The other games today 2017/18

Greg

Number one cause of Liverpool's defence woe is the manager. Lovren's not a terrible player but he's a shell of himself. No confidence in what he's doing.

Lovren has been terrible his entire career except for Southampton, also I don't think it's fair to pin individual mistakes on a manager.

Structural and systematic problems sure you can blame the manager, but not individual mistakes as that's on the player.

How about an awful transfer strategy failing to address their real problems for two years running?

Guest neesy111

You can't blame the manager for basic defending mistakes that Lovren has made, terrible excuse imo.

Can you blame him for not buying a better defender in the summer? An alternative to van Dijk

Yes, absolutely.  I've said that a few times, but for the mistakes today by Lovren, they are on the player.  It was basic stuff he wasn't doing.

Guest firetotheworks

You can't blame the manager for basic defending mistakes that Lovren has made, terrible excuse imo.

It's different players almost every week though.

It's not. It's always Lovren and whoever's in goal, sometimes Moreno. Klopp keeps picking them though and didn't have an alternative to Van Dijk. That's definitely on him.

Number one cause of Liverpool's defence woe is the manager. Lovren's not a terrible player but he's a shell of himself. No confidence in what he's doing.

Lovren has been terrible his entire career except for Southampton, also I don't think it's fair to pin individual mistakes on a manager.

Structural and systematic problems sure you can blame the manager, but not individual mistakes as that's on the player.

How about an awful transfer strategy failing to address their real problems for two years running?

Come on man it's not like I'm defending everything Klopp has done, just certain specific things that are being brought up today.

The inability to bring in good defenders is completely on him and everyone else recruitment wise at Liverpool.

Guest neesy111

It's not. It's always Lovren and whoever's in goal, sometimes Moreno.

Aye, I haven't seen Matip do anything like the mistakes Lovren is doing.

It's not. It's always Lovren and whoever's in goal, sometimes Moreno.

Aye, I haven't seen Matip do anything like the mistakes Lovren is doing.

His header was awful for the 3rd

Whatever happens it's obvious the media will try and destabilise Rafa with us by printing all-sorts of shit.

last week it was Leicester in some idiotic reports and on some stupid radio phone in's.

West Ham, Everton and if Klopp keeps this shit up Liverpool will all be mentioned in the coming weeks.

We just have to believe that with the takeover seeming real and credible, and with Rafa seeming to actually have an affinity with us as a club, the region and most importantly with us fans then those things will be enough to make any such talk merely that: wishes of the gutter press.

Only one I would actually have any worries about is Liverpool, and Klopp must be long way off any genuine talk of the sack.

Everything rests on the takeover obviously.

Guest firetotheworks

I dunno whether Matip's decent, or whether Lovren just makes him look competent by comparison, but I haven't seen him make any obvious mistakes.

Watch Henderson. He's supposed to be captain, yet stands around either marked by Spurs players, or too close to the ball carrier that he can't be passed to. Absolute fraud.

His ball for the Liverpool game was brilliant.

Before this game there we're signs that the Liverpool defence was starting to improve, they'd kept a few clean sheets and been very unlucky with some of the goals they had conceded in the last 5 games. Today a calamitous 5 minutes from Lovren put them on the back foot, and then it was always going to be hard to get back into it.

Guest firetotheworks

Watch Henderson. He's supposed to be captain, yet stands around either marked by Spurs players, or too close to the ball carrier that he can't be passed to. Absolute fraud.

Yeah that's horseshit.

Guest neesy111

If you blame the manager for the mistakes that Lovren is making and has done throughout his time at Liverpool, then you've got to say the same for someone like Steven Taylor ffs.

Klopp has issues at the back and quite a bit of the blame has to go on him in terms of recruitment etc, but some of the criticism of him is well OTT.

His ball for the Liverpool game was brilliant.

It was. Not sure how much he meant it tbh. Salah did very well to get to it.