Rafa Benítez (now unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

Reason there is lack of trust between him and the hierarchy is because of the money he wasted 2 summers ago. Last summer he wasted money too. This team is getting relegated.

We went up, I'd say he wasted not a lot. I get we bought some dross but the aim was to go up and we did, this league is where the money is.

There are questions on recruitment, but it wouldn't surprise me if there is significantly less infrastructure in place to properly scout, and then some mad rules about what agents to use etc and then on top of that a dimwit negotiating that puts off all the other players who may sign anyway. Lot of cooks in our awful transfer policy.

He's f***ed us.  I don't care how restricted we were, the money he spent, he f***ing wasted.  Awful in the market.

And now playing some desperate defensive stuff at home. 

Working with absolute scraps, not given the money he was told he would have and club wouldn't pay agents fees or wages.

He's made some awful signings, but there is some context to it.

He's f***ed us.  I don't care how restricted we were, the money he spent, he f***ing wasted.  Awful in the market.

And now playing some desperate defensive stuff at home. 

Working with absolute scraps, not given the money he was told he would have and club wouldn't pay agents fees or wages.

He's made some awful signings, but there is some context to it.

Agree with that.

If he'd been allowed to sign Townsend, Mccarthy, Caballero, Abraham and whoever else he had sorted - I feel like we'd be in a slightly better position.

This, he clearly didn't get who he wanted. Still he has been having a poor run of tactics. Really baffled by his tactics of late, needs to change, but should have changed weeks and weeks ago.

Deserves some criticism today, by continually picking players who just aren't performing (for whatever reason) That said, there is only so much he can do with what he has. Ashley fucked him over good and proper in the summer - and it's laid bare for all to see.

1 win in 11 games now.

The players have to take full responsibility for that. No instruction Rafa can give them to stop them being so bereft of confidence in themselves and making silly fucking mistakes. Really feel for the manager and coaches more than ever toay. Some serious work needs to be done by a lot of those players.

I ts always someone elses fault. When's he taking some responsibility for what he does all week?

The fact he doesn't have a PL squad to work with? Correct. Is he making the most of it what he's got? Probably not.