Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

mk7zlivnkab11.png

Fee is wrong, but the years ffs :lol:

In 2005 the currency rate would have been £1=1.5 Euros, so that figure is about right. Bit of a daft way of calculating it though.

So we’re going to have to spend over £22.3m abroad to beat the club record. That cunt will always be record transfer.

10 years before everyone else there. Finances league growth and worth changes dramatically in 10 years. It's so pathetic and grim to think that since Ashley that has not been broken it just highlights absolute zero ambition

Like his other business buy low sell high....The cunt

the entire soul, raison de etre of a sporting institution has been gutted here and ambitious coaching undermined at every turn by a vindictive ownership. I'm too young to remember lower days but it's the absolute worst on an existential level.

i was also too young for the mckeag and pre-SJH stuff but i find it hard to accept that they would have went as far out of their way to deliberately hamper on-field progress of the football club as ashley has

Correct Mckeag tried to run the club as best as he could, just  couldnt afford it. we finished 8th in 88? and went out and spent big that summer- and went into the following season tipped as contenders for silverware- only to be dismally relegated.

the entire soul, raison de etre of a sporting institution has been gutted here and ambitious coaching undermined at every turn by a vindictive ownership. I'm too young to remember lower days but it's the absolute worst on an existential level.

i was also too young for the mckeag and pre-SJH stuff but i find it hard to accept that they would have went as far out of their way to deliberately hamper on-field progress of the football club as ashley has

Correct Mckeag tried to run the club as best as he could, just  couldnt afford it. we finished 8th in 88? and went out and spent big that summer- and went into the following season tipped as contenders for silverware- only to be dismally relegated.

The money we spent in summer '88, was that not just the Gascoigne money or did that go towards building the new stand?

yeah there's no comparison to how ashley has systematically drained away hope and put the club as a sporting institution on the back burner

i always got that impression with your crap 80's/90's owners, that they were a rubbish....unfortunate thing they have in common is they always want to hang on

The money we spent in summer '88, was that not just the Gascoigne money or did that go towards building the new stand?

not sure- tbh, also heard beardsley money went towards milburn stand- whatever way you read it, they did try and spend some money, it felt like mega spending in the day c£3m on the back of an 8th place finish.

not excusing the shitness of  Mckeag and the benefits of Hall, just adding to the point, I dont think he was  there to deliberately block ambition.

not sure- tbh, also heard beardsley money went towards milburn stand- whatever way you read it, they did try and spend some money, it felt like mega spending in the day c£3m on the back of an 8th place finish.

not excusing the shitness of  Mckeag and the benefits of Hall, just adding to the point, I dont think he was  there to deliberately block ambition.

I've watched the Newcastle Disunited documentary, there a handful of similarities. The Beardsley contract situation (the club made out that they tried to keep him and offered x amount of money but he turned it down, when they didn't offer a contract at all), lack of care about the condition of the stadium albeit to a far greater extent to now, selling best players to buy, not listening to fans, being stubborn in the face of criticism and/or external bidders and investors and very archaic.

I think they actually wanted the club to succeed but the cash wasn't there and the ways in which the club operated were outdated as hell.

I’m going to come across as a cunt here, but I don’t care. If, after everything you know, everything you have seen the last 10 years and how all around us are progressing, and you still buy a ST, shirts and buy food at the match you are basically saying you are happy to support the kind of club we are and do not have a right to complain about the quality of the product on offer. None whatsoever.

You can bitch and mona about a player not being good enough or trying hard enough, refereeing decisions, atmosphere and even results and performances, but by handing over your hard earned money to the Club you lose a right to condemn that club or rather its owner and how he runs things.

I won’t slag fans for going, but when they slag those that don’t go and then slag movements like AO fuck them. Fuck them when they start slagging Ashley too while turning up in their Wonga tops or sneeeking off early to grab a pint of piss and a plastic burger with their 500 quid ST tucked into their wallet.

It’s they that deserve Ashley and a shitty poxy nothing club.

I’ve akways said NUFC fans are their own worst enemy and filling that ground every week doesn’t prove anything other than what complete mugs they are, actions that allow the likes of MA to keep doing what he does.

NUFC fans have always lacked a spine, it’s not about a divided fan base, no fan base is 100% United, it’s not about loyalty either or supporting the team and not the regime it’s about being selfish and only caring about your own match day experience which these days has fuck all to do with what’s on the pitch, that’s just an excuse for a rant or to get more bladdered.

At no other big club would MA be tolerated, at certain clubs he would actually be in fear of his life. You can argue that at other clubs they have higher standards due to being successful and therefore are used to that while we are used to all kinds of shit, but howay, when is enough enough?

This is a one city club, it’s our club, not his or anyone else’s and we just bend over and take it up the arse and pay a fortune to be shafted. Sorry but that’s pathetic, it’s insane.

What does NUFC mean to you? Is it a social thing, a break from the wife and kids or a trip to the supermarket? Really, is your life that empty you are willing to be used and mocked and taken for a ride emotionally and financially just to fill a gap or weekend? If that’s your kick how dare you have a piss and moan about the football side of your weekend because you clearly don’t give enough of a fuck because if you did, you wouldn’t put up with it never mind fucking pay for it.

I find it laughable that some fans blame the likes of SJH for selling up to Ashley in the first place, if anyone is to blame for the current shambles of a club that NUFC is, I think there are tens of thousands just as culpable as MA himself.

Idiots!

Disclaimer - I discount old timers who still go and families with their kids from any scorn. The rest should know better and show more backbone. Have some fucking self respect man :lol:

Sorry for the rant, but our fan base pisses me off. The most embarrassed I’ve been as a fan was Hull at home a few years back under Pardew and the protests and the proudest, Spurs at home when 15-10k grew a fucking spine.

I was equally as embarrassed when we beat Spurs 5-1 on the final day of our relegation season when everyone was in a party mood. Fuck Rafa Benitez, is he our club? MA and that team should have been hounded off the pitch and away from our club. I love Rafa, but I hoped he would walk away because I just knew if he stuck around it’s akin to sticking fingers into ears and going la la la la la la.

No point having someone like him as the designated driver when there is no fucking engine in the car. As we are seeing now. Not at all predictable though eh...

Mike Ashley laughing all the way to the bank again :lol:

Keep those tills ringing and enjoy the season folks. I’d piss myself laughing if the King returned, maybe those muppets at home to Hull can get more than just a wave this time...

Spot on, HTT!👍

Hard for some people to hear but that pretty much sums it all up.

I’m going to come across as a cunt here, but I don’t care. If, after everything you know, everything you have seen the last 10 years and how all around us are progressing, and you still buy a ST, shirts and buy food at the match you are basically saying you are happy to support the kind of club we are and do not have a right to complain about the quality of the product on offer. None whatsoever.

You can bitch and mona about a player not being good enough or trying hard enough, refereeing decisions, atmosphere and even results and performances, but by handing over your hard earned money to the Club you lose a right to condemn that club or rather its owner and how he runs things.

I won’t slag fans for going, but when they slag those that don’t go and then slag movements like AO fuck them. Fuck them when they start slagging Ashley too while turning up in their Wonga tops or sneeeking off early to grab a pint of piss and a plastic burger with their 500 quid ST tucked into their wallet.

I’ve akways said NUFC fans are their own worst enemy and filling that ground every week doesn’t prove anything other than what complete mugs they are, actions that allow the likes of MA to keep doing what he does.

NUFC fans have always lacked a spine, it’s not about a divided fan base, no fan base is 100% United, it’s not about loyalty either or supporting the team and not the regime it’s about being selfish and only caring about your own match day experience which these days has fuck all to do with what’s on the pitch, that’s just an excuse for a rant or to get more bladdered.

At no other big club would MA be tolerated, at certain clubs he would actually be in fear of his life. You can argue that at other clubs they have higher standards due to being successful and therefore are used to that while we are used to all kinds of shit, but howay, when is enough enough?

This is a one city club, it’s our club, not his or anyone else’s and we just bend over and take it up the arse and pay a fortune to be shafted. Sorry but that’s pathetic, it’s insane.

What does NUFC mean to you? Is it a social thing, a break from the wife and kids or a trip to the supermarket? Really, is your life that empty you are willing to be used and mocked and taken for a ride emotionally and financially just to fill a gap or weekend? If that’s your kick how dare you have a piss and moan about the football side of your weekend because you clearly don’t give enough of a fuck because if you did, you wouldn’t put up with it never mind fucking pay for it.

I find it laughable that some fans blame the likes of SJH for selling up to Ashley in the first place, if anyone is to blame for the current shambles of a club that NUFC is, I think there are tens of thousands just as culpable as MA himself.

Idiots!

Disclaimer - I discount old timers who still go and families with their kids from any scorn. The rest should know better and show more backbone. Have some fucking self respect man :lol:

Sorry for the rant, but our fan base pisses me off. The most embarrassed I’ve been as a fan was Hull at home a few years back under Pardew and the protests and the proudest, Spurs at home when 15-10k grew a fucking spine.

I was equally as embarrassed when we beat Spurs 5-1 on the final day of our relegation season when everyone was in a party mood. Fuck Rafa Benitez, is he our club? MA and that team should have been hounded off the pitch and away from our club. I love Rafa, but I hoped he would walk away because I just knew if he stuck around it’s akin to sticking fingers into ears and going la la la la la la.

No point having someone like him as the designated driver when there is no fucking engine in the car. As we are seeing now. Not at all predictable though eh...

Keep those tills ringing and enjoy the season folks. I’d piss myself laughing if the King returned, maybe those muppets at home to Hull can get more than just a wave this time...

Spot on, HTT!👍

Hard for some people to hear but that pretty much sums it all up.

Hard for me because it didn't come with a contents page.

Guest Howaythetoon

You can’t compare then to now. This is the worst era in our history especially right now because never have the facilities been better even though they need improved, we have never had so much access to money and in Rafa we arguably have the best all-round manager this club has ever had.

I wasn’t around during the McKeag and co era and it was obviously bad, but you have to take into account that era as a whole acrosss the football landscape. An era where stadiums, not just ours, were not fit for purpose, where hooliganism dominated match days and where clubs were banned from Europe. It was a dark and depressing time socially, economically and regionally during a Thatcher Tory government.

We had the success of 69, but the last time we were a relevant club in terms of challenging was the 50s and even the we were a cup team. You have to go back to the 20s when we were the dominant force or part of an elite group of clubs. After that we weren’t much different to a Sheffield Wednesday or a Derby who of course had success with Clough. But the landscape was more equal and there was always with a good manager and astute investment the opportunity to be successful. As ever with us we missed the train, mostly not inteliona;lymi might add, just through sheer incompetency and an unwillingness to push the boat out.

Like now ironically, our gates and the passion of fans (which was real back then unlike today) were the only things that made us stand out against other similar clubs alongside us of that era who had run down grounds, sold star players, went up and down or were mid-table. If I’m not mistaken the phrase sleeping giant was first used in reference to Newcastle United. Today we are in a coma never mind asleep. The Pl should pull the plug and allow clubs like Huddersfield and Brighton to take our place who see the PL as their halcyon days.

The McKeags had no money and were not business men nor football men, they were a dying bread trying to cling onto the family silver. Were they bad custodians? I don’t think they were or certainly not intentionally so, they were just the wrong custodians or people coming to the end of their time. Ashley is bad, he is the worst type of owner, one of the worst to have taken over any club in the history of our game never mind the history of our club.

The antithesis of what the PL want a club owner to be.

People say the likes of the Glazers and Abramovic or Sky are bad for the game, no, it’s the likes of Ashley that are. I wouldn’t wish him on the mackems I really wouldn’t.

I’d far rather support the NUFC of that era than the NUFC of today no matter how bad things were. Nothing is as bad as this. Again, I would support this club in any division, at any level, if it was ran with the premise of being the best or trying to be the best it can be. We have a great manager and a decent set of players, which would be more than enough if that was the height of our ceiling, but as KK and SJH proved, there is no limit to what this club can achieve or aim for and as things stand the height of our ceiling is just staying up and that’s it. Sorry, but I cannot and will not support this club under that set of conditions.

Maybe I’m a spoilt bastard, but I can only hold NUFC up against the NUFC that I was brought up on and that’s KK’s NUFC. I accept the football variables of cycles of success and that there can only be one winner or that each manager sees things differently and therefore accept we may not always win, play good football or finish x place in the table.

But KK’s idea of NUFC was based on his belief in it being a club that can be up there with any and that we shouldn’t be happy to be anythimg less. You can try and fail that’s fine, but to fail without trying, well that’s criminal at any club or in the context of sport which is about competing and winning or losing.

What makes  Ashley’s NUFC all the more depressing is that whenever there is progress being made or signs of progress the owner and his lackies go and sabotage that so any progress will never ever go further or fully materialise. They did it to Hughton and now Rafa who they are deliberately undermining in the hope he quits because they can’t have someone who looks at just staying up as not acceptable or have fans’ expectations rising.

We are a nothing club and like the mackems, are stinking out the league with our zero ambition, happy to not be relegated and raking in the share of TV money. Just an empty vessel plastered with SD adverts with a bang average team that without Rafa would fall apart and take the club down and that’s where we will end back up at when he does leave which he will. Again, we may as well move over and be replaced by clubs like Huddersfield and Brighton and now Cardiff, clubs that don’t value the PL as a gravy train existing only to expose some sports tat emporium to a worldwide audience.

But hey, 50k mugs will still turn up and subsidise MA’s ownership of NUFC because that’s all you are doing when you buy an ST, and filling the ground keeps the PL and Sky happy just enough because empty stadiums wouldn’t look good on TV.

Idiots!

Agree with most of this apart from the rafa bit. You're dead wrong there. See, Ashley has done a grand job of dumbing down expectations, stamping out hope and ambition and ensuring the fan base "knows our place" (ie a bottom half/yoyo club.) Eleven years of this shite has ground people down- the younguns know nothing different.

You are probably right that it's all in vein and rafa will likely leave in high dudgeon at some point in the next 12 months. But over the last three years he's given some self respect back to the club, he's reminded us we don't have to - and shouldn't- accept mediocrity and hopefully he's stirred something in the younger generation of fans as to the potential of this football club

Say rafa had gone in the summer of 2016 and the usual yes man appointed none of that would have happened. We might have come back up we might not, but we would have continued to operate the same (club and fanbase) regardless. If nothing else Rafa having been here the last three years should make life a lot more uncomfortable for ashley when he leaves than if he hadn't been here.

I hope the above makes sense and I don't come across as too much of a bellend.

Idiots!

Agree with most of this apart from the rafa bit. You're dead wrong there. See, Ashley has done a grand job of dumbing down expectations, stamping out hope and ambition and ensuring the fan base "knows our place" (ie a bottom half/yoyo club.) Eleven years of this shite has ground people down- the younguns know nothing different.

You are probably right that it's all in vein and rafa will likely leave in high dudgeon at some point in the next 12 months. But over the last three years he's given some self respect back to the club, he's reminded us we don't have to - and shouldn't- accept mediocrity and hopefully he's stirred something in the younger generation of fans as to the potential of this football club

Say rafa had gone in the summer of 2016 and the usual yes man appointed none of that would have happened. We might have come back up we might not, but we would have continued to operate the same (club and fanbase) regardless. If nothing else Rafa having been here the last three years should make life a lot more uncomfortable for ashley when he leaves than if he hadn't been here.

:clap:

You can’t compare then to now. This is the worst era in our history especially right now because never have the facilities been better even though they need improved, we have never had so much access to money and in Rafa we arguably have the best all-round manager this club has ever had.

I wasn’t around during the McKeag and co era and it was obviously bad, but you have to take into account that era as a whole acrosss the football landscape. An era where stadiums, not just ours, were not fit for purpose, where hooliganism dominated match days and where clubs were banned from Europe. It was a dark and depressing time socially, economically and regionally during a Thatcher Tory government.

We had the success of 69, but the last time we were a relevant club in terms of challenging was the 50s and even the. We were a cup team. You have to go back to the 20s when we were the dominant force or part of an elite group of clubs.

Like now ironically, our gates and the passion of fans (which was real back then unlike today) were the only things that made us stand out against other similar clubs alongside us of that era who had run down grounds, sold star players, went up and down or were mid-table.

The McKeags had no money and were not business men nor football men, they were a dying bread trying to cling onto the family silver. Were they bad custodians? I don’t think they were or certainly not internally so, they were just the wrong custodians. Ashley is bad, he is the worst type of owner.

People say the likes of the Glazers and Abramovic or Sky are bad for the game, no, it’s the likes of Ashley that are. I wouldn’t wish him on the mackems I really wouldn’t.

I’d far rather support the NUFC of that era than the NUFC of today no matter how bad things were. Nothing is as bad as this. Again, I would support this club in any division, at any level, if it was ran with the premise of being the best or trying to be the best it can be. We have a great manager and a decent set of players, which would be more than enough if that was the height of our ceiling, but as KK and SJH proved, there is no limit to what this club can achieve or aim for and as things stand the height of our ceiling is just staying up and that’s it.

And what makes it all the more depressing is that whenever there is progress being made or signs of progress the owner and his lackies go and sabotage that so any progress will never ever go further or fully materialise. They did it to Hughton and now Rafa who they are deliberately undermining in the hope he quits because they can’t have someone who looks at just staying up as not acceptable.

We are a nothing club and like the mackems, are stinking out the league with our zero ambition, happy to not be relegated and raking in the share of TV money. Just an empty vessel plastered with SD adverts with a bang average team that without Rafa would fall apart and take the club down and that’s where we will end back up at when he does leave which he will.

But hey, 50k mugs will still turn up.

Stop referring to our fans as mugs, and making judgement on people's lives, as you're coming across as a right patronising cunt.

You clearly jumped on board during the Keegan glory years, and hopped off when we weren't as good. For some, being a football supporter is following your team through thick and thin.....it's very hard to walk away. I managed it for 18 months but started going again as I missed it, and more importantly, my son wanted to go......I wasn't going to deny him that chance, or see him grow up supporting a Man City/Chelsea or whatever.

The McKeag era was shit, especially watching three of the best English players of a generation move on due to lack of ambition. Boycotts were attempted back then with little success (I watched a rerun of Hillsbrough 74 in the New Cannon in Low Fell when we played Leeds for example), what worked was people going to the ground, and protesting in and out of it every week. I agree people need to stop buying stuff at SJP and certainly avoid SD at all costs, but protests inside and outside the ground are the way forward imho, along with campaigns on social media.....maybe get the Russians on board?

Guest Howaythetoon

Idiots!

Me saying fuck Rafa Benitez isn’t me downplaying his importance to the club because without him at this very moment in time, well, it doesn’t bare thinking about and I agree with everything you say looking at things objectively purely from a football perspective. I love the man, but getting back to my point, on that final day of the season having been relegated the players and Ashley got away with murder really and while I understand and get why fans made it all about Rafa, he is not and never will be Mr NUFC. But that day the club and football become a sideshow to the Rafa show.

All hell should have broken loose, Rafa didn’t stay because fans sang his name btw, it might of solidified his decision to stay, but he was staying regardless providing the owner give him control and backed him which he did, he’s a cunt and a thick cunt when it comes to football, but even he cant look a gift horse in the mouth. That was only to help us go back up and protect MA’s investment though, that was his ulterior motive. Once we went up, Rafa hasn’t had full control, been backed and is now being undermined and his ideas and plans sabatoged.

We go down for the second time under Ashley and the atmosphere was nothing short of a carnival, sorry Rafa is a great manager, but as desperate as we were, to ignore the shambles that was our club and give the owner a free pass all for Rafa cannot be justified nor could even be reasoned given he had only been in charge for 8 games or so, had no affiliation to the club and although some things improved, it was no different to what happened under Shearer really.

I honestly found it bizarre and embarrassing, but in no way surprising. That day I thought Rafa or no Rafa, it’s still going to turn out bad, only this time under a cloud of delusion because Rafa will still be our manager and things will get better, I swear, Ashley will change. Bull shit. I won’t lie, I wanted to believe too and thought well let’s see...

The mackems rightly laughed at us that day. We mock then for being happy to beat us even if it meant they didn’t win another game, we are the same. Who cares about relegation, we have Rafa yay.

No standards, no self respect and no spine. Again, I say fuck Rafa that day, Ashley? Enough is enough! This is for you...

But Rafa Rafael Rafael Benitez...

Mike Ashley that day must have felt like OJ Simpson when the jurors returned a verdict of not guilty.

Now he is invincible. First KK, then Shearer, then renaming the stadium, then Hughton and now Rafa. Oh and 2 relegations of course, but hey didn’t we have fun in the Championship. When Rafa goes will fans go too? Will they fuck. Again I hope Pardew returns, they deserve each other!

As long as fans keep giving Ashley and his lackies a get out of jail free card, they will continue to commit crimes against NUFC.

It’s not him that needs locked up though, it’s the mugs that give him their hard earned and subsidise his criminal activities... :lol:

We had the success of 69, but the last time we were a relevant club in terms of challenging was the 50s and even the. We were a cup team. You have to go back to the 20s when we were the dominant force or part of an elite group of clubs.

Like now ironically, our gates and the passion of fans (which was real back then unlike today) were the only things that made us stand out against other similar clubs alongside us of that era who had run down grounds, sold star players, went up and down or were mid-table.

The McKeags had no money and were not business men nor football men, they were a dying bread trying to cling onto the family silver. Were they bad custodians? I don’t think they were or certainly not internally so, they were just the wrong custodians. Ashley is bad, he is the worst type of owner.

I’d far rather support the NUFC of that era than the NUFC of today no matter how bad things were. Nothing is as bad as this. Again, I would support this club in any division, at any level, if it was ran with the premise of being the best or trying to be the best it can be. We have a great manager and a decent set of players, which would be more than enough if that was the height of our ceiling, but as KK and SJH proved, there is no limit to what this club can achieve or aim for and as things stand the height of our ceiling is just staying up and that’s it.

And what makes it all the more depressing is that whenever there is progress being made or signs of progress the owner and his lackies go and sabotage that so any progress will never ever go further or fully materialise. They did it to Hughton and now Rafa who they are deliberately undermining in the hope he quits because they can’t have someone who looks at just staying up as not acceptable.

We are a nothing club and like the mackems, are stinking out the league with our zero ambition, happy to not be relegated and raking in the share of TV money. Just an empty vessel plastered with SD adverts with a bang average team that without Rafa would fall apart and take the club down and that’s where we will end back up at when he does leave which he will.

Stop referring to our fans as mugs, and making judgement on people's lives, as you're coming across as a right patronising cunt.

You clearly jumped on board during the Keegan glory years, and hopped off when we weren't as good. For some, being a football supporter is following your team through thick and thin.....it's very hard to walk away. I managed it for 18 months but started going again as I missed it, and more importantly, my son wanted to go......I wasn't going to deny him that chance, or see him grow up supporting a Man City/Chelsea or whatever.

You've done the same there no? either way what you do is totally up to you but you're making it seem like if you don't go to home game its not following your team through thick and thin? that's not how it is, end of the day the stadium is in the city centre, easily accessible its not difficult to go to games, its harder to not go really. People can still be die hard supporters and not go to games, I don't like that people equate the two things. I went to my first game when I was 5, even went on away trips with my older brother when I was very young, but i couldn't go to home games because I lived away. I've literally wanted a season ticket my entire life but I just can't under ashley, that doesn't make me any less of a fan.

It's your choice whether you go or not of course, I'm certainly not going to slag anyone off who has decided to stay away. It just annoys me see our die hard fans referred to as 'mugs' and worse by people who don't go anymore.

Guest ElCid

Just the appropriate amount my urethral chum

It’s got fuck all to do with supporting the club through thick and thin. I’ve been going from the early 70’s, season ticket holder well over 40 years and went to the majority of away games but that fat cunt put an end to it by wilfully attempting to strangle the very life out of that club whilst ensuring that he purposely attempts to piss off and take the piss of it’s own supporters and of any manager who shows an ounce of attempt in trying to progress the club. If you want to go and get the piss taken out of you by going that’s your choice but to say it’s supporting the club through thick and thin by going then that is total and utter bullshit

You've done the same there no? either way what you do is totally up to you but you're making it seem like if you don't go to home game its not following your team through thick and thin? that's not how it is, end of the day the stadium is in the city centre, easily accessible its not difficult to go to games, its harder to not go really. People can still be die hard supporters and not go to games, I don't like that people equate the two things. I went to my first game when I was 5, even went on away trips with my older brother when I was very young, but i couldn't go to home games because I lived away. I've literally wanted a season ticket my entire life but I just can't under ashley, that doesn't make me any less of a fan.

He's not really suggesting that tbf, that not going to games doesn't make you a huge NUFC fan. HTT is talking a load of wank and enormously generalising imo but that's his opinion and he's entitled to it. UB is just saying it's hard for those going to games to just stop on a whim, not that HTT can't have opinions for whatever reason.

That's what I got from it anyway.

Idiots!

Me saying fuck Rafa Benitez isn’t me downplaying his importance to the club because without him at this very moment in time, well, it doesn’t bare thinking about and I agree with everything you say looking at things objectively purely from a football perspective. I love the man, but getting back to my point, on that final day of the season having been relegated the players and Ashley got away with murder really and while I understand and get why fans made it all about Rafa, he is not and never will be Mr NUFC. But that day the club and football become a sideshow to the Rafa show.

All hell should have broken loose, Rafa didn’t stay because fans sang his name btw, it might of solidified his decision to stay, but he was staying regardless providing the owner give him control and backed him which he did, he’s a cunt and a thick cunt when it comes to football, but even he cant look a gift horse in the mouth. That was only to help us go back up and protect MA’s investment though, that was his ulterior motive. Once we went up, Rafa hasn’t had full control, been backed and is now being undermined and his ideas and plans sabatoged.

We go down for the second time under Ashley and the atmosphere was nothing short of a carnival, sorry Rafa is a great manager, but as desperate as we were, to ignore the shambles that was our club and give the owner a free pass all for Rafa cannot be justified nor could even be reasoned given he had only been in charge for 8 games or so, had no affiliation to the club and although some things improved, it was no different to what happened under Shearer really.

I honestly found it bizarre and embarrassing, but in no way surprising. That day I thought Rafa or no Rafa, it’s still going to turn out bad, only this time under a cloud of delusion because Rafa will still be our manager and things will get better, I swear, Ashley will change. Bull shit. I won’t lie, I wanted to believe too and thought well let’s see...

The mackems rightly laughed at us that day. We mock then for being happy to beat us even if it meant they didn’t win another game, we are the same. Who cares about relegation, we have Rafa yay.

No standards, no self respect and no spine. Again, I say fuck Rafa that day, Ashley? Enough is enough! This is for you...

But Rafa Rafael Rafael Benitez...

Mike Ashley that day must have felt like OJ Simpson when the jurors returned a verdict of not guilty.

Now he is invincible. First KK, then Shearer, then renaming the stadium, then Hughton and now Rafa. Oh and 2 relegations of course, but hey didn’t we have fun in the Championship. When Rafa goes will fans go too? Will they fuck. Again I hope Pardew returns, they deserve each other!

As long as fans keep giving Ashley and his lackies a get out of jail free card, they will continue to commit crimes against NUFC.

It’s not him that needs locked up though, it’s the mugs that give him their hard earned and subsidise his criminal activities... :lol:

Ashley will stay until we are were SAFC are. Until the golden goose is shorn of its £££ he's going nowhere. A few relegations and promotions means fuck all.

EDIT - McKeags, Hall/Shepherd, Ashley have all used NUFC as their own personal cash-cow.

He's not really suggesting that tbf, that not going to games doesn't make you a huge NUFC fan. HTT is talking a load of wank and enormously generalising imo but that's his opinion and he's entitled to it. UB is just saying it's hard for those going to games to just stop on a whim, not that HTT can't have opinions for whatever reason.

That's fair, i just mean the "supporting through thick and thin" just seems like saying if you don't go to games you aren't doing that. Which I disagree with. It's much much worse having to watch the game on a shitty stream or via periscope tbh.

TBF, the whole 'the better fan' conundrum is tiresome and is what is holding the fanbase back.

"I go to games and have been since year x and so my opinions have more value than yours."

"I stopped going/don't go to games because of Ashley and so my opinions have more value than yours."

People are on one side or the other and it's fucking boring. Hence the peculiar lack of unity in a fanbase of a club that has United in the name. It's all one side talking the other down, yearning for some sort of Röhm Putsch against the other. Makes the sides close their ears to the noise even more.

We all need to get behind 1 ideal and stick with it. Many are going with Rafa Goes I Go thing including myself. But those that don't aren't cunts or less of a fan of NUFC than anyone else.

If they could get the quality right, Periscope is a brilliant way to watch it. It does a great job of replicating the matchday experience. No shitty commentators, all the comments from surrounding supporters. I know that's a bit of a contradiction, but I mean the banter.

Just the appropriate amount my urethral chum

Stop referring to our fans as mugs, and making judgement on people's lives, as you're coming across as a right patronising c***.

It’s got f*** all to do with supporting the club through thick and thin. I’ve been going from the early 70’s, season ticket holder well over 40 years and went to the majority of away games but that fat c*** put an end to it by wilfully attempting to strangle the very life out of that club whilst ensuring that he purposely attempts to p*ss off and take the p*ss of it’s own supporters and of any manager who shows an ounce of attempt in trying to progress the club. If you want to go and get the p*ss taken out of you by going that’s your choice but to say it’s supporting the club through thick and thin by going then that is total and utter bullshit

I quite clearly said some people see it as their duty to support the club through thick and thin.

Guest ElCid

It is hard I agree and I should know as I refuse to go but I won’t let that fat cunt take the piss out of me one more day and won’t be back until he has gone which I have no doubt will be years. You say he didn’t mean it like that then why mention thick and thin and Keegan glory boy then. This forum totally illustrates the divide between the support in general about what the support should be doing to put intense pressure on the utter cretin of a owner. West Ham fans although maybe a tad too much showed the type of action which should be taken. Won’t happen here though.

Guest ElCid

That's fair, i just mean the "supporting through thick and thin" just seems like saying if you don't go to games you aren't doing that. Which I disagree with. It's much much worse having to watch the game on a shitty stream or via periscope tbh.

TBF, the whole 'the better fan' conundrum is tiresome and is what is holding the fanbase back.

"I go to games and have been since year x and so my opinions have more value than yours."

"I stopped going/don't go to games because of Ashley and so my opinions have more value than yours."

People are on one side or the other and it's fucking boring. Hence the peculiar lack of unity in a fanbase of a club that has United in the name. It's all one side talking the other down, yearning for some sort of Röhm Putsch against the other. Makes the sides close their ears to the noise even more.

We all need to get behind 1 ideal and stick with it. Many are going with Rafa Goes I Go thing including myself. But those that don't aren't cunts or less of a fan of NUFC than anyone else.

Agree