The other games today 2017/18

Greg

Hard to comment on Arsenal fans from the outside looking in, like. I imagine it's built up to this after years of frustration in the league and having different expectations and ambitions. I mean, I don't support them and I'm still exasperated by his insistence on not replacing Vieira [emoji38] , it's been over a decade, and even last window they could have attempted to compete with Chelsea for Kante, but he just won't budge on his post-Fabregas philosophy. It's really weird but that's Wenger. Maybe some of the fans will look back with embarrassment at the way they've gone on, but we're no strangers to feeling disconnected from our club, albeit for very different reasons, and things do escalate like that when you're trying to bring attention to it. It's just mad that it's football that brings it out in people and not always necessarily the actual s**** that goes on in this country.

Not just Kante. We got Wanyama for 11M, while they were paying 34M for Xhaka.

The one that gets me is Aldeweireld. I mean, he would be exactly what they need in so many ways, and they would have paid him far more than we can afford, yet it seems like he wasn't even on their radar.

:thup:

It doesn't even really take that much scouting to see the players that they could have gone for. Xhaka's a f***ing liability as well.

I'm reading through the Arsenal-mania match thread for shits and giggles. Xhaka is getting some stick, as well as Walcott, but really it's every single player except Sanchez. They aren't that bad, and it does rather suggest that the problem lies with coaching/management.

Watched some of Sunderland match. They played like an away team, some good chances but only because Burnley fancied breaking there away hoodoo and were on the ball trying to win.  Makems broke and had decent chances but they fell to wrong players ( not defoe). They're gone this time.