Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I honestly don't think Ashley wants to sack Rafa. I think even he realises anyone he could possibly replace him with wouldn't be able to do any better.

People still underestimate how much he cares about the public's opinion of him. He may be a vindictive, petty piece of shit. But he seems to want to keep it as under wraps as possible. Wants to be shown as caring to try and quell the tide of public opinion finally totally turning on him. It's not just about our fans; the media and general public seem to finally be cottoning on and he doesn't like that.

All imo of course.

Just thinking, why would he sell Newcastle for £300m, by my reckoning he's not spent any of the tv money which is £100m a season, so basically if we stay up another season, he'll have made that much just by being in the Premier. He's not going anywhere while he's cashing in to that tune. It will take at least two seasons in the championship before he decides the cow's been milked to death.

Just thinking, why would he sell Newcastle for £300m, by my reckoning he's not spent any of the tv money which is £100m a season,

We won't have had £100m left after covering for wages, the club (same as most others) doesn't make enough through tickets, sponsorship etc alone to cover their costs.

Not a single one of these so called football pundits has acknowledges how much money the fans have put into the club during Ashleys tenure.

25% increase in season ticket prices this season that also gets ignored.

Not a single one of these so called football pundits has acknowledges how much money the fans have put into the club during Ashleys tenure.

25% increase in season ticket prices this season that also gets ignored.

Madness considering the shit that is being served up to them as a 'club'.  Not to mention the fuckin price increase.

Just thinking, why would he sell Newcastle for £300m, by my reckoning he's not spent any of the tv money which is £100m a season, so basically if we stay up another season, he'll have made that much just by being in the Premier. He's not going anywhere while he's cashing in to that tune. It will take at least two seasons in the championship before he decides the cow's been milked to death.

There’s plenty of room in those clown’s jeans to trouser a lot more too.

There’s plenty of room in those clown’s jeans to trouser a lot more too.

As much as he's a disgusting cunt who's stealing from the club, there's no chance we make £100m profit per season like, not even close with the new TV deal.

Still won't sell for £300m though I agree there, unless he gets enough shit to persuade him to fuck off.

Thats why we need to relegate to get rid of him.

Not made him sell up the previous two times and it won’t again. Same thing will happen he will bank on going up again straight away. I personally believe that nobody will be interested in buying into a championship team either especially at the price he will be looking for

Not made him sell up the previous two times and it won’t again. Same thing will happen he will bank on going up again straight away. I personally believe that nobody will be interested in buying into a championship team either especially at the price he will be looking for

I think the implication was that it wasn’t on the basis of coming straight back each time. I mean probability dictates we won’t each time. He wouldn’t want it but he’d want his money back so you’re right on that count.

Don't understand this line of thought.

Leicester City

Crystal Palace

Fulham

Wolves

Southampton

Watford

All purchased from the Championship or League 1.

Simple rule of business. Buy low.

The price will be lowered after a few seasons in the Championship. That's what it will take imo. Maybe 3-5 seasons in the Championship. Maybe ANOTHER relegation.

Can't see us being sold while the PL money is coming in.

Leicester City

Crystal Palace

Fulham

Wolves

Southampton

Watford

The price will be lowered after a few seasons in the Championship. That's what it will take imo. Maybe 3-5 seasons in the Championship. Maybe ANOTHER relegation.

All had the chance to buy us when we were in the championship and didn’t because he is asking far too much and the clubs you mention were able to be bought  for a fraction of the cost compared to us. That is the way it is unfortunately and relegation won’t change that.

Leicester City

Crystal Palace

Fulham

Wolves

Southampton

Watford

All had the chance to buy us when we were in the championship and didn’t because he is asking far too much and the clubs you mention were able to be bought  for a fraction of the cost compared to us. That is the way it is unfortunately and relegation won’t change that.

One year in the Championship won't be enough. We will need to stay down.

I'm thinking about it this way. We've done the amble around the PL, stinking it up and not coming close to being sold.

Let's try 5 years in the Championship. The price must come down. If anything, maybe staying down will ignite the fans to turn vitriolic. A nice midtable Championship position might get the masses to desert the club and/or get angry. He knows he can ride the relegation wave and he's seen a winning championship side stop any shenanigans.

This invest minimally and scrape survival is the ultimate win for him regarding the club. A relegation and bounce back straight after is something I reckon he's also happy to do. Both scenarios, the public don't cause that much disturbance.

I agree with ElCid here tbh. It's the Ashley cycle.

- 2+ seasons in PL

- Relegation

- Ashley 'loans' the club more money

- Debt to fat Ash has now increased

- Promotion

- Penny pinching in the PL

- Repeat

He'll sell when he wants to sell, it's the MG's and more importantly us fans' job to make his life as owner as miserable as possible by protests and attacking his business(es) to bring that day closer.

I agree with ElCid here tbh. It's the Ashley cycle.

- 2+ seasons in PL

- Relegation

- Ashley 'loans' the club more money

- Debt to fat Ash has now increased

- Promotion

- Penny pinching in the PL

- Repeat

He'll sell when he wants to sell, it's the MG's and more importantly us fans' job to make his life as owner as miserable as possible by protests and attacking his business(es) to bring that day closer.

What happens when we eventually stay down? That will happen sooner or later.

Also, the fans have never caused that much grief throughout the Pardew era or the McClaren era. This is after he hounded out a club legend. I think the penny has  dropped with the fans that it's not any 1 managers fault ultimately but Ashley's. SO maybe something has changed there and we might be able to hound him out.

But i'm still sceptical. When I regularly see empty stands on MOTD, something might have fundamentally changed. I also think some of the broadcasting media will change perspective when that happens as it's bad for TV. While the stadium is full nobody will bother to do any real research.

I can't see us staying down. He'll bring in one of his bell end mates as manager who is garbage but okay enough at Championship level. He'll loan the club more cash for a transfer and wage budget. We'll come back up with increased debt to Ashley and the cycle starts again. The club will just be incredibly easier to despise with no Rafa.

For us to stay down we'll all have to pray that we are shite. Like Stoke this year or Villa in years gone by.

The Championship is getting harder to come straight back. 

Only us and Burnley have done it in recent seasons. 

The last promotion we had the best manager in the league by a distance and it wasn’t as nearly as easy as the first time. 

The majority of our transfers succeeded and we sold £70m odd in transfers. We still had Shelvey, Mitro, Lascelles etc. We sell our 4 most talented/rated players we’ll have nothing beneath it this time.

The strategy is high risk and is bound to fail soone or later

Thing is in the next few years championship teams will be paying more for players than our record transfer fee that's when we won't be able too compete at all. Already this season we've been outspent by a good few of them

In agreement on this. I think we’re so poor at this point that a good percentage of championship clubs could beat us now.

Any of the young talent coming through have been stifled at every step of the way. So aside from Lascelles who won’t be worth even half of what we thought he would, none of the rest of the first team squad could be sold on for much so rebuilding could be near on impossible.

I wondered a lot today if Mike Ashley saw what happened at Leicester and envied how those supporters or even players thought of the owner there. I think that’s perhaps how he thought or hoped it might be at the start before things went sour after KK.

I don't want to be all doom and gloom here but I think Ashley will sell us at the end of the season when we go down to one of his dodgy mates that hasn't got a pot to piss in but will have to advertise Sports Direct for the next 10 years or something he will realise that investment in January is pointless because we are already down so Rafa goes in February and takeover talk fills the papers until the end of the season when the empty shell that is Newcastle United is sold.

A long spell in the championship will follow whilst the new owner desperately tries to pay off Ashley's loans until we are eventually bought by somebody and then the real story of how much Ashley has taken from the club will come out.

Just a thought but I don’t think he has intentions to sell,he’ll be here for  10-20 years of we don’t get rid of him. Also given the asset stripping ( selling off land etc) and potential long term deals he has us tied for n with we might not get our club back properly for 30 years

I can't see us staying down. He'll bring in one of his bell end mates as manager who is garbage but okay enough at Championship level. He'll loan the club more cash for a transfer and wage budget. We'll come back up with increased debt to Ashley and the cycle starts again. The club will just be incredibly easier to despise with no Rafa.

For us to stay down we'll all have to pray that we are shite. Like Stoke this year or Villa in years gone by.

That’s entirely possible. We can’t keep circling the bowl like Sunderlanf expect to just bounce back with Ashley style investment. Just won’t work after a while. But you’re right as long as we yo yo he’ll be fine with that. He’s arrogant enough to blame someone else for it and if he left without his money, he’d tear our viscera out with him so it’s going to get worse before it gets better imo. We can’t run with the foxes hunt with the hounds every year and be PL with championship investment year on year - it just won’t work, however much we want representation in the elite league. Staying down will be fucking shit. It’s fucking shit now n all.

That’s entirely possible. We can’t keep circling the bowl like Sunderlanf expect to just bounce back with Ashley style investment. Just won’t work after a while. But you’re right as long as we yo yo he’ll be fine with that. He’s arrogant enough to blame someone else for it and if he left without his money, he’d tear our viscera out with him so it’s going to get worse before it gets better imo. We can’t run with the foxes hunt with the hounds every year and be PL with championship investment year on year - it just won’t work, however much we want representation in the elite league. Staying down will be fucking shit. It’s fucking shit now n all.

It's getting to the point where a start up club looks appetising. Newcastle City or something of that Ilk. With the right backing we'd probably meet on the way up/down.