Other clubs' transfers

Greg

1 hour ago, r0cafella said:

The pl clubs choose not to close this, they had the chance and declined, it’s on the teams. 

"Right listen you lot, Palace, shut up and sit down, nice top Brighton but be quiet.....anyway what we want is for you lot to agree to what we want. I'll tell you why, if you dare challenge us we fuck off with Juve and Real, yes the punters won't like it but there's money there that we'll control. You'll make your own TV  deal but come on, how much will Sky pay for Brentford=Forest every week, you need us so swallow the devil's Dick before you become an Eredivise, there's good  chumps.

21 minutes ago, Froggy said:

We've sold £107m worth of players, most of them homegrown talent so good for PSR. We've spent £147m on Zirkzee, De Ligt, Mazraoui and Yoro.

Our net spend this window is roughly £40m. 

How much is Ugarte signing for? 

2 minutes ago, Parsley said:

How much is Ugarte signing for? 

£42m + £8m in add ons.  Still chances for Sancho, Lindelof and Eriksen to leave. Either way our max net spend will be £80-90m but likely lower when Sancho almost certainly goes.

Newcastle's currently £43m plus whatever Vlachodimos cost? There's not a great deal in it. 

Just not liking the idea that we're out splashing money like Chelsea. We've bought and sold very well. The Ashworth effect.

Just now, Froggy said:

£42m + £8m in add ons.  Still chances for Sancho, Lindelof and Eriksen to leave. Either way our max net spend will be £80-90m but likely lower when Sancho almost certainly goes.

Newcastle's currently £43m plus whatever Vlachodimos cost? There's not a great deal in it. 

Just not liking the idea that we're out splashing money like Chelsea. We've bought and sold very well. The Ashworth effect.

Nice try :lol:

Man Utd blow huge amounts on wages and transfer fees, usually the biggest spenders in the league. I don’t like Chelsea on the pitch but recognise they are just trying to deal with the totally artificial constraints on spending which are designed to protect the spending power and profits of the likes of Man Utd and Liverpool. Good luck to them and Man City

Man Utd apologists will get out their calculators and make up all sorts of silly sums to pretend they aren’t the biggest transfer spenders as usual, but the truth is they will spend double NUFC in wages and transfer fees/amortisation again this year (500m+ vs 250m), and like last year, finish below. If it was a level playing field they’d finish 20 points below.

Edited by WilliamPS

8 minutes ago, WilliamPS said:

Man Utd blow huge amounts on wages and transfer fees, usually the biggest spenders in the league. I don’t like Chelsea on the pitch but recognise they are just trying to deal with the totally artificial constraints on spending which are designed to protect the spending power and profits of the likes of Man Utd and Liverpool. Good luck to them and Man City

Man Utd apologists will get out their calculators and make up all sorts of silly sums to pretend they aren’t the biggest transfer spenders as usual, but the truth is they will spend double NUFC in wages and transfer fees/amortisation again this year (500m+ vs 250m), and like last year, finish below. If it was a level playing field they’d finish 20 points below.

Biggest spenders because they have the biggest incoming, not built on years of unhindered spending to make them a brand then gaming system. Hope they, Chelsea, get done for the hotel stuff.

21 minutes ago, WilliamPS said:

Correction. We used to spend huge amounts of wages and transfer fees. 3 of our 4 summer signings so far are on less money than Lloyd Kelly.

Our business this summer has been shrewd. We've raised over £100m by selling fringe players, and added some real quality to the squad.

1 minute ago, Froggy said:

Correction. We used to spend huge amounts of wages and transfer fees. 3 of our 4 summer signings so far are on less money than Lloyd Kelly.

Our business this summer has been shrewd. We've raised over £100m by selling fringe players, and added some real quality to the squad.

:lol:

There's no way we have signed Lloyd Kelly and stuck him on £150k a week, making him our second highest earner in the process. I don't care where it says that.

Man United have made some decent signings, though. Remains to be seen whether they adapt or if they follow the pattern of more or less every other signing they've made in the last decade. There's been a shift in the profile/age of the signings, but they also done fuck all with Martial/Pogba/Sancho who were all young. All had moments of course and probably injuries came into it too, but they're able to write them off due to the size of the club & the commercial revenue they generate from being so big.

I still think it will be Ten Hag's last season, if he even makes it to the end. That being said they have a remarkable trait of being able to win a game when they really need to.

1 minute ago, Chicken Dancer said:

here's no way we have signed Lloyd Kelly and stuck him on £150k a week, making him our second highest earner in the process. I don't care where it says that.

Believe it. The most reliable wage website has it as a confirmed amount. It's also very normal for a free transfer to get much higher wages. 

Either way, we're handing the likes of Zirkzee contracts around £100k a week. It's a big shift from where we've been before. Young, hungry players on modest contracts. Casemiro and Rashford are currently the only two out of place on the wage structure, and Casemiro will be gone in 12 months time.

Just waiting until deadline day now where we signed Sterling for £40m and give him £300k a week. 

1 hour ago, Froggy said:

I'm not sure I've seen an example of a manager being so cold about players who have done nothing wrong. His comments almost read like satire.

Yes it really is bizarre. I expected at least a "not in first team plans and they will need to prove themselves to me" rather than a blanket "they are all shit and can fuck off" :lol: it's hilarious. Is it even legal?

I hope they get an injury crisis and have to call on some of them. Will be fun to watch.

Yeah, like I'm not sure you can say you'll be restricting staff from doing their job for no apparent reason. I am assuming all the contracts are full of appearance clauses, bonuses, goal targets etc.

Not that I have massive sympathy, but imagine the PFA will have some thoughts.

Just now, Froggy said:

Believe it. The most reliable wage website has it as a confirmed amount. It's also very normal for a free transfer to get much higher wages.

Correct, + higher signing on fees. But I just don't think we were that desperate for basically a younger Dan Burn (positionally). I can't imagine he would have been on that much at Bournemouth nor had anybody else willing to give him £150k pw. I'd guess closer to £100k maybe but I honestly refuse to believe we've been that silly. If we have then Jesus.

Also refuse to believe De Ligt, Mazouri & Ugarte will be on less than fucking Lloyd Kelly man :lol: . They signed from Bayern & PSG. Just no way.

1 minute ago, Chicken Dancer said:

Correct, + higher signing on fees. But I just don't think we were that desperate for basically a younger Dan Burn (positionally). I can't imagine he would have been on that much at Bournemouth nor had anybody else willing to give him £150k pw. I'd guess closer to £100k maybe but I honestly refuse to believe we've been that silly. If we have then Jesus.

Also refuse to believe De Ligt, Mazouri & Ugarte will be on less than fucking Lloyd Kelly man :lol: . They signed from Bayern & PSG. Just no way.

I said 3 out of 4 signings. :lol:  Yoro, Mazraoui and Zirkzee are all £110k or under. De Ligt is on £195k. Ugarte will probably be around the £200k mark.

Whats mental is that Yoro, Mazraoui, Zirkzee, De Ligt and Ugarte won't be on much more combined that what Varane and Martial were on. :lol:

1 minute ago, Froggy said:

I said 3 out of 4 signings. :lol:  Yoro, Mazraoui and Zirkzee are all £110k or under. De Ligt is on £195k. Ugarte will probably be around the £200k mark.

Whats mental is that Yoro, Mazraoui, Zirkzee, De Ligt and Ugarte won't be on much more combined that what Varane and Martial were on. :lol:

I know I was just working through them thinking there surely isn't just 1 that's on more than him. I still refuse to believe Mazouri is on less - I'd need to see their payslips to believe it :lol:

Yes definitely been a shift and a clear-out for sure. Will be an interesting season for Man United.

27 minutes ago, Chicken Dancer said:

There's no way we have signed Lloyd Kelly and stuck him on £150k a week, making him our second highest earner in the process. I don't care where it says that.

Man United have made some decent signings, though. Remains to be seen whether they adapt or if they follow the pattern of more or less every other signing they've made in the last decade. There's been a shift in the profile/age of the signings, but they also done fuck all with Martial/Pogba/Sancho who were all young. All had moments of course and probably injuries came into it too, but they're able to write them off due to the size of the club & the commercial revenue they generate from being so big.

I still think it will be Ten Hag's last season, if he even makes it to the end. That being said they have a remarkable trait of being able to win a game when they really need to.

This is quite surely wrong. Kelly getting triple the money than Luiz Dias and double what Botman is getting? Lol yea right. Free signing of course, but that is clearly wrong. 

His agent would have hundreds of new clients if that was true.

46 minutes ago, Froggy said:

I can’t work out how you raised 100m by selling players. Don’t tell me that’s wages inclusive