Joselu (now playing for Real Madrid)

Dave

Riviere was stronger, quicker, and had a better touch.

Joselu is better at getting lucky bounces that end up in the net somehow.

Joselu is utter shite, like. But Riviere’s touch was absolutely horrendous. Even with a knee jerk reaction after yet another crap joselu performance. I don’t think Riv had a better touch. His was brutal.

Oh God this takeover needs to happen. Comparing who is worse out of two dreadful strikers FFS :lol:

Guest firetotheworks

The worrying thing is Rafa was willing to pay 5 mil for him.

That's not worrying in the slightest. :lol:

It means that if he's given £30m, he'll sign 6 Joselus.

Guest neesy111

I don't think he was as bad as made out today after the first 30 minutes, our tactics don't exactly help when he has to try and sit back when defending and make us almost to 5 man midfield and then help Gayle when attacking.  He still shouldn't be near our team but that is the fat controller's fault.

Guest firetotheworks

Never has there been a more scapegoated player than Joselu, like. :lol: He's not very good, we more or less knew that when Ashley put us in a position where he was the only real option. If he wasn't putting the graft in and was miles worse than the rest of the squad I'd probably berate him as well tbh, but he does and he isn't, he is what he is.

I don't think he was as bad as made out today after the first 30 minutes, our tactics don't exactly help when he has to try and sit back when defending and make us almost to 5 man midfield and then help Gayle when defending.  He still shouldn't be near our team but that is the fat controller's fault.

I think Uncle Bingo said something similar, seemed to think he played all right today all things considered. I never really take the stuff said on here at face value tbh, most criticism of certain players is pre-meditated.

People criticised Mitro for never getting into goal scoring positions but Joselu is a whole new level.

He spent most of the game standing next to Hayden. I’ve noticed when he does final get the ball under control and does a little flick to a player near him, he will stand and watch as the play develops. Absolutely no cutting edge.

Guest Howaythetoon

He brings nothing whatsoever to the team so I’m struggling to see what Rafa sees in him and I’m at a loss as to why he keeps getting a game. It would piss me off no end if I was someone who isn’t getting many games watching this lump of shit struggle game in game out and keep getting selected. Again he is the worst CF I’ve seen for us. There is just nothing to his game.

Guest Howaythetoon

He did alright again today.

Holds it up and lays it off, wins headers that no one gambles on.

Come off it, he was awful. He wins headers by basically planting a head to it, it goes nowhere or leads to anything though and he gets knocked off the ball easily. He played the ball out of play on the touch line several times today and as for his shooting... my boys could kick a ball harder and with more accuracy and meaning. He’s shit, absolute shit.

He brings nothing whatsoever to the team so I’m struggling to see what Rafa sees in him and I’m at a loss as to why he keeps getting a game. It would p*ss me off no end if I was someone who isn’t getting many games watching this lump of s*** struggle game in game out and keep getting selected. Again he is the worst CF I’ve seen for us. There is just nothing to his game.

The worst? Give over man. He's extremely limited, absolutely no doubt about that but that's pure hyperbole right there.

Guest Howaythetoon

He brings nothing whatsoever to the team so I’m struggling to see what Rafa sees in him and I’m at a loss as to why he keeps getting a game. It would p*ss me off no end if I was someone who isn’t getting many games watching this lump of s*** struggle game in game out and keep getting selected. Again he is the worst CF I’ve seen for us. There is just nothing to his game.

The worst? Give over man. He's extremely limited, absolutely no doubt about that but that's pure hyperbole right there.

Is it fuck, name one good thing he does? People slag Shola but give me him over this lump of shit any day of the week.

He did alright again today.

Holds it up and lays it off, wins headers that no one gambles on.

Come off it, he was awful. He wins headers by basically planting a head to it, it goes nowhere or leads to anything though and he gets knocked off the ball easily. He played the ball out of play on the touch line several times today and as for his shooting... my boys could kick a ball harder and with more accuracy and meaning. He’s shit, absolute shit.

He isn't, he's just an easy target for idiots.

Is it f***, name one good thing he does? People slag Shola but give me him over this lump of s*** any day of the week.

Did you miss Luuk De Jong playing for us like?

He's scored/assisted a handful of goals which is pretty much what you'd expect for the cost. He occasionally linked up well with Gayle today and shows some glimpses of decent hold-up play.

I'd much rather have seen Mitrovic play more often but that boat has sailed now and I hope we sign a proper targetman next month.