Other clubs' transfers

Greg

He’ll end up on about £100-120k. I know what you’re saying about they could afford £180k a week as they’re paying no fee but you’d soon get the likes of Bowen, Benrahma asking for pay rises. I doubt even Rice is on half of that either.

7 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

He’ll end up on about £100-120k. I know what you’re saying about they could afford £180k a week as they’re paying no fee but you’d soon get the likes of Bowen, Benrahma asking for pay rises. I doubt even Rice is on half of that either.

West Ham offered Rice £200kpw on an 8 year contract, which he turned down. The money is obviously there if they decide a player or two are worth it. Lingard has been asking for £200kpw, so maybe the figures are related. 

edit: Bowen is allegedly on £93kpw, and Benrahma is on £23kpw. Rice is apparently currently on £3kpw…..

Edited by Manxst

It’s a dangerous situation for the clubs that because if the player doesn’t meet expectations it makes them impossible to move on. Juve with Ramsey etc

Everyone thought it was smart business at the time but quickly became an albatross contract.

19 minutes ago, Manxst said:

West Ham offered Rice £200kpw on an 8 year contract, which he turned down. The money is obviously there if they decide a player or two are worth it. Lingard has been asking for £200kpw, so maybe the figures are related. 

edit: Bowen is allegedly on £93kpw, and Benrahma is on £23kpw. Rice is apparently currently on £3kpw…..

Rice is on £3 k a week ? 

41 minutes ago, Ben said:

Rice is on £3 k a week ? 

Yeah. He signed a 5 year/£780,000 contract (£156k per year) in 2018 when he was 19, and he was barely a squad player. He’s 23 now and has two years left to run (with a further years option by West Ham, I think?)

Edited by Manxst

10 hours ago, Doctor Zaius said:

Everton 5/1 to go down seems big. Though, surely they can't be as bad as last year.

Depends how long they stick with Frank, fortunately for them Leeds, Bournemouth and Fulham will probably be worse.

8 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Did Everton sign Alli permanently? I might have asked this before. 

2.5 year contract. £10m after 20 appearances and another £30m when he does 80 games, apparently.

https://royalbluemersey.sbnation.com/platform/amp/2022/2/1/22912422/everton-transfer-news-dele-alli-transfer-fee-free-10-million-20-games-40-million-80-games-tottenham

Edited by Manxst

13 minutes ago, Manxst said:

2.5 year contract. £10m after 20 appearances and another £30m when he does 80 games, apparently.

https://royalbluemersey.sbnation.com/platform/amp/2022/2/1/22912422/everton-transfer-news-dele-alli-transfer-fee-free-10-million-20-games-40-million-80-games-tottenham

So basically he is £10m. Made 11 appearances last season and you can guarantee that the club won't let him be selected for 69 games over the next two seasons to avoid the £30m payment.   

Still a terrible deal though, no? Do you know what wages he’s on? Essentially, if he’s a decent success, he ends up costing insane money, if he does amazingly he probably still ends up being overpriced and if he ends up under-performing he still costs a significant chunk 

2 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Still a terrible deal though, no? Do you know what wages he’s on? Essentially, if he’s a decent success, he ends up costing insane money, if he does amazingly he probably still ends up being overpriced and if he ends up under-performing he still costs a significant chunk 

£100kpw I think it says.

11 hours ago, SUPERTOON said:

We've done plenty of bad business in recent years that can be laughed at, without people having to make stuff like this up for likes. 

Richarlison cost us £35m plus £15m in performance based add-ons up to £50m. Safe to say none of the team based ones were hit, since we have been largely rubbish since. The 10% sell on fee is for any profit over £40m.

Spurs have bought him for £55m plus £5m of realistically achievable add-ons by latest reports. 

We have got slightly less than he's worth because our negotiating position was hampered by yesterday's FFP deadline, but it's not the worst deal in the circumstances.  

He will be a big miss for us though. He is weirdly underrated by other teams fans, probably because of bitter gobshites like Jamie Carragher spouting off about him all the time. Suppose I need a new avatar now :lol:

6 minutes ago, gbandit said:

I think they just matched his Spurs wages, so about £100k a week which is still less than the likes of Bernard were on (£120k!) and James (£200k)

Alli has already paid for himself by getting a couple of assists towards the end of the season that kept us up and avoided financial meltdown. Anything else is a bonus. Shame for the player that he has this £30m payment hanging over him though.