Rafa Benítez (now unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

Guest firetotheworks

It's not a joke. It should be, but it's not. It should be a wind up, but he really is that thick. We've all been asking him who he'd rather have in since 2016, he's yet to answer.

Just read on Twitter(yay) he deffo can leave for free now if he wants.the fact he's still here makes me love him more.

Rafa  :smitten:

See what happens come the 1st of Feb

Rafa spending 300 million on Neymar and Suarez, leading to Newcastle playing super attacking football and winning a shock title?

Wouldn't be enough to get them 2 sadly and even if they were in our team theyd need counseling after having to play alongside Dummet,Yedlin,Manquillo,Joselu and Diame

Manager Rafael Benitez says Newcastle will struggle to "have a go" in this season's FA Cup because of their position in the Premier League.

The Magpies fell to 18th in the league on Saturday after defeat to Chelsea.

Benitez said he will rotate his squad for the third-round replay against Blackburn on Tuesday, as he did when the teams drew 1-1 at St James' Park.

He said clubs have to be "realistic" about their FA Cup chances when deciding to prioritise the competition.

"Who has a chance, a realistic chance? Teams in the middle of the table because they can have a go because they are safe," Benitez said.

"The other teams, you have to manage it really carefully."

Fellow Premier League strugglers Huddersfield, Cardiff and Fulham went out in the FA Cup in the third round to lower-league opposition, while Southampton were taken to a replay by Derby.

"Why you see these teams and they were out? Because the Premier League is massive," Benitez said.

"You have £130m guaranteed if you are there. So everyone is trying to manage the situation. You have to be realistic."

I thought Rafa was meant to get us as supporters? Who gives a fuck if Mike Ashley's team stays in the Premier League and what has the 130m got to do with anything, nobody is getting that except fat Mike, Rafa certainly isn't. Fuck me, pick your best team and try and win something, plenty of smaller clubs than us have won cups since we last did. 1969 for those of you too young to remember.

I think he gets that we care and want a team that tries and some hope.  I don't think he gets the history.  Talking to my dad who is 71 and literally has seen us win nothing (He doesn't count Fairs Cup as it was in Hungary). We've always had a maverick/entertainer in the team.  From Jimmy Smith, Tony Green, Beardsley, Gazza, Ginola, Robert, Tino and Ben Arfa.  Where is our talisman now?

You could argue it's finance but flair players have went for free.  Yes I'd like to win something but I'd rather watch a robert/Asprilla type than Ritchie all day long.  Ya ya Toure on sky tonight.  'If I'm a forward my job is to attack.  Do we do that?

I think he gets that we care and want a team that tries and some hope.  I don't think he gets the history.  Talking to my dad who is 71 and literally has seen us win nothing (He doesn't count Fairs Cup as it was in Hungary). We've always had a maverick/entertainer in the team.  From Jimmy Smith, Tony Green, Beardsley, Gazza, Ginola, Robert, Tino and Ben Arfa.  Where is our talisman now?

You could argue it's finance but flair players have went for free.  Yes I'd like to win something but I'd rather watch a robert/Asprilla type than Ritchie all day long.  Ya ya Toure on sky tonight.  'If I'm a forward my job is to attack.  Do we do that?

Christ.

Guest Howaythetoon

That’s modern football for you and of course where we are as a club under Ashley.

The FA Cup is potentially harmful to clubs looking to survive relegation and even then it’s about as welcome to most clubs, players and managers regardless as festive fixtures are.

I guarantee Rafa hates having to take any competition or game lightly though.

I’d like to see FA Cup winners rewarded with a CL spot and replays scrapped.

I thought Rafa was meant to get us as supporters? Who gives a f*** if Mike Ashley's team stays in the Premier League and what has the 130m got to do with anything, nobody is getting that except fat Mike, Rafa certainly isn't. f*** me, pick your best team and try and win something, plenty of smaller clubs than us have won cups since we last did. 1969 for those of you too young to remember.

Fully agree

That’s modern football for you and of course where we are as a club under Ashley.

The FA Cup is potentially harmful to clubs looking to survive relegation and even then it’s about as welcome to most clubs, players and managers regardless as festive fixtures are.

I guarantee Rafa hates having to take any competition or game lightly though.

I’d like to see FA Cup winners rewarded with a CL spot and replays scrapped.

Harmful in what way!? It's a few extra games a week apart from pl games. It's a myth

Guest NobbyOhNobby

I thought Rafa was meant to get us as supporters? Who gives a f*** if Mike Ashley's team stays in the Premier League and what has the 130m got to do with anything, nobody is getting that except fat Mike, Rafa certainly isn't. f*** me, pick your best team and try and win something, plenty of smaller clubs than us have won cups since we last did. 1969 for those of you too young to remember.

Fully agree

For a squad like ours, there's no way a it can cope with a cup run

Aye, for normal clubs with a squad it might be a myth. 

But for teams like us who've just fielded Hayden and Longstaff in the middle against Chelsea, we can't afford to risk losing anyone.  I know we done ok against Chelsea, but I'm pretty sure that would be the exception, not the rule

Having said that, personally, I don't think I give a fuck whether we go down or have a cup run when the end game is ultimately losing Rafa and us limping along forever more.  Just such a pointless club to follow.