Rafa Benítez (now unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

Unfortunately, tables like that aren't going to be seen by the majority of the fans, they won't understand a lot of the more shady stunts he's pulled either, like deliberately putting obstacles in the way of decent sponsors so he can continue to push his own shitty brand for maximum exposure. Everyone has an idea he's milking the club, but he manages to hide a lot of it with his spiv accounting practices.

The full extent of the milking will no doubt be revealed when we finally get new owners. I can just imagine them releasing a statement telling us the dire state Ashley left us in.

Unfortunately, tables like that aren't going to be seen by the majority of the fans, they won't understand a lot of the more shady stunts he's pulled either, like deliberately putting obstacles in the way of decent sponsors so he can continue to push his own shitty brand for maximum exposure. Everyone has an idea he's milking the club, but he manages to hide a lot of it with his spiv accounting practices.

The full extent of the milking will no doubt be revealed when we finally get new owners. I can just imagine them releasing a statement telling us the dire state Ashley left us in.

What the Rangers fans had to say was particularly worrying in this regard.

:thup:

I can imagine he’s tied us up in some pretty shitty deals and I also think he’s spiteful enough to do us some real damage on the way out.

:thup:

I can imagine he’s tied us up in some pretty shitty deals and I also think he’s spiteful enough to do us some real damage on the way out.

I wonder if that's part of the reason no buyer has agreed terms with Ashley yet?  A bit like the Brexit bullshit going on at the minute.  New buyer wants complete freedom to run the club, Ashley insists that the SD signs stay up free of charge for the next 20 years...

Just had a flashback to the early/mid 2000's when Martin O'Neill's name kept getting banded around as our next manager. Then remembered we still have Rafa. And that Kineear/Carver/Pardew/MacLaren actually happened. Apparently if/when Rafa goes, MoN is a frontrunner for the job. Will be shut, but probably less shut than some of the utter cancer we've had over the last few years. Probably end up with Dennis Wise and relegation to League 2.

Its really not worth thinking about who our next manager will be, as it'll only lead to hate, hate leads to suffering and before you know it you've slaughtered a bunch of Younglings and you wake up screaming NOOOOOOOOO.

january is the time for rafa to walk after the bonding meal revelations..take one for the fans leaving ma in a freefall with no chance of a capable replacement ..ffs  this really has become a circus

january is the time for rafa to walk after the bonding meal revelations..take one for the fans leaving ma in a freefall with no chance of a capable replacement ..ffs  this really has become a circus

he's not going to pay£6m for the privilege of taking one for the fans, and we shouldnt expect him to.

he should walk away straight after the last match of the season, whether we stay up or go down.

he's not going to pay£6m for the privilege of taking one for the fans, and we shouldnt expect him to.

he should walk away straight after the last match of the season, whether we stay up or go down.

i would gladly donate 50 quid to the rafa compensation fund if it meant he left with a parting shot at ashly..sink it on his way out

Pre match conference should be interesting.

Nah, it'll be the usual professional approach IMHO.

Yeah, you're probably right.

I'm at the stage where I want him to snap and to tell the world about all the bullshit Ashley spoke last night.

Guest Howaythetoon

Rafa is content personally and professionally these days, if he gets 20-30m to spend over and above what he has had to spend say most windows, full control of who goes and who we sign and the ability to if need be blow the whole budget on one player foe example and also see moderate improvements in facilities, he will sign on the dotted line tomorrow.

We have in Rafa the KK we signed from Southampton as a player. It’s still better than anything we could ever hope for under Ashley, but it’s basically a happy shopper version of Rafa. He will sign a new deal in January, Ashley will spend 30m + and all will be good. But off the field, we will still be a million miles off our rivals and will always have to rely on Rafa pulling a rabbit out just to stay up.

For the good of the club long-term, Rafa has to go.

Rafa is content personally and professionally these days, if he gets 20-30m to spend over and above what he has had to spend say most windows, full control of who goes and who we sign and the ability to if need be blow the whole budget on one player foe example and also see moderate improvements in facilities, he will sign on the dotted line tomorrow.

We have in Rafa the KK we signed from Southampton as a player. It’s still better than anything we could ever hope for under Ashley, but it’s basically a happy shopper version of Rafa. He will sign a new deal in January, Ashley will spend 30m + and all will be good. But off the field, we will still be a million miles off our rivals and will always have to rely on Rafa pulling a rabbit out just to stay up.

It's like reading myself from 3 months ago

People thinking Rafa wants a load of money and for us to be knocking on the the door of the top 6 to stay are wrong. I reckon he would happily stay with an extra 10/15 million per window than what we have spent now and just enough to be out the bottom 6. He's already shown he's happy to sack off the cups an all

It's like reading myself from 3 months ago

People thinking Rafa wants a load of money and for us to be knocking on the the door of the top 6 to stay are wrong. I reckon he would happily stay with an extra 10/15 million per window than what we have spent now and just enough to be out the bottom 6. He's already shown he's happy to sack off the cups an all

Can’t think of anyone claiming Rafa wants £80m a window etc etc. He wants to see progress, he wants to see his plan being invested in, he wants to see the academy and training facility improved. He wants to see when he gives a list to lee, the players on it actually sign for us.

Everybody knows this and nobody is claiming anything else. Not sure what your argument is? That you’re the only one who is right despite nobody arguing against you?

Doesn't this depend on what you think the effect will be though? For example, a scenario where Rafa stays on a bargain basement basis for the next 5 years might be preferable to one where he leaves, Ashley still won't sell up and we end up limping around the middle of the Championship with Alan Curbishly as manager. 

Hopefully the effect would be to spur on fans and Ashley sells, obviously. But I can't help thinking that's a bit wishful.

If the alternatives are a few years as Sunderland or another decade of this shit, the former stats to look at least more satisfying as an experience.

You know, hope - all that shit.

Starting a fresh with a decent owner in league one would be 100x better than this shit

At least we could get behind something in the hope that in 5 years time we could be back in Europe.