Steve Nickson - Hired as 'Head of Recruitment'

Figures 1-0 Football

A few journalists seem to think this is good news.

was just reading a few reports with that slant, been brought in to 'drive deals forward' or whatever they're saying

i suppose the fact it's been announced on a saturday 2 days before preseason starts isn't a coincidence either, at least everyone isn't pissed up or on holiday

Guest firetotheworks

Don't Tell me lies, surely just Rumours. Tusk, tusk.

[emoji38] [emoji38]

[emoji38]

What's the first bit referring to?

Apparently this has been planned for a while but they wanted/needed the Carr business sorted out first. So my theory is probably bollocks.

Guessing it's the whole 'July 1st' thing after all for this one then in terms of existing contracts ending. :lol:

Guest firetotheworks

[emoji38] [emoji38]

[emoji38]

notsureifserious.jpg

As far as I can tell it's either I Don't Wanna Know, or Little Lies, unless I'm missing something?

[emoji38] [emoji38]

[emoji38]

notsureifserious.jpg

As far as I can tell it's either I Don't Wanna Know, or Little Lies, unless I'm missing something?

little lies

Guest firetotheworks

[emoji38] [emoji38]

[emoji38]

notsureifserious.jpg

little lies

In that case, REFERENCE DENIED.

This is Second Hand News, was hoping for some players incoming.

I'm hoping its not just Dreams, and that we can get some quality players in, or I Don't want to know.

Oh Well...if we don't, and Rafa leaves, I suspect many are Never Going Back Again.

Steve Nickson is canny and knows his stuff. He changed the culture of scouts at Newcastle when he arrived, so his heart is in the correct place. He wants talent over numbers. Before he arrived the grassroot and regional scouts used to just bombard the office with scouting reports regardless of the quality of the player. Why? Scouts wanted that finders fee and what better way to get it than just throwing a ton of shit at the wall and hoping something would stick.

It doesn't work like that now.  :)

Guest neesy111

Steve Nickson is canny and knows his stuff. He changed the culture of scouts at Newcastle when he arrived, so his heart is in the correct place. He wants talent over numbers. Before he arrived the grassroot and regional scouts used to just bombard the office with scouting reports regardless of the quality of the player. Why? Scouts wanted that finders fee and what better way to get it than just throwing a ton of shit at the wall and hoping something would stick.

It doesn't work like that now.  :)

Sounds a good positive step.

Owen Brown worked with him at Liverpool too. Wonder if he sat next to Roeder on his travels to keep an eye on Kuyt?

Never heard of the bloke before today and seen him mentioned twice now, he's described as Rafa's 'closest confidant' in that Graeme Bailey article.

Owen Brown worked with him at Liverpool too. Wonder if he sat next to Roeder on his travels to keep an eye on Kuyt?

Never heard of the bloke before today and seen him mentioned twice now, he's described as Rafa's 'closest confidant' in that Graeme Bailey article.

Always gets poached from me on FM like.

Wasn't it that Rod Stewart lookalike that found Ayoze? Is this the same bloke?

BoCNXP9IgAEO_HU.jpg

I remember it was 1973 and Crème Brulee was on the road with our first big hit Voodoo Lady.  It's a shit business!