Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Attacking SD would have to be on a massive, quasi-whole stadium on a matchday thing with anti SD banners, as I doubt stewards would try and hoy out ≥35,000 fans. When it's a handful it won't have that much of an impact.

When we drew 3-3 at home to Man United under McClaren a large banner with an anti SD message was displayed for about 30 seconds before stewards threw the people displaying it out.

Guest chopey

Totally frustrated by this and I think we need to take Rafa's view and keep a low profile until the 10th of August, after that it really is time to take a stand, even if it means writing this season off so long as we get rid of this cancer for good.

Totally frustrated by this and I think we need to take Rafa's view and keep a low profile until the 10th of August, after that it really is time to take a stand, even if it means writing this season off so long as we get rid of this cancer for good.

We can put pressure on but can we put an end in sight? We must try, of course we have to and I will be, but without a buyer that'll call his bluff, how does he fuck off?

If they are using £10k to hit Sports Direct by holding protests outside the distribution centre so they can’t do deliveries then it’s a good idea. If it’s £10k to produce a few ‘cockney mafia out banners’ then they can forget it.

10k is the going rate to hire a Hit Man or so I'm told.

How much to hire Her?

If they are using £10k to hit Sports Direct by holding protests outside the distribution centre so they can’t do deliveries then it’s a good idea. If it’s £10k to produce a few ‘cockney mafia out banners’ then they can forget it.

10k is the going rate to hire a Hit Man or so I'm told.

Jimmy Iovine's going rate is much higher than that if you want a hit.

Guest ElCid

We can put pressure on but can we put an end in sight? We must try, of course we have to and I will be, but without a buyer that'll call his bluff, how does he fuck off?

Maybe he will put the price back to what it was and should be. If anything is to be done it has to be highly volatile and in big numbers. Will it happen like that no just be the usual few chants too many sheep go to the match now and the ones who have really had enough of the fat cunt don’t go now anyway. Love to be proved wrong mind

Guest firetotheworks

ugh least we'll know who the cunts in our support are when they're the only ones left in the stadium

Fair play to people that still want to go but let everyone else get on with what they want to do, I disagree with what they're doing but as long as they're not dicks about it fair enough.

Send your polite requests for him to sell up here:

19 Totteridge Common

London

N20 8LR

Still sure of the takeover Stiff? Not being a twat or owt, just genuinely interested.

Was a while ago since I last talked to Staveley. I think she's still interested, and have discussed with Caulkin in emails who's talked to her since I have. He says she remains interested, but Ashley has put the price up to £400m. For that, she'll be out, and so will pretty much anyone else who was interested, he's simply put on another £100m as soon as someone met his £300m price tag. The fear always was that he doesn't really want to sell, maybe now it's time the fans forced him to sell.

Send your polite requests for him to sell up here:

19 Totteridge Common

London

N20 8LR

Still sure of the takeover Stiff? Not being a t*** or owt, just genuinely interested.

Was a while ago since I last talked to Staveley. I think she's still interested, and have discussed with Caulkin in emails who's talked to her since I have. He says she remains interested, but Ashley has put the price up to £400m. For that, she'll be out, and so will pretty much anyone else who was interested, he's simply put on another £100m as soon as someone met his £300m price tag. The fear always was that he doesn't really want to sell, maybe now it's time the fans forced him to sell.

Cheers :thup:

Aye that's the worry, he's never wanted to sell whilst we are his cash cow.

If Rafa does leave then a boycott would make more sense but I think the time for that was 5 or 10 years ago, before TV revenue rendered matchday ticket revenue less important to owners. I'm not sure how much impact it would have now. I agree with others that somehow directly affecting Sports Direct would be the only way. He's using the club for free advertising and doesn't care about long-term damage to the club but if the relationship somehow became damaging to his main business interests, he might consider it more trouble than it's worth and lower his asking price. As it stands I don't believe he's actively trying to sell. We know the club is officially "for sale" if he gets a silly offer but most things are for sale in that sense. With each passing window of under-investment (or no investment), his asking price represents a bigger rip-off to potential buyers because of the growing investment required in the team. If he was really pushing for a sale, he'd price the club appropriately.

If Rafa does leave then a boycott would make more sense but I think the time for that was 5 or 10 years ago, before TV revenue rendered matchday ticket revenue less important to owners. I'm not sure how much impact it would have now. I agree with others that somehow directly affecting Sports Direct would be the only way. He's using the club for free advertising and doesn't care about long-term damage to the club but if the relationship somehow became damaging to his main business interests, he might consider it more trouble than it's worth and lower his asking price. As it stands I don't believe he's actively trying to sell. We know the club is officially "for sale" if he gets a silly offer but most things are for sale in that sense. With each passing window of under-investment (or no investment), his asking price represents a bigger rip-off to potential buyers because of the growing investment required in the team. If he was really pushing for a sale, he'd price the club appropriately.

Agree with this. NUFC could have an attendance of zero for the entire season and it would still wouldn't be a losing enterprise for Ashley, the way everything centers around broadcast rights these days.

Guest chopey

Negative press about Ashley does effect SD though the CEO came out this week to defend his pantomime villain image

ugh least we'll know who the cunts in our support are when they're the only ones left in the stadium

He's not the one being a cunt about it though, you are. He's put his thoughts up without having a go, in fact say good luck to the opposing opinions while you call him a cunt for it. No need. If you truly want this to work then don't attack those who have a difference of opinion, in the end it justifies theirs (for them anyway) even more and theyll not change.

For me, I stopped going years ago, not even Rafa can bring me back. I won't set foot in the stadium till Ashley has gone and I've waited years so I really do hope this campaign unsettles him and draws interest from outside so we could finally see a sale. I won't hold my breath but want to applause those behind it, so lay off the cunt jibes and be the bigger person, you never know that thry may be swayed if they are reasoned with.