Newcastle United 1 - 1 Liverpool - 01/10/17 - Post-match reaction from page 27

Greg

Guest firetotheworks

They look to me like a team of individuals, players playing with no real sense of where they ought to be playing in their system or out there on the pitch and unless someone like Coutinho bags a worldly, they are struggling.

How often have you watched Liverpool under Klopp? After Man City they're probably the most coherent and systematic team in the league. How you've come to the conclusion that they're a team of individuals and have to rely on Coutinho worldies is beyond me like, it's night and day to that in reality.

:lol: I have to say they look like a team with shite defenders.

Aye, their defence is shite but a team full of individuals with no real sense of their system relying on worldies? That couldn't be more wrong like. Everyone knows they've got a shite defenders and a shite 'keeper.

They look to me like a team of individuals, players playing with no real sense of where they ought to be playing in their system or out there on the pitch and unless someone like Coutinho bags a worldly, they are struggling.

How often have you watched Liverpool under Klopp? After Man City they're probably the most coherent and systematic team in the league. How you've come to the conclusion that they're a team of individuals and have to rely on Coutinho worldies is beyond me like, it's night and day to that in reality.

:lol: I have to say they look like a team with shite defenders.

Aye, their defence is shite but a team full of individuals with no real sense of their system relying on worldies? That couldn't be more wrong like. Everyone knows they've got a shite defenders and a shite 'keeper.

Nah I was agreeing with you. They're pretty free flowing with the ball, they just have awful defensive players and don't appear to be able to defend set plays.

They still struggle to break down teams who defend deep against them because they try to rush everything in midfield making it easy for the opposition. If that was against City yesterday and we were defending that solidly, they'd keep the ball for about 2 or 3 minutes continuously, tire us out and wait for a gap to appear. I don't see why they start Gini in games where they'll dominate the ball. They also need a more focal point type striker for those games IMO

I had a neutral, and 2 liverpool fans who are all very good friends of mine, text me after the match and generally their feeling was that our defensive shape and tactics at 1-1 where we dug in and just frustrated Liverpool as much as possible was a pure on masterclass by Rafa and the players executing the plan. Felt the same as well.

Hopefully something comes from the foreign interest because with Yedlin and Lascelles (and not discounting Clark and the others)its beginning to look like we can have a proper defense for the foreseeable future. Dont want to see guys that are looking like they can be part of the future off to make sure we have money. Heck in a lot of ways the glaring holes are the front men and then the leftside but the wing has some guys that need a proper go. Having funds injected into that attack and who knows what can happen....I know getting ahead of myself but things look good and with even an average attack for the level...we are probably on 12 to 16 points today.

Klopp didn't react to what we were doing. It was pretty clear early on that we were trying to direct their forward play through Gomez, we allowed him to be the out ball to their most forward player several times. His crossing was generally very poor. We also allowed Henderson time on the ball just inside their own half as he almost always plays a short safe pass and rarely carries the ball forward.

Klopp did nothing to try and shake this up or instruct his players to avoid playing the same balls. Liverpool only really looked dangerous when we lost possession and we were out of shape. I'd love to see a map of Liverpool's forward play which excludes counter attacks. I'd be fairly confident that their game plan didn't include Gomez becoming a focal point of attacking options.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tyne-41473443

Sturridge has scored in all four of his previous Premier League starts at Newcastle. For the Reds against the black and whites, he boasts five goals in five appearances

But software confused the word "comma", spoken by a subtitler, and put "scum" into the on-screen text

Hmm...so it's the software fault...really..I suppose Comma does sound like scum  :rolleyes:.

Was talking about that with my dad this morning.  On the subtitles it said 'black and white',  not 'black and whites'.  That s was interpreted to be part of 'comma' which would come out 'scomma' so you can see how it happened.