Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

How any fan can find the overall match day experience of SJP worth whatever it costs to go is beyond me, even the football is dire in the main. I tried to get back into it last season and it was demoralising. All the hard fought backs to the wall wins in the world against the Man Utd’s of the world don’t compensate for the utter shite that is served up by Ashley FC. The team has likeable players and work hard, but this isn’t a good team. The manager is great, but it’s painful seeing him in the dugout hamstrung so much with what he has to work with. The stadium, well, if you like SD adverts, silence and expensive warm piss and microwaved burgers, knock yourself out. I’d rather watch us on a stream, or preferably be doing something much better with my time on match day.

Keegan bandwagon jumper alert.

Guest Howaythetoon

How any fan can find the overall match day experience of SJP worth whatever it costs to go is beyond me, even the football is dire in the main. I tried to get back into it last season and it was demoralising. All the hard fought backs to the wall wins in the world against the Man Utd’s of the world don’t compensate for the utter shite that is served up by Ashley FC. The team has likeable players and work hard, but this isn’t a good team. The manager is great, but it’s painful seeing him in the dugout hamstrung so much with what he has to work with. The stadium, well, if you like SD adverts, silence and expensive warm piss and microwaved burgers, knock yourself out. I’d rather watch us on a stream, or preferably be doing something much better with my time on match day.

Tried jumping on the Rafa bandwagon, but he’s no KK!

The time when football was played the way we did under Keegan is sadly long gone. Today is more defensive and tactical. If you play like we did then today you would be punished every game.

Sad but true because it was a joy to watch and I'm glad I'm old enough to have seen it!

Where has the money gone from TV Revenue, league placing prize money a nd all other revenue including commercial and sponsorship as well as player sales

I'm absolutely convinced Ashley is using NUFC money that is assured to supplement losses in his other businesses so that all can be kept afloat

I'd genuinely like a decent constructive explanation as to where the funds NUFC generate from being a Premier League club goes to because if we a re so light years behind the other 19 competitors as far as new player investment goes it would be nice to know why

I think he'd win trophies though given anything like decent backing. He's tactically in a league of his own, put a bit of pace and class up front and you'd see a team not many would fancy coming up against.

I think we need to change the chant, from 'fat cockney bastard' to 'fat greedy bastard'. Reckon that will give us more credibility amd stop those southern journos from being able to spout their usual shite.

Spot on. A lot of the 'deluded jawdees' shite spun by London journos came out at the same time as the 'fat cockney bastard' banners and chants.

Guest Howaythetoon

The time when football was played the way we did under Keegan is sadly long gone. Today is more defensive and tactical. If you play like we did then today you would be punished every game.

Sad but true because it was a joy to watch and I'm glad I'm old enough to have seen it!

The KK team would be on a par with Liverpool today, we would not finish outside of the top 4 with that team and I’d back us to win something with that team today. It’s all hypothetical of course, but if we somehow transported KK, SJH, that team and how we were ran back then to today, we’d be right up there signing the best players, playing great football and challenging. I think the Fergie team that beat us to the actual title would probably fair worse off because the pressure to sign big money players just to keep up would have prevented the likes of Beckham and co becoming first-teamers. Fergie himself said it was a huge risk, but having won the title he thought he had that window of security if you like to be able to bring them in and start again. He thought the title was ours that season, but looked at our aging team and how we were almost trying to fastrack success as short term and he was right of course. I don’t think his methods would quite work today, they would be another Spurs.

ive tried staying away in the past but i missed the match so much, i will be going again this season and yes i'm frustrated as much as the rest , call me a cunt but i love NUFC and theres many teams worse off than us .

ashley can fix this a little, he doesn't see that it won't take much to keep his pockets filled but the pig ignorance not to give Rfa a quality forward and defender is  suicide for him .

i'm not happy but i love going to the match more to let the fat bastard ruin it.  O0

Youre obviously not that frustrated if you continue to attend and help fund the decline of NUFC . Yes there are many teams worse off ( Hartlepool , Gateshead and Sunderland come to mind ) do you really want to measure our status by comparison to such small clubs ? How low are your horizons ? Youre not happy but youre happy enough to continue to fund your own unhappiness ...

It would seem that for you the pleasure is simply funding Ashley in order to watch any old shite ... did you have the same attitude in the Seymour / McKeag era ... did you not get behind the SJH takeover at the time ? Did you not notice the difference under the SJH regime ?

Or are you just another fucking muppet ?

Mate. Even though I probably exactly the same sentiment when it comes to what is needed you have absolutely bot all clue about how to go about creating unity and solving this.

Aye, everyone has their own justifications or reasons for going to the match and whilst you might disagree with them you kind of have to sort of respect their decision. Going around trying to shame them and/or labelling them as selfish or cunts etc isn’t really the right way to go about things. There’s no consistency to it either, if you want to go with Rafa in charge it’s acceptable but if he walks it’s not? It’s still the same owner, still the same lack of ambition, still the same unwillingness to compete financially with teams around or even below us. As great as Rafa is he can only do so much when the club actively don’t want success beyond surviving relegation each season with as small as possible outlay. I personally won’t be spending a penny on the club as long as Ashley is there but it doesn’t make me more of a fan than those that do. Whenever one of these protests or movements come around too many fans get on their high horse and slag other fans off. It would be great if every fan was on the same page but it’s never going to be realistic and trying to convert the others via abuse is never going to work.

ive tried staying away in the past but i missed the match so much, i will be going again this season and yes i'm frustrated as much as the rest , call me a cunt but i love NUFC and theres many teams worse off than us .

ashley can fix this a little, he doesn't see that it won't take much to keep his pockets filled but the pig ignorance not to give Rfa a quality forward and defender is  suicide for him .

i'm not happy but i love going to the match more to let the fat bastard ruin it.  O0

Youre obviously not that frustrated if you continue to attend and help fund the decline of NUFC . Yes there are many teams worse off ( Hartlepool , Gateshead and Sunderland come to mind ) do you really want to measure our status by comparison to such small clubs ? How low are your horizons ? Youre not happy but youre happy enough to continue to fund your own unhappiness ...

It would seem that for you the pleasure is simply funding Ashley in order to watch any old shite ... did you have the same attitude in the Seymour / McKeag era ... did you not get behind the SJH takeover at the time ? Did you not notice the difference under the SJH regime ?

Mate. Even though I probably exactly the same sentiment when it comes to what is needed you have absolutely bot all clue about how to go about creating unity and solving this.

Aye, everyone has their own justifications or reasons for going to the match and whilst you might disagree with them you kind of have to sort of respect their decision. Going around trying to shame them and/or labelling them as selfish or cunts etc isn’t really the right way to go about things. There’s no consistency to it either, if you want to go with Rafa in charge it’s acceptable but if he walks it’s not? It’s still the same owner, still the same lack of ambition, still the same unwillingness to compete financially with teams around or even below us. As great as Rafa is he can only do so much when the club actively don’t want success beyond surviving relegation each season with as small as possible outlay. I personally won’t be spending a penny on the club as long as Ashley is there but it doesn’t make me more of a fan than those that do. Whenever one of these protests or movements come around too many fans get on their high horse and slag other fans off. It would be great if every fan was on the same page but it’s never going to be realistic and trying to convert the others via abuse is never going to work.

Meh, some people are beyond convincing anyway, they're happy to put up with the shit way our club is run, the way it's been raped for the past 10 years, so that they can have their day at a match. Regardless of soopafanship or not I don't class anyone that puts their matchday day-out above all else as having the best interests of the club at heart. Trying to placate everyone is never going to get the job done.

Guest covmag

personally i can do what i want, ive been going since 1976 and seen shitier times than this, you stay away and be a militant hero , it gets you no fucking where you muppet. knob

:thup: all true and relevant especially the last sentence.

Must say though not sure why some see any protest as a great opportunity to get on their soapboxes and shout about how they go to all of the games home and away, always have and always will. That's super, but we're trying to make a point to the owner here so please pipe the fuck down.

personally i can do what i want, ive been going since 1976 and seen shitier times than this, you stay away and be a militant hero , it gets you no fucking where you muppet. knob

whereas lining the owner we all want out pockets every week gets us many places

“The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results”

mk7zlivnkab11.png

Fee is wrong, but the years ffs :lol:

In 2005 the currency rate would have been £1=1.5 Euros, so that figure is about right. Bit of a daft way of calculating it though.

So we’re going to have to spend over £22.3m abroad to beat the club record. That cunt will always be record transfer.

I don't believe that there have been worse times than this. It's all relative of course.

In previous times, like the years under Gordon McKeag, in general, there wasn't much to be positive about and we'd didn't know if success was ever possible. Now, we have a world class manager and the potential to be one of the biggest clubs in this country. We've seen under Keegan what we can be. We are so close to being a fantastic club.

For me, that makes these times the most despairing during my lifetime. I've been going since 1980.

the entire soul, raison de etre of a sporting institution has been gutted here and ambitious coaching undermined at every turn by a vindictive ownership. I'm too young to remember lower days but it's the absolute worst on an existential level.

Guest The Little Waster

Ive been going since 1974 ... woop dee fuckin doo ...

I too have seen worse times than this and the only reason they ended ( SJH era ) was because things got so bad people stopped going and the club became ripe for takeover .

Of course you can do what you want ... im pointing out though , that its self defeating ... you could drive a car with your feet but i wouldnt recommend it .

Its not about being a militant hero , its about putting the interests of the fans and the club first over the long term ... not your short term need to watch the grass grow at St James Park...

Want me to walk you through it again ?

Guest Howaythetoon

I’m going to come across as a cunt here, but I don’t care. If, after everything you know, everything you have seen the last 10 years and how all around us are progressing, and you still buy a ST, shirts and buy food at the match you are basically saying you are happy to support the kind of club we are and do not have a right to complain about the quality of the product on offer. None whatsoever.

You can bitch and mona about a player not being good enough or trying hard enough, refereeing decisions, atmosphere and even results and performances, but by handing over your hard earned money to the Club you lose a right to condemn that club or rather its owner and how he runs things.

I won’t slag fans for going, but when they slag those that don’t go and then slag movements like AO fuck them. Fuck them when they start slagging Ashley too while turning up in their Wonga tops or sneeeking off early to grab a pint of piss and a plastic burger with their 500 quid ST tucked into their wallet.

It’s they that deserve Ashley and a shitty poxy nothing club.

I’ve akways said NUFC fans are their own worst enemy and filling that ground every week doesn’t prove anything other than what complete mugs they are, actions that allow the likes of MA to keep doing what he does.

NUFC fans have always lacked a spine, it’s not about a divided fan base, no fan base is 100% United, it’s not about loyalty either or supporting the team and not the regime it’s about being selfish and only caring about your own match day experience which these days has fuck all to do with what’s on the pitch, that’s just an excuse for a rant or to get more bladdered.

At no other big club would MA be tolerated, at certain clubs he would actually be in fear of his life. You can argue that at other clubs they have higher standards due to being successful and therefore are used to that while we are used to all kinds of shit, but howay, when is enough enough?

This is a one city club, it’s our club, not his or anyone else’s and we just bend over and take it up the arse and pay a fortune to be shafted. Sorry but that’s pathetic, it’s insane.

What does NUFC mean to you? Is it a social thing, a break from the wife and kids or a trip to the supermarket? Really, is your life that empty you are willing to be used and mocked and taken for a ride emotionally and financially just to fill a gap or weekend? If that’s your kick how dare you have a piss and moan about the football side of your weekend because you clearly don’t give enough of a fuck because if you did, you wouldn’t put up with it never mind fucking pay for it.

I find it laughable that some fans blame the likes of SJH for selling up to Ashley in the first place, if anyone is to blame for the current shambles of a club that NUFC is, I think there are tens of thousands just as culpable as MA himself.

Idiots!

Disclaimer - I discount old timers who still go and families with their kids from any scorn. The rest should know better and show more backbone. Have some fucking self respect man :lol:

Sorry for the rant, but our fan base pisses me off. The most embarrassed I’ve been as a fan was Hull at home a few years back under Pardew and the protests and the proudest, Spurs at home when 15-10k grew a fucking spine.

I was equally as embarrassed when we beat Spurs 5-1 on the final day of our relegation season when everyone was in a party mood. Fuck Rafa Benitez, is he our club? MA and that team should have been hounded off the pitch and away from our club. I love Rafa, but I hoped he would walk away because I just knew if he stuck around it’s akin to sticking fingers into ears and going la la la la la la.

No point having someone like him as the designated driver when there is no fucking engine in the car. As we are seeing now. Not at all predictable though eh...

Mike Ashley laughing all the way to the bank again :lol:

Keep those tills ringing and enjoy the season folks. I’d piss myself laughing if the King returned, maybe those muppets at home to Hull can get more than just a wave this time...

the entire soul, raison de etre of a sporting institution has been gutted here and ambitious coaching undermined at every turn by a vindictive ownership. I'm too young to remember lower days but it's the absolute worst on an existential level.

i was also too young for the mckeag and pre-SJH stuff but i find it hard to accept that they would have went as far out of their way to deliberately hamper on-field progress of the football club as ashley has

Guest ElCid

i was also too young for the mckeag and pre-SJH stuff but i find it hard to accept that they would have went as far out of their way to deliberately hamper on-field progress of the football club as ashley has

McKeag was a cunt but he was certainly no money man that’s for sure. Big difference was then fans made their feelings known and voted with their feet I.e. Wrexham not like the sheep nowadays