Other clubs' transfers

Greg

2 minutes ago, SweMag said:

Froggy has a sausage in the mufc board so looking forward to hear who they are bidding for this summer before it’s in the papers.

Josh King. My sausage is Kaizero. 

2 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

I could see West Ham or Villa looking at Maguire. £30m or so is a good price, think there's a player there he just needs out of Man Utd. 

Maguire is our fifth choice centre back now and everyone knows it, so I think he'll be difficult to sell on. And I don't think he's terribly ambitious so he's probably happy sitting on the bench for 200k a week and can't see anyone else paying him that. 

He's going to start for England regardless as long as Southgate is there as well. 

I think there'll be takers. You might have to cover a chunk of his wage but he's definitely worth a punt for an upper mid-table team because if he clears his head he's a top centre-back. Might be too far gone now though which is a shame. The stick and ridicule he gets is ridiculous. 

Just now, Optimistic Nut said:

I think there'll be takers. You might have to cover a chunk of his wage but he's definitely worth a punt for an upper mid-table team because if he clears his head he's a top centre-back. Might be too far gone now though which is a shame. The stick and ridicule he gets is ridiculous. 

I feel sorry for him like. The amount of mistakes he has made over the last couple of years is actually crazy. It has just all went wrong for him.

Even at the weekend he was the one who gave the ball away which led to Fulham's penalty which could have cost us the game and potentially third place. He would have been ridiculed even more for that. Luckily De Gea saved it which is a miracle in itself. 

1 hour ago, Froggy said:

I didn't post it. :lol: I never post Man United articles on here. That must be the WUM, arrogant side of me that makes me refrain from doing so.

To be fair though it is the Other Clubs Transfers thread. If we can't talk about Man United signings in here where can we? 

I know you didn't. I wasn't referring to you at all.

1 hour ago, Kid Icarus said:

Hold on. So just to get this straight, I post about Ten Haag, you quote me, call my point dumb, and the solution here is that I should have put you on my ignore list. :lol: 

I really don't think so like, I can obviously talk about Man United and Ten Haag if I want, and not that it matters but I’ve been on here coming up to 20 years. Who cares? If you quote me and outright call my point dumb, there's a good chance I'll bite, regardless of who’s saying it, and I’m pretty sure when you post something directly inflammatory like that, you either know that’ll be the case, or that was your intention.

]snip[

As I said, I'd genuinely like to talk about Man United in exactly the same way we're all able to with fans of other clubs on the board. Somehow with you and Man United though it always ends up like this. It must just be a me problem, even when I'm not here. 

New guy here, but long time lurker. I wish this forum had a thanks button. Agree with a post and just thank it.. move on.

FWIW I like Froggy and think he often gets a hard-time on here, but he does himself no favours sometimes.

Ten Haag is already reminding me of Wenger, always complaining, deflecting and blaming. It's a 'poor me' syndrome that doesn't go down well with the more casual observers. Like his comment to the media after we did them 2-0 at St James. 'Newcastle played above their levels". We didn't - we played to our levels that was clearly shown in the stats over the season. Just another excuse. I do think he is a good manager, I just don't like his media persona of being the victim of circumstance.

Steve Bruce understands this last sentence, vaguely.

Edit: Cancel the thanks button, just discovered the 'Like' symbol. :)

Edited by Irish Magpie

43 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

I could see West Ham or Villa looking at Maguire. £30m or so is a good price, think there's a player there he just needs out of Man Utd. 

Not a prayer - who is he getting ahead of, Mings, Konsa or Carlos? None of them. 

If we buy a CB it'll be someone particularly good on the ball and better than what we have, and Maguire isn't either of those.

7 minutes ago, Irish Magpie said:

New guy here, but long time lurker. I wish this forum had a thanks button. Agree with a post and just thank it.. move on.

FWIW I like Froggy and think he often gets a hard-time on here, but he does himself no favours sometimes.

Ten Haag is already reminding me of Wenger, always complaining, deflecting and blaming. It's a 'poor me' syndrome that doesn't go down well with the more casual observers. Like his comment to the media after we did them 2-0 at St James. 'Newcastle played above their levels". We didn't - we played to our levels that was clearly shown in the stats over the season. Just another excuse. I do think he is a good manager, I just don't like his media persona of being the victim of circumstance.

Steve Bruce understands this last sentence, vaguely.

Ten Hag barely spoke English before taking over at us. He has given Newcastle a ton of praise this season and rightly so. I think a lot of the things he says are lost in translation and he seems to be one of the most respectful coaches we've ever had. 

He's putting pressure on the owners with his comments about spending. Something yes men like Solskjaer were afraid to do. 

11 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

https://twitter.com/BL_LatestNews/status/1663633615970881539

Liverpool with fingers in many pies.

I know Liverpool are Liverpool but if I were a player with a choice of being apart of a project like the one we have at NUFC, with champions league football, I'd probably prefer SJP over Anfield at the moment. I'm curious how much we have moved the dial and if its gotten to the point where players would be silly to not come here and prefer a shit show under Klopp over us.

4 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Ten Hag barely spoke English before taking over at us. He has given Newcastle a ton of praise this season and rightly so. I think a lot of the things he says are lost in translation and he seems to be one of the most respectful coaches we've ever had. 

He's putting pressure on the owners with his comments about spending. Something yes men like Solskjaer were afraid to do. 

Appreciate the response. I may be looking at media soundbytes and not paying enough attention. :)

3 minutes ago, Sufi said:

I know Liverpool are Liverpool but if I were a player with a choice of being apart of a project like the one we have at NUFC, with champions league football, I'd probably prefer SJP over Anfield at the moment. I'm curious how much we have moved the dial and if its gotten to the point where players would be silly to not come here and prefer a shit show under Klopp over us.

I get what you're saying, but we're still years behind a club like Liverpool. In terms of trophies, regular European football and wages.

2 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

I get what you're saying, but we're still years behind a club like Liverpool. In terms of trophies, regular European football and wages.

Agreed. In fact, it’s quite funny how the narratives change when it’s our own club that is filled with money. Joining projects like Man City and PSG had been frowned upon for years on here. 

9 minutes ago, brummie said:

Not a prayer - who is he getting ahead of, Mings, Konsa or Carlos? None of them. 

If we buy a CB it'll be someone particularly good on the ball and better than what we have, and Maguire isn't either of those.

Maguire at his best is twice as good as all of them. With a clean slate, new start and less media attention he could get back there. 

2 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Definitely. I would understand if someone who had an identical contract offered by both us and liverpool deciding to go to them. Just based on history and prestige. I would also understand if a young talented player could see what we are building here and say fuck liverpool. Champions league helps massively too.

1 minute ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Maguire at his best is twice as good as all of them. With a clean slate, new start and less media attention he could get back there. 

Yeah but even if that is true, Maguire at his best isn't something we've seen for about 7 years now. He might get himself back there with a new start, and I hope he does, but I'd bet everything I own he doesn't come to us.

I'd also quibble the idea he's twice as good as Mings in any circumstances. Since Emery arrived, Mings has been absolutely imperious.

I don't know why so many away fans (not having pop at you here, just mean in general) don't seem to get that.

He's been absolutely superb in a period where he's had to absolutely change his style of play.

Maguire will go somewhere like Everton.

15 minutes ago, Froggy said:

I haven't seen him speaking at the time he joined you, but I am prepared to bet everything I own (except my cat, I like her) that 'barely spoke English' is a wildly inaccurate description.

For a start, he's Dutch, most of them speak better English than we do.

37 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

They want 3 cms supposedly. Mac Allister, Thuram and Kone would be some outlay 

But they can’t compete with us and Man City can they. We have no ceiling.

AD8487C0-3241-4928-8A90-E16C0C18E844.jpeg

Edited by Myleftboot

5 minutes ago, brummie said:

Yeah but even if that is true, Maguire at his best isn't something we've seen for about 7 years now. He might get himself back there with a new start, and I hope he does, but I'd bet everything I own he doesn't come to us.

I'd also quibble the idea he's twice as good as Mings in any circumstances. Since Emery arrived, Mings has been absolutely imperious.

I don't know why so many away fans (not having pop at you here, just mean in general) don't seem to get that.

He's been absolutely superb in a period where he's had to absolutely change his style of play.

Maguire will go somewhere like Everton.

And put Maguire under Emery and I think you'll have one of the best defenders in the league.