Other clubs' transfers

Greg

I think overall I’m ok with Spurs selling Kane for an exorbitant fee. It would be funny as fuck to see him stay and leave for nothing next year and it would bury Spurs but I just don’t think they’ll spend the money well 

1 minute ago, Shearergol said:

Skipped by the comment earlier, but did someone claim Grealish has been average at City? Some fucking weird blinkered views on this page. He literally helped them win the league and CL. He’s class.

One shit season, one good season

Average.

…. and he cost £100m

Edited by geordie_b

For the level of talent around him Grealish has been okay at Man City.

Mahrez, DeBruyne, Bernardo, Gundogan, Foden all perform at a higher level than him IMO.

Even Sterling and Jesus before him looked more threatening in that wide position.

He's been okay.

Just now, Shearergol said:

Kaka liking it shows it’s wrong :cheesy:

I like Grealish but I think Pep's instructions have him overthinking everything.

He looks so robotic and unsure of when to just express himself now unfortunately.

1 minute ago, KaKa said:

For the level of talent around him Grealish has been okay at Man City.

Mahrez, DeBruyne, Bernardo, Gundogan, Foden all perform at a higher level than him IMO.

Even Sterling and Jesus before him looked more threatening in that wide position.

He's been okay.

Whenever I watch him all he seems to do is receive the ball on the left wing, sidestep down the touch line 10 yards with it then pass it back 5 yards. 

1 minute ago, The College Dropout said:

I don’t think Harry Kane makes or breaks Spurs. They’re too rich. They will be a good manager hire and transfer window or two  away from CL places for the next few years atleast.  

I don't think it's as easy as that any more to be honest, Chelsea, Man United, Arsenal, Liverpool and Man City are all going to be really strong, then add in Us, Villa & Brighton who are really trying to break up that monopoly. 

It just feels that losing the one player they bank on time and again/ their only real world class player will put them back a little bit.

It wouldn't surprise me if they're fighting for Europa League for a year or two.

Obviously they have that money to reinvest, and I rate Ange as a good manager and one that fits Spurs, so it could be a situation whereby they need to cut that weight to be able to progress long term. As its got to the point where they are so reliant on Kane that it could be deemed as detrimental to the overall performance of the team.

Just now, KaKa said:

I like Grealish but I think Pep's instructions have him overthinking everything.

He looks so robotic and unsure of when to just express himself now unfortunately.

He’d get in every team in the league 

Just now, MrRaspberryJam said:

Whenever I watch him all he seems to do is receive the ball on the left wing, sidestep down the touch line 10 yards with it then pass it back 5 yards. 

Exactly. He's become so hesitant. It's a classic case of thinking too much.

3 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

In which he plays pretty much every game. You reckon pep picks him for no reason?

This guy man :lol:

I've explained my stance.

In all honesty I'd start Foden over him every single time.

But I'm sure Pep has his reasons.