Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

It's probably not worth getting too wound up about the finer details now. There'll be all manner of manuvering going on from both sides. I'm guessing any relegation clause is being used primarily as a stick in case Ashley drags his feet, this goes on well into the January transfer window and PCP can't invest in the playing squad. I'd expect there'll be a second bid without any sort of clause that's offered on the proviso it's done by the New Year.

Always makes me laugh whenever anything like this happens...

experts-experts-everywhere-js9bx8.jpg?w=600

Some of us have spent literally minutes reading up on football finance and takeovers I'll have you know.

Staveley wants a relegation clause. Substantial amount refunded should we go down. This all sound ridiculous now.

Like buying a house not paying for a thorough survey finding your roof is fucked then claiming you want half your money back, get real.

You buy something in the knowledge it is a club that has just been promoted and there is a risk, fund the fucking thing! Are we now going to end up with the female equivalent of Ashley?

If we're relegated because of dodgy tax dealings, she'd obviously have a few complaints about that.

Sky are reporting it nothing to do with hmrc and dodgy stuff.

About Rafa and the playing squad needing to reach targets.

She better get her hands in her mates pockets then. Bacause the poor bastard needs about 5 players in January to guarantee no relegation. Factor in losing Key players to injury and suspension,our cover isnt the best.

Yeah, sky have all of the details. They're speculating as much as we are man!

Weather they are or not, if true a relegation clause on a club not a player is a bit of a stretch to far. I wouldnt go for a deal like that. You just dont know its a stab in the dark.

Original reports made all this sound like they were purchasing something they want to improve and turn around and challenge.

No we hear about relegation clauses.

Bit of a fucking joke.

Staveley wants a relegation clause. Substantial amount refunded should we go down. This all sound ridiculous now.

Like buying a house not paying for a thorough survey finding your roof is f***ed then claiming you want half your money back, get real.

You buy something in the knowledge it is a club that has just been promoted and there is a risk, fund the f***ing thing! Are we now going to end up with the female equivalent of Ashley?

It's nothing like buying house. If you need a new roof your income doesn't suddenly get cut significantly.

Like buying a house not paying for a thorough survey finding your roof is f***ed then claiming you want half your money back, get real.

You buy something in the knowledge it is a club that has just been promoted and there is a risk, fund the f***ing thing! Are we now going to end up with the female equivalent of Ashley?

If we're relegated because of dodgy tax dealings, she'd obviously have a few complaints about that.

She better get her hands in her mates pockets then. Bacause the poor b****** needs about 5 players in January to guarantee no relegation. Factor in losing Key players to injury and suspension,our cover isnt the best.

Weather they are or not, if true a relegation clause on a club not a player is a bit of a stretch to far. I wouldnt go for a deal like that. You just dont know its a stab in the dark.

Original reports made all this sound like they were purchasing something they want to improve and turn around and challenge.

Bit of a f***ing joke.

Lets just see what happens, they are probably just trying to cover all bases. 

It's nothing like buying house. If you need a new roof your income doesn't suddenly get cut significantly.

God bless you, Greg.

Bit of a fucking joke.

Well, I'm convinced.

Like buying a house not paying for a thorough survey finding your roof is fucked then claiming you want half your money back, get real.

You buy something in the knowledge it is a club that has just been promoted and there is a risk, fund the fucking thing! Are we now going to end up with the female equivalent of Ashley?

She better get her hands in her mates pockets then. Bacause the poor bastard needs about 5 players in January to guarantee no relegation. Factor in losing Key players to injury and suspension,our cover isnt the best.

Bit of a fucking joke.

It's a bit of a joke that you don't understand how they are after some sort of protection against relegation that they would only have a limited amount of ability to prevent even with the assumption that the deal will be completed before January.

Could it be a move by Staveley to get Ashley to back Rafa in January?

If it looks like the deal won't go through before the January window but everything is agreed in principle, by insisting on a relegation clause PCP force Ashley to either take a massive gamble and not spend, or back Rafa to ensure PL safety and pocket his cash

Except they've done a thorough survey and this is nothing at all like buying a house.  Sky also know nothing about the specifics of why any such clause may be in a contract that's been submitted under a none disclosure agreement.

They know what they are buying. You cant start negotiating a new boiler 6 months after a purchase, or saying i can only buy this property on the grounds that boiler stays in tip top shape for the remainder of the year.

Wtf you have me comparing us to a boiler now to make a point.

Point is a relegation clause for a club isnt going to work or happen imo.

That fat fucker wouldnt go for it.

They know what they are buying. You cant start negotiating a new boiler 6 months after a purchase, or saying i can only buy this property on the grounds that boiler stays in tip top shape for the remainder of the year.

The last boiler I bought came with a 2 year guarantee it wouldn't get relegated to the Championship tbf, quite common these days.

:thup:

Along with the insistence that 'THEY KNOW NOTHING MAN' about every single journalist that has ever existed anywhere ever.

:thup: :thup:

It's still nothing like buying a house. Yes it would be ridiculous to have a clause in there that PCP can get their money back if the roof falls off the Gallowgate End. This is a bit different.

Unlikely but I can understand why they would be pushing for it, even as a negotiating tool they are willing to give way on.

No one is saying it is or isn't, in fact most of us see it as a political move as part of her bid in which she's willing to drop to get a better deal for herself.

You are the one dismissing her credibility because of this one aspect.

Along with the insistence that 'THEY KNOW NOTHING MAN' about every single journalist that has ever existed anywhere ever.

To be fair they seemed to know nothing about any offer at all yesterday morning.  Now not only do they know specifics like clauses but some apparently even know the motivation behind each clause.  All from a deal that's behind a none disclosure agreement.  I think its fair to say the vast majority are talking shite/speculating and claiming it as fact.

Are the details shown on SSN new or have I just missed it? the part about wanting compensation if we were relegated, about having targets to achieve to get the value near to the £300m value and that both parties seem confident it will be agreed soon?

No one is saying it is or isn't, in fact most of us see it as a political move as part of her bid in which she's willing to drop to get a better deal for herself.

You are the one dismissing her credibility because of this one aspect.

No im not as such.

More so im just thinking its something most of us wouldnt go for if we were in a position like Ashley. Can anyone guarantee we wouldnt get relegated at this moment? I just cant see Ashley going for it, he protects every penny.

Im only banging on a bit because its gone from potentially funding Rafa in January to now talk of relegation clauses.

I thought it might have been the other way round, they may not complete the deal to fund Rafa and ask Ashley to fund him, and then he would say if you still go down you (pcp) owe him.

All hypothetical ^^^

Guest firetotheworks

To be fair they seemed to know nothing about any offer at all yesterday morning.  Now not only do they know specifics like clauses but some apparently even know the motivation behind each clause.  All from a deal that's behind a none disclosure agreement.  I think its fair to say the vast majority are talking shite/speculating and claiming it as fact.

The journalists worth listening to have done the exact opposite of claiming anything as fact, they've been cautious with their language and been criticised on here for not knowing anything. Those not worth listening to have made claims as fact and been criticised on here for not knowing anything. Then there's The Daily Star, who said that this would happen, but that's been ignored and twisted as well. I'm not sticking up for the press, but this whole nothing-ever-happens attitude towards any journalist who comments on the whole thing is really fucking annoying when it's coming from people who know even less.