Pre-Season 2018/19: Newcastle United 0 - 1 FC Augsburg (FT)

ponsaelius

We class again then?

We were a lot better than them for sure, it could have been a lot more than 3-1 tbh. Despite all the doom on here, we've got some decent players, we just need to add a few to be confident enough for a good season. Lets face it, good for us now is mid table.

Guest Howaythetoon

A playmaker/10, a decent all-round centre-forward and a top 'keeper would make all the difference to our team. Spend £60m on those key areas and we would finish in the top 10 comfortably and perhaps higher. This squad at current will find it very tough this season I feel. It wont go down, Rafa is far too good for that, but it will be a tough and long hard old season.

A playmaker/10, a decent all-round centre-forward and a top 'keeper would make all the difference to our team. Spend £60m on those key areas and we would finish in the top 10 comfortably and perhaps higher. This squad at current will find it very tough this season I feel. It wont go down, Rafa is far too good for that, but it will be a tough and long hard old season.

I think we will end up somewhere between both situations. We will probably get a striker in and have a difficult season. Somewhere between 11th and 15th IMO.

Guest Howaythetoon

I'd be massively disappointed with anything less than a top ten finish, but not so much with Rafa and the team but the owner and the board. In Rafa, with our support and TV money etc. they are literally sitting on top of a big pot of gold and shitting in it at current. Contrast that to when we went up under KK in '93. We are coming for your title Man Utd...

I'd be massively disappointed with anything less than a top ten finish, but not so much with Rafa and the team but the owner and the board. In Rafa, with our support and TV money etc. they are literally sitting on top of a big pot of gold and shitting in it at current. Contrast that to when we went up under KK in '93. We are coming for your title Man Utd...

Unless I'm wrong, there is no TV money until next year and sadly our support doesn't offer us anything in the way of financial leverage.

Obviously the fat cunt could just show some balls and give Rafa 50m. He's a gambling man and it's a no brainer.

Unless I'm wrong, there is no TV money until next year and sadly our support doesn't offer us anything in the way of financial leverage.

Obviously the fat c*** could just show some balls and give Rafa 50m. He's a gambling man and it's a no brainer.

50m would probably make us a decently solid mid table team at least, for sure.

Did Perez play up top for the first half of the second half? If so, did he do alright?

Yes and No.

Cheers. Waiting on that striker signing...

Perez is too soft. He gets bullied around by the most slight of players. He wasn't even very good in the first half, apart from one decent foray.

Luckily, he's a decent finisher and has good ball control, it redeems him from time to time.

Obviously the fat c*** could just show some balls and give Rafa 50m. He's a gambling man and it's a no brainer.

Even if he loaned Rafas budget 50m this year and took 10m off for the next 5 years. It would make total sense to invest properly now. 10m would be nothing when we are getting 100m TV money every season.

Guest Howaythetoon

I'm talking more about about the rich tapestry of potential to make this club something other than a black and white mackems basically which is what we have been under Ashley, only with one more relegation...

Give Rafa 100m and we will become a top ten club and beyond this season.

Don't and we risk losing that alone in income which is what happened last season.

Its pathetic really. I get the stupid transfer fee figures at the moment, but we seemingly wont spend over 10m on a player. I'd rather have 3 top-class players than 8 average ones.

Anyway its all moot because things will never change until the fat cunt sells up or dies, I'd prefer the latter like...

I'm talking more about about the rich tapestry of potential to make this club something other than a black and white mackems basically which is what we have been under Ashley, only with one more relegation...

Don't and we risk losing that alone in income which is what happened last season.

Its pathetic really. I get the stupid transfer fee figures at the moment, but we seemingly wont spend over 10m on a player. I'd rather have 3 top-class players than 8 average ones.

Anyway its all moot because things will never change until the fat cunt sells up or dies, I'd prefer the latter like...

Sorry HTT but where is the money coming from?

Presumably you want Ashley to sell to a wealthy investor? Don't we all. Doesn't change the situation right now though.

Forgot all about this! Sounds like some positives to take from this game. However poor Wolfsburg looked today, they did beat Fulham a few days ago (0-3 at Craven Cotrage) something we failed to do home or away last season.

We should be happy with the performance today, compare our pre-season with the last one we had going into a PL campaign and it's a world apart. 3-1 flattered them in all truth, and we are still a couple of weeks away from full fitness. Some good performances out there too, really excited for the competition in the wide positions Ritchie and Atsu were excellent today, Murphy and Aarons will be pushing them for starting spots. We look solid at the centre of Defence in LeJuene and Clark, Manquillo had a good game, Perez blew hot and cold as usual, thought Mitro played well again, got on the end of things and scored (could of had more). Shelvey and Hayden, then Merino is an exciting prospect. No Colback today :) Worried though about Dummett, Diame looked woeful when he first came on but did grow into the game , need to shift him imo. De Jong was quiet but could have gotten on the scoresheet too.

Even if he loaned Rafas budget 50m this year and took 10m off for the next 5 years. It would make total sense to invest properly now. 10m would be nothing when we are getting 100m TV money every season.

Can any of you tell me how much difference in prize money we would get from finishing 8th as opposed to 17th?

Guest Howaythetoon

Anyway its all moot because things will never change until the fat c*** sells up or dies, I'd prefer the latter like...

Sorry HTT but where is the money coming from?

Presumably you want Ashley to sell to a wealthy investor? Don't we all. Doesn't change the situation right now though.

TV revenue etc. Speculate to accumulate etc.

The situation now is that this huge big club with a world-class manager, the 20th wealthiest club in the world or so with a fanbase that sold out home and away grounds in the Championship has a transfer strategy that would look out of place in 2001. Its simply not acceptable, but alto inevitable given the twats who own and run the club.

Can any of you tell me how much difference in prize money we would get from finishing 8th as opposed to 17th?

Last time I looked it was about £500k extra per place. So 17th to 8th would be circa £4m extra prize money.

Might be different under the new deal, but previously being on TV more often was much more lucrative IIRC.