Newcastle United lose Judicial Review against HMRC

ChrisMcQuillan

Guest neesy111

Depends if there's any hook, line and sinker evidence in what they've seized as to how long it'll take I suppose.

Considering how Charnley has been released and will be questioned later you have to assume nothing has been found.

Yeah, cos it takes literally hours to file through 100's of documents and computers....

Depends if there's any hook, line and sinker evidence in what they've seized as to how long it'll take I suppose.

Considering how Charnley has been released and will be questioned later you have to assume nothing has been found.

Dont assume anything, I worked in the Criminal Justice System for 32 years, it's normal for people to be released after initial questioning and then re-interviewed at a later date whilst they build a case. HMRC will have Forensic IT experts trawling through computers and mobile phones for evidence. It could take years if it is to go before the Courts.

Dont assume anything, I worked in the Criminal Justice System for 32 years, it's normal for people to be released after initial questioning and then re-interviewed at a later date whilst they build a case. HMRC will have Forensic IT experts trawling through computers and mobile phones for evidence. It could take years if it is to go before the Courts.

If it's anything like in Spain, is pretty much common MO to detain suspects while their property is searched, so they can't destroy evidence or contact anyone. Then they get released after everything is secured.

Guest neesy111

If it's anything like in Spain, is pretty much common MO to detain suspects while their property is searched, so they can't destroy evidence or contact anyone. Then they get released after everything is secured.

This is likely what has happened, also they'll detain them to ask for passwords for computers etc.

It isn't Spain though, as long as they have the computers and phones there would be little point in holding Charnley in detention.

Guest neesy111

It isn't Spain though, as long as they have the computers and phones there would be little point in holding Charnley in detention.

The logic is still completely valid, you detain the person so they can't contact others etc.

Yeah, what I'm saying is that in Spain suspects are detained and then released a few hours later once the search is completed. This is made so that they are questioned and they can't move to get key evidence destroyed before the police finishes the search.

Guest neesy111

Yeah, what I'm saying is that in Spain suspects are detained and then released a few hours later once the search is completed. This is made so that they are questioned and they can't move to get key evidence destroyed before the police finishes the search.

Yeap, very easy to remotely wipe stuff nowadays.

The Sun article has a few flaws in it or Carr has cocked up, one of the two.

In one hand Carr is explaining that he knew of the whereabouts and what was going on with Ashley to find out, bearing in mind Rafa said he has never had any contact ever. Carr also said he expected to get a knock on the door but as he was only a scout, he doesn't even know the wages the players are on.  Bullshit alert.

I thought the main idea of a chief scout is to target players and find out via their agents what wages etc it would take to get them. Even as much as collecting this all in a little black book or computer system.

Carr sounds more like a quiet chairman than what Charnley does based on his job role.

The logic is still completely valid, you detain the person so they can't contact others etc.

If he was formally arrested and questioned they could have bailed him with conditions. If however he is assisting with enquiries then that's a different matter hence they may want to re-interview him. It would be interesting to know what information or evidence they already have to mount such a raid on the club.

Guest neesy111

If he was formally arrested and questioned they could have bailed him with conditions. If however he is assisting with enquiries then that's a different matter hence they may want to re-interview him. It would be interesting to know what information or evidence they already have to mount such a raid on the club.

VI and myself are on about arresting him at the time of the raid.

Its not as simple as wiping computers, deleted files can be recovered. That's how Harold Shipman was caught, he deleted files and the IT experts recovered them.

Guest neesy111

Its not as simple as wiping computers, deleted files can be recovered. That's how Harold Shipman was caught, he deleted files and the IT experts recovered them.

Encryption = 1% of chance of recovering files nowadays without the password for the device.

God bless those IT wankers.

Plus he was down to 3 patients at his surgery.

Guest neesy111

:lol:

;D

Oh dear, could it be a case of we paid forthe transfer fee and the payer said "can you pay my signing on fee to this account ***** " we've done so not asking any questions?

Guest neesy111

Oh dear, could it be a case of we paid forthe transfer fee and the payer said "can you pay my signing on fee to this account ***** " we've done so not asking any questions?

It was a free transfer, so probably to do with the signing on fee.

Role of agents which is the main investigation apparently.

Hopefully that just means agents are going rogue and we as a club and some of our players are only caught up in it as victims/unwitting participants.