Blackburn Rovers 1-0 Newcastle United - 2/1/2017 - post match bicker from pg.28

Greg

Miserable result and a miserable set of late winners from Brighton and Reading.

Before the meltdown goes into full swing we completely dominated that game and had enough chances to win 3 games.

I hope this Cleverly loan happens because I don't want to ever look at Colback again. A few reinforcements this window will hopefully see us up.

All credit to the other Champ sides that won...they are showing the necessary character to come from behind in a pressurised situation and that is a quality this Newcastle team clearly lack. They managed it against Norwich by humping the ball long in injury time and getting lucky bounces(something they attempted in the last few minutes of this match and never looked like succeeding). I have said for a while that this team is FAR from certain to be promoted because they lack character, have become predictable and have been sussed out by other teams ; do not rule out a consistent challenge from Leeds either and Derby cannot be ruled out.

Colback should never play again but will because we have Africans heading away for weeks. Rafa will have a tough task getting new players because other clubs can see our situation and hold him to ransom...we also do not look the  certainties for promotion that we did a month ago.

You cannot pull other teams apart if you lack pace...and we do, in a big way especially with Colback in m/f.

If Rafa cannot get the players he wants - and the team clearly needs - we will struggle to avoid the Play-offs and heaven help us if THAT happens..

I think that's where our lack of creativity comes in, Shelvey aside. Its difficult to come from behind if you don't have players in a team who can create chances, and we only have Shelvey. I've seen nothing from any of our other midfielders that suggests they should be playing in the premiership.

We're  easy to defend against. When we go a goal down we're even easier to defend against. That's with or without Shelvey as well.

Yeah, I've never seen that amount of people off their lips. Couple of lads were scrapping at HT in the upper tier.

Poor away day all round.

Never seen it but i was in the lower section.i think a lot of these big allocations will attract a few gonks tbh.

Got to the ground at about 2.20. Turnstile R. 5 turnstiles with one steward searching everyone individually so literally one person at a time was getting in - mind once searched you had 5 turnstiles to choose from. By 2.30 the queue was massive and plod had to intervene.

Watched the highlights and could won 4-0 easy.  Missed the chances and got beat.  Nothing to worry about tbh.  Far worse seeing us play s*** and lose than playing well.

Problem being, we didn't win, now potentially 5 points behind Brighton.

rafa had made positive changes to an extent after sheff wed and it produced a slightly better performance against forest. what was the f***ing point of reverting back again???

yedlin should have been in with anita possibly in colbacks place.

Watched the highlights and could won 4-0 easy.  Missed the chances and got beat.  Nothing to worry about tbh.  Far worse seeing us play s*** and lose than playing well.

Problem being, we didn't win, now potentially 5 points behind Brighton.

We beat them and we are only 2 points behind.