Rafa Benítez (now unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

The long goodbye is nearly over.

It's gonna be weird having zero interest in NUFC, Rafa was the only thing that kept me hanging on.

What's the current list of absolute scrap heap knackers looking like these days?

Sam Allardyce

David Moyes

Tony Pulis (soon)

Mark Hughes

Alan Pardew

Gary Rowett

Gus Poyet

Darren Moore

Tim Sherwood if we're quick.

I forgot about the managerial heavy weight of Tim Sherwood.

Maybe Ashley will go down the Kinnear route and go for another average manager from the 90s?  George Burley, Mike Walker or Roy Evans anyone?

I tell you what, if an absolute outsider appears on the betting list then im putting some money on them.  :lol: :lol:

Guest Howaythetoon

I’m gonna stick 100 quid on Dennis Wise getting the job who the cub will give 100m to spend on players, one who will cost more than Almirom. Media friends will come out with the narrative of see what he can do, give him a chance etc. And those not renewing after Rafa going will be replaced by others excited by the 100m spend. Lascelles will come out and say Wise is a young coach, the sessions have been great, everyone is excited etc.

Guest Howaythetoon

My mate who supports Liverpool reckons Rodgers will be in for Sturridge, I could see Leicester looking to cash in on Vardy if that happens. Obviously because of the photo of him and his lass partying with Ashley and Wise it’s a bit of a stretch to think 2 and 2 means... but it wouldn’t surprise me if we are at least linked with him for 25m or so. Ironically I think he’d work brilliantly in Rafa’s system, dunno how old he is these days mind.

One thing that makes me certain Rafa is going, is our pre-season trip to China, has the clubs stamp all over that and not Rafas. He hated Liverpool going far flung places even before Gillet and co took over. I think that is an open slap in the face to him. Almiron only come in because he fits the profile anyway and we didn’t exactly buy him up front straight, they wanted to wait until the summer, but didn’t want to lose Rafa in January. Think Sissoko and co being bought in early to fend of relegation.

He’s off IMO, he’d be a mug if he stayed.

Guest neesy111

My mate who supports Liverpool reckons Rodgers will be in for Sturridge, I could see Leicester looking to cash in on Vardy if that happens. Obviously because of the photo of him and his lass partying with Ashley and Wise it’s a bit of a stretch to think 2 and 2 means... but it wouldn’t surprise me if we are at least linked with him for 25m or so. Ironically I think he’d work brilliantly in Rafa’s system, dunno how old he is these days mind.

One thing that makes me certain Rafa is going, is our pre-season trip to China, has the clubs stamp all over that and not Rafas. He hated Liverpool going far flung places even before Gillet and co took over. I think that is an open slap in the face to him. Almiron only come in because he fits the profile anyway and we didn’t exactly buy him up front straight, they wanted to wait until the summer, but didn’t want to lose Rafa in January. Think Sissoko and co being bought in early to fend of relegation.

He's 32, older than Rondon who we will only pay £12m max for.  This has zero chance.

Guest neesy111

He's 32, older than Rondon who we will only pay £12m max for.  No chance.

I’m gonna stick 100 quid on Dennis Wise getting the job who the cub will give 100m to spend on players, one who will cost more than Almirom. Media friends will come out with the narrative of see what he can do, give him a chance etc. And those not renewing after Rafa going will be replaced by others excited by the 100m spend. Lascelles will come out and say Wise is a young coach, the sessions have been great, everyone is excited etc.

I would stop following the club completely if we appointed Wise. Literally couldn't even follow the news anymore.

It's gonna be weird having zero interest in NUFC, Rafa was the only thing that kept me hanging on.

What's the current list of absolute scrap heap knackers looking like these days?

Sam Allardyce

David Moyes

Tony Pulis (soon)

Mark Hughes

Alan Pardew

Gary Rowett

Gus Poyet

Darren Moore

Updated with an addition of my own:

Sam Allardyce

David Moyes

Tony Pulis (soon)

Mark Hughes

Alan Pardew

Gary Rowett

Gus Poyet

Darren Moore

Tim Sherwood

Dennis Wise

Paul Lambert (probably available soon too)

:lol: :(

Sam Allardyce

David Moyes

Tony Pulis (soon)

Mark Hughes

Alan Pardew

Gary Rowett

Gus Poyet

Darren Moore

Sam Allardyce

David Moyes

Tony Pulis (soon)

Mark Hughes

Alan Pardew

Gary Rowett

Gus Poyet

Darren Moore

Tim Sherwood

Dennis Wise

John Carver was at the game at the weekend......

Sam Allardyce

David Moyes

Tony Pulis (soon)

Mark Hughes

Alan Pardew

Gary Rowett

Gus Poyet

Darren Moore

Sam Allardyce

David Moyes

Tony Pulis (soon)

Mark Hughes

Alan Pardew

Gary Rowett

Gus Poyet

Darren Moore

Tim Sherwood

Dennis Wise

It's the end of the world as we know it.

Guest Howaythetoon

It will be someone Ashley won’t have to worry about who will do whatever he’s told, another Pardew. Whoever it will be will be someone who’s worked in England before.

Big Sam wouldn’t be interested, he would want good money and to buy from his own list of potential Big Sam recruits.

Hughes and Moyes would be interested and are egotistical enough to think aye, I can do a job there working to a set budget and transfer policy, and they’d appeal to Ashley.

Guest Howaythetoon

The snag with that plan is that anything other than a world-class defensive manager and this squad will get relegated easily.

Ashley knows best remember...

Just look at Fulham, talented players, 100m spent, play nice football, gone! Rafa comfortably keeps them up.

The snag with that plan is that anything other than a world-class defensive manager and this squad will get relegated easily.

Ashley knows best remember...

Just look at Fulham, talented players, 100m spent, play nice football, gone! Rafa comfortably keeps them up.

That’s the exact lesson he takes. Confirmation bias at every turn.