Rafa Benítez (now unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

Still confident this won't happen but losing the best manager we've had in years to West Ham would be a new low

Losing him is the issue really, where he goes is irrelevant.

Big difference between losing him to a top club and losing him to West Ham in terms of what it means for the club.

George Caulkin

Replying to @ToonBliss

I don’t think there’s been any contact as of yet, so make of that what you will, but other clubs are sniffing around too. The point is Nufc need to get their act tougher.

So what managers are realistically available who are similar to Rafa, e.g ex PL and European experience?

Fonseca, no.

Pellegrini, Yes?

Who else?

LVG and Pelegrini are all I can think of aside Rafa

Emery maybe?

PK5ybL5.gif

The whole story does make sense. Rafa, after finishing a magnificent season, went to ask Ashley what's the way forward before signing the new deal. Ashley basically copy and paste last years lie without anything concrete.  This pissed Rafa off and he started negotiation with West Ham and now the deal is imminent, just subject to the final say from Rafa.

Obviously Rafa is waiting Ashley to make his last attempt/offer. If this couldn't satisfy Rafa, he will be West Ham new manager as early as next week.

Still confident this won't happen but losing the best manager we've had in years to West Ham would be a new low

Losing him is the issue really, where he goes is irrelevant.

Nah, if he was going to Spurs or back to Liverpool or even back to Valencia or something I'd understand it and there's not much you can do about it, but West Ham are a badly run club who have never done anything good over any kind of sustained period in my lifetime

How much further could he take west ham than us though even with no takeover? I think their squad is awful, I love the guy to absolute bits but I'd be fuming if he goes to fucking west ham. If the worst comes to the worst and he goes to them we should go after Howe or Rodgers, but I do NOT want any of this to happen

How much further could he take west ham than us though even with no takeover? I think their squad is awful, I love the guy to absolute bits but I'd be fuming if he goes to f***ing west ham. If the worst comes to the worst and he goes to them we should go after Howe or Rodgers, but I do NOT want any of this to happen

At least the lie from the owner is a new one?

How much further could he take west ham than us though even with no takeover? I think their squad is awful, I love the guy to absolute bits but I'd be fuming if he goes to fucking west ham. If the worst comes to the worst and he goes to them we should go after Howe or Rodgers, but I do NOT want any of this to happen

I like the Fulham manager (whom I can never spell his name so he'll be forever that to me), but my money would be on the return of fat Sam unfortunately, the public apology last year and acknowledgement was clearly engineered to pave the way for his return should Rafa leave. He's the perfect manager for Ashley, absolutely perfect, gonna keep that PL TV money rolling in but in no danger of ever reaching the point where he needs to dip his hands too deep into his pockets.

The whole story does make sense. Rafa, after finishing a magnificent season, went to ask Ashley what's the way forward before signing the new deal. Ashley basically copy and paste last years lie without anything concrete.  This pissed Rafa off and he started negotiation with West Ham and now the deal is imminent, just subject to the final say from Rafa.

Obviously Rafa is waiting Ashley to make his last attempt/offer. If this couldn't satisfy Rafa, he will be West Ham new manager as early as next week.

He's probably been asking Charnley/the club to clarify next season's budget since the Arsenal game, but as usual, they've been fobbing him off and not giving him any answers. He was quite clear about wanting the situation resolving asap, and clearly has just had enough of them fucking about.

I like the Fulham manager (whom I can never spell his name so he'll be forever that to me), but my money would be on the return of fat Sam unfortunately, the public apology last year and acknowledgement was clearly engineered to pave the way for his return should Rafa leave. He's the perfect manager for Ashley, absolutely perfect, gonna keep that PL TV money rolling in but in no danger of ever reaching the point where he needs to dip his hands too deep into his pockets.

Just imagine the scenes if Lardiola returned.

Ranieri is leaving Nantes after this weekends game. It fits. Just hoyed a fiver on him at 14/1. The dildo bro’s will cream themselves at getting a PL winner for free