stadium nowadays doesnt really keep the sound in the ground and doesnt let it it transmit to the other stands.

Was at the game last night

Looking at the starting line up with two holding midfielders and one striker at home really is not great. Their defence and keeper had a good game but to be perfectly honest we couldn't create s*** never mind trying to even finish anything.

Disappointing.

Also, fair play to Sheff Wed fans their fans made a lot of noise but then again considering they controlled the game its no surprise. Our fans did sing, but I do not think we outsang them overall.