Newcastle United 1 - 0 Crystal Palace - 21/10/17 - Post-match reaction from pg23

Greg

Guest firetotheworks

If your combining an XI and putting 2 palace defenders in the back 4 you're mental. They've conceded 9 more goals than us.

If only football was that simple. For one, Sakho's only just started playing. Van Aanholt's simply a better player than any of our left backs, there's not a lot more to it than that.

Guest firetotheworks

The referee bottled giving Cabaye a red, he ran to the incident faster than any ref has ran before and was ready to pull a red out. The Palace players and Cabaye’s immediate apology calmed him down though.

In all honesty the referee needs to be dropped just for that decision, in my opinion he failed to take adequate action to protect the safety of players.

That's Cabaye's thing though, he did it every time for us. Put in an awful challenge then pretends he's really sorry. Depressing to see the ref fall for it really.

Aye, cabaye got away with a few like that when we played for us.

Can't stand the bloke, soon as he refused to play that was a cardinal sin which you can't go back on.

Dubious that mind Neesy. That was very much the club line.

The referee bottled giving Cabaye a red, he ran to the incident faster than any ref has ran before and was ready to pull a red out. The Palace players and Cabaye’s immediate apology calmed him down though.

In all honesty the referee needs to be dropped just for that decision, in my opinion he failed to take adequate action to protect the safety of players.

That's Cabaye's thing though, he did it every time for us. Put in an awful challenge then pretends he's really sorry. Depressing to see the ref fall for it really.

Can't stand the bloke, soon as he refused to play that was a cardinal sin which you can't go back on.

Why didn't he open his mouth on social media or in the press if it wasn't true?

Guest neesy111

Loftus-Cheek, as a 10, would be absolutely perfect for our current system. Gutted we didn't get him.

Aye, thought he looked good when he came on.

Guest firetotheworks

He refused to play.  He wanted a move which was plainly obvious.

You simply don't know that either way Neesy. Same situation with Given, Carroll, Enrique, Barton and probably others. Why people single out the Cabaye refusing to play thing as the one thing they've chosen to believe is puzzling.

Guest firetotheworks

No idea, why did Given wait nearly ten years to say anything? Why didn't Carroll say anything in public? Or Hughton? Enrique's the only one who spoken on social media about the way the club goes on, the others either took forever to come out, or information came from ITKs.

He refused to play.  He wanted a move which was plainly obvious.

You simply don't know that either way Neesy. Same situation with Given, Carroll, Enrique, Barton and probably others. Why people single out the Cabaye refusing to play thing as the one thing they've chosen to believe is puzzling.

Aye, don't believe the "refused to play" one bit tbh.

No idea, why did Given wait nearly ten years to say anything? Why didn't Carroll say anything in public? Or Hughton? Enrique's the only one who spoken on social media about the way the club goes on, the others either took forever to come out, or information came from ITKs.

He's still a cunt.

Guest firetotheworks

Cabaye wanted to leave though.

No doubt, but that's what was sold to all of them, so I can't blame them. Obviously you know this, but there's a  big difference between wanting away and refusing to play.

Guest firetotheworks

He's still a cunt.

I was more offended at him going to Palace tbh. [emoji38]

Guest neesy111

No doubt, but that's what was sold to all of them, so I can't blame them. Obviously you know this, but there's a  big difference between wanting away and refusing to play.

I believe he refused to play to push through a transfer.  No player would ever agree to the club saying he refused to play, it completely shreds the credibility of the person in general.  That's why it's always he's injured when clubs do it with players before a move happens.

Aye, Cabaye is such a wanker for wanting to leave ambitionless Newcastle to go and move back to his homeland and play for a top side with probably triple the salary.

Why should Cabaye show any loyalty to us? We’re happy to throw players on the scrapheap (Ben Arfa) or flog as soon as possible - yet players are expected to be the most loyal professionals to the same club :lol:

I have no doubt that Cabaye was probably forced out in the same manner as Carroll, Given, Enrique etc. Our club under MA has proven time and time again that they are the problem, no idea why this situation is any different because Pardew claimed he didn’t wanna play.

Guest firetotheworks

I believe he refused to play to push through a transfer.  No player would ever agree to the club saying he refused to play, it completely shreds the credibility of the person in general.  That's why it's always he's injured when clubs do it with players before a move happens.

You mean like handing in a transfer request? Exactly what they did with Given and Carroll. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it didn't happen, more that I'd be very surprised if it was that simple with Ashley and Pardew involved, particularly as Ashley activily wanted to sell him.

"Stuart Pearce's Premier League grades"

Newcastle - B+

A great result for Newcastle. The key driver for this one is more the result than the performance. To beat a team that are going to be in and around you at the end of the season was massive. The performance wasn't great but you take three points and move on.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11661/11094864/stuart-pearces-premier-league-grades-including-an-a-for-sensational-huddersfield

Donald-Trump-Confused-Face-2015-Republican-Debate.gif?ssl=1

I think a lot of players and managers choose to keep their powder dry these days because everything gets endlessly shared, dissected and trotted out again time after time.

Managers pay a lot more attention to players' attitudes, personality traits and past misdemeanours and I imagine speaking out against senior club staff isn't looked upon very favourably.  Likewise club owners will probably look at instances of a manager speaking out against BODs when deciding who to hire.

Given's career is basically over so there's no risk to him speaking out now