Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

That's the sort of pedantry that'll see you go up in most people's estimations on here. :lol:

Loads of people think Ginola was left footed, like. :lol: He was as two-footed as we've probably had in my lifetime tbf.

I emailed David at the time. I didn't need confirmation, but Mick clearly did. Baguette munching tosser ignored me.

I always felt the True Faith was written for non-NUFC fans. The whole magazine seemed like a propaganda operation to portray us as cooler than Fonzie, with its constant references to The Jam and Joy Division, spread sections about shoes and admonishments of people who wear the wrong type of trousers.

Oh, and my email argument. Michael wrote about David Ginola being left footed, so pendantic I kindly corrected him

I found it had too many stories of hooliganism in it. A lot of the stories were not even about NUFC, but NUFC fans who went on holiday and saw a local match and then brought in their hooligan history and tried to justify it all by saying it created an atmosphere. I got the impression that it was written by people from the 70’s/80’s who longed for those days to return, and read by similar people and the young chav supporters within our support. I stopped reading it very early on in my support for the club.

TLDR: Written by gobshite’s, read by those who believe gobshite’s.

I've noticed they've been posting inflamitory stuff about what other supporters are saying before and after matches and only posting negative comments about us. Seems like they want to rile up the fan base.

I always felt the True Faith was written for non-NUFC fans. The whole magazine seemed like a propaganda operation to portray us as cooler than Fonzie, with its constant references to The Jam and Joy Division, spread sections about shoes and admonishments of people who wear the wrong type of trousers.

Oh, and my email argument. Michael wrote about David Ginola being left footed, so pendantic I kindly corrected him

I found it had too many stories of hooliganism in it. A lot of the stories were not even about NUFC, but NUFC fans who went on holiday and saw a local match and then brought in their hooligan history and tried to justify it all by saying it created an atmosphere. I got the impression that it was written by people from the 70’s/80’s who longed for those days to return, and read by similar people and the young chav supporters within our support. I stopped reading it very early on in my support for the club.

TLDR: Written by gobshite’s, read by those who believe gobshite’s.

Whoahhhhh! Actually, aye  :lol:

Extracts from a FT article today, via the Chronicle...

Financial Times: NUFC takeover reaching a 'critical phase'

A new report in the Financial Times this morning claiming there is work to be done on the takeover. Their version of events is that the fears over relegation are one of the final hurdles in the deal.

The key points:

The proposed takeover of Newcastle United football club has reached a critical stage, with disagreements about the value of the club if it is relegated from the Premier League preventing a quick deal between Mike Ashley, the current owner, and Amanda Staveley, the prospective buyer. The sides are still in talks, but questions persist over how to structure a deal should Newcastle, which has dropped to near the bottom of the league, falls out of English football’s top tier, a failure that would decimate the value of the north-eastern club.

There are a few interesting lines in there:

Ms Staveley is resisting paying a high price up front and will not be swayed by promises of a rebate should Newcastle be relegated, according to people familiar with the talks.

(She is) is instead pushing for a structure where she would pay a lower price for the club and then top it up in May if Newcastle retains its top-flight status.

Relegation is a critical factor:

The team is now just a point above the relegation zone and, according to those familiar with the discussions, PCP has estimated that Newcastle has a 65 per cent chance of relegation.

Unless concessions are made soon, a deal may not be completed before the next transfer window closes in January, warned those familiar with the discussions, meaning that a new owner would need to wait until next season before investing in new players.

I know it sounds bad but hopefully it's in our favour. Our poor form means that Ashley will be losing money by the day, he can either decide to cut his losses ASAP and recoup as much money as possible, or he can accept his fate and own us as a championship club for at least a few more years...

That article suggests that neither Staveley or Ashley are willing to invest in January to significantly increase our chances of survival.  I know there are no guarantees when signing players but improving even just 2 or 3 of our weak links would make a massive difference to us.  If neither want to protect their investment maybe they're both as bad as each other?

That article suggests that neither Staveley or Ashley are willing to invest in January to significantly increase our chances of survival.  I know there are no guarantees when signing players but improving even just 2 or 3 of our weak links would make a massive difference to us.  If neither want to protect their investment maybe they're both as bad as each other?

Probably more of a bargaining point. If she knows Ashley isn't going to invest in January, there is a good chance the club will be relegated and the value of the club will be massively damaged. So That gives her a strong bargaining point and can just say that she shouldn't have to make a purchase that is reliant of her to invest additional money to make the basic price she paid him worth her while.

I've explained that really badly.

Probably more of a bargaining point. If she knows Ashley isn't going to invest in January, there is a good chance the club will be relegated and the value of the club will be massively damaged. So That gives her a strong bargaining point and can just say that she shouldn't have to make a purchase that is reliant of her to invest additional money to make the basic price she paid him worth her while.

No i understand what you're saying.  It seems that neither of them wants the responsibility of the January investment though, which is a worry for me.  I'm no business expert but you'd think if Staveley had huge financial backing then we'd get a situation where the squad got some heavy investment to guarantee survival as much as realistically possible, whether the takeover had gone through or not.  That isn't mentioned in that article so maybe Staveley doesn't have the financial muscle that we're all hoping for?

You still write for them Paully?

Yep, I still talk s**** for them!

https://issuu.com/truefaith1892/docs/true_faith_135/46

I`ve read their (And your) stuff for quite some while and always found it (Often) informative & interesting but not that entertaining.

As one lad once said to me in the back page "There's only so many times you can Ashley a fat bastard".

That FT thing is worrying like.  We know how stubborn Ashley can be.

but the fat cunt cant be that stupid, can he?

if he doesnt sell, he has to fork out a significant transfer fund in january - if he doesnt, we'll get relegated and he'll lose even more, AND the value of the club will plummet.

you'd think he'd snap the hands off PCP.

No i understand what you're saying.  It seems that neither of them wants the responsibility of the January investment though, which is a worry for me.  I'm no business expert but you'd think if Staveley had huge financial backing then we'd get a situation where the squad got some heavy investment to guarantee survival as much as realistically possible, whether the takeover had gone through or not.  That isn't mentioned in that article so maybe Staveley doesn't have the financial muscle that we're all hoping for?

From what's been reported, it sounds like the 'heavy investment' that is required is only likely to be about £30m because the takeover isn't going to be completed in time so we are relying on loans from Ashley. If that's the case I don't blame PCP for worrying about the very real chance of relegation. That investment should have been made in the summer to guarantee safety.