Rafa Benítez (now unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

I got worried after reading the fans forum minutes. I interpreted it that the ambition-less culture of the club is as persistent as ever, despite Rafa's efforts. The mentality had not budged one jot.

Ashley is probably looking at the job average managers have done last season keeping clubs up and think anybody could keep us in the league so long as he picks the right one.

He'll be looking at £6 million fee, £4 million pa saved and a new manager who'll stop asking for serious funds.

I got worried after reading the fans forum minutes. I interpreted it that the ambition-less culture of the club is as persistent as ever, despite Rafa's efforts. The mentality had not budged one jot.

This is also very true.

The whole story does make sense. Rafa, after finishing a magnificent season, went to ask Ashley what's the way forward before signing the new deal. Ashley basically copy and paste last years lie without anything concrete.  This pissed Rafa off and he started negotiation with West Ham and now the deal is imminent, just subject to the final say from Rafa.

Obviously Rafa is waiting Ashley to make his last attempt/offer. If this couldn't satisfy Rafa, he will be West Ham new manager as early as next week.

Hope you keep your track record up.

Bye.  Thanks for the dream.

The bridge between Rafa and the fat c*** has been burnt (due to his over-confidence on the takeover) and he know clearly if there is no takeover  he needs to 1. Find Rafa replacement

The deal would be done in the summer. It's quite obvious. Rafa will immediately quit if takeover doesn't happen, and the fat cunt know unless he splashs extra cash we will be 100% down.  I am fairly optimistic for this.

Still can't believe the club (ashley) won't just front the money to get transfers done and have the club pay him back or let him take a distribution so he's not putting any of his "own" money in while the TV money hasn't come in.

The whole story does make sense. Rafa, after finishing a magnificent season, went to ask Ashley what's the way forward before signing the new deal. Ashley basically copy and paste last years lie without anything concrete.  This pissed Rafa off and he started negotiation with West Ham and now the deal is imminent, just subject to the final say from Rafa.

Obviously Rafa is waiting Ashley to make his last attempt/offer. If this couldn't satisfy Rafa, he will be West Ham new manager as early as next week.

This is what I see. Why would West Hams owners leak loads of Rafa links if they had someone else lined up?

Surely if it was Rafa we'd have heard about the 6mil buy-out being satisfied? How could they have progressed with Rafa to the point they are confident it'll be done within 7 days?

That isn't how it works though. Do you think PSG bid 200m for Neymer without already knowing if he was keen?

West Ham will have sounded Rafa out. Call it tapping up or whatever you like. That's how it works.

Surely if it was Rafa we'd have heard about the 6mil buy-out being satisfied? How could they have progressed with Rafa to the point they are confident it'll be done within 7 days?

That isn't how it works though. Do you think PSG bid 200m for Neymer without already knowing if he was keen?

West Ham will have sounded Rafa out. Call it tapping up or whatever you like. That's how it works.

https://twitter.com/CaulkinTheTimes/status/997162213520625664

Ranieri is leaving Nantes after this weekends game. It fits. Just hoyed a fiver on him at 14/1. The dildo bro’s will cream themselves at getting a PL winner for free

Betvictor aren't even talking bets on Ranieri!

3rd fav behind Rafa and Pellegrini on skybet

https://twitter.com/CaulkinTheTimes/status/997162213520625664

I hadn't seen Caulkin's words. My point still stands, in theory, they could have held talks.

Oh aye. But the Neymar buyout was openly discussed for weeks, let alone 7 days prior. I mean officially one club surely has to mention it if it's so close to completion and involved Rafa.

Unless they wait til next week and get Rafa to hold a West Ham scarf with the receipt printed on it :lol:

Oh aye. But the Neymar buyout was openly discussed for weeks, let alone 7 days prior. I mean officially one club surely has to mention it if it's so close to completion and involved Rafa.

Unless they wait til next week and get Rafa to hold a West Ham scarf with the receipt printed on it :lol:

Aye but again, in theory, West Ham could meet his release clause and have him signed in 7 days.