Newcastle United 0 - 0 Brighton - 30/12/17 - Post-wank discussion from pg 17

Dave

I do agree, but this is reality, grown men and women boo and show major hysteria at times. Someone in here just a few hours ago even suggested a change in manager might help FFS... that’s the human condition when it comes to emotion. Shows people care I guess!

Someone being yourself?

Guest firetotheworks

Our fans (and it might be other fans as well, I dunno) boo by default. When James Milner came back to play up here and was coming on as a sub he was booed. James fucking Milner, the player who didn't want to leave, was messed about by the club on numerous occasions, and always gave his all - still booed. I'll always remember that, it was totally not on. I can live with booing when it's justified and aimed in the right areas, for example not putting the effort in whilst being on insane wages, and not being fit to wear the shirt. I can't agree with booing players who are grafting but just aren't good enough.

Guest firetotheworks

I do agree, but this is reality, grown men and women boo and show major hysteria at times. Someone in here just a few hours ago even suggested a change in manager might help FFS... that’s the human condition when it comes to emotion. Shows people care I guess!

:lol: I hope this is a joke.

Our fans (and it might be other fans as well, I dunno) boo by default. When James Milner came back to play up here and was coming on as a sub he was booed. James f***ing Milner, the player who didn't want to leave, was messed about by the club on numerous occasions, and always gave his all - still booed. I'll always remember that, it was totally not on. I can live with booing when it's justified and aimed in the right areas, for example not putting the effort in whilst being on insane wages, and not being fit to wear the shirt. I can't agree with booing players who are grafting but just aren't good enough.

Completely agree

Usually I can pick 1 player out of 11 that would score a 6 out of 10. I can`t think of one that would score a 2 today.

Lascelles. That is about it, for me. And it would probably be a 6, maybe a 7 if I was more generous (i.e. hadn't just watched that 90 minute advertisement for the Bundesliga)

Guest Howaythetoon

:lol: I hope this is a joke.

Of course :lol: I did for a moment, however, contemplate what a change in manager could do for the team in the new manager bounce hypothetical scenario and then I quickly came to my senses.

Guest Howaythetoon

Well it's a right carry on actually thinking before posting but somehow some of us manage it.

I don’t know what’s wrong with me but these days I’m such an angry and impatient man. Definitely have issues and NUFC and match day threads on here are not a good mix.

Guest firetotheworks

[emoji38] I hope this is a joke.

Of course [emoji38] I did for a moment, however, contemplate what a change in manager could do for the team in the new manager bounce hypothetical scenario and then I quickly came to my senses.

[emoji38] Fair play for realising that the emotion had influenced it.

Guest Howaythetoon

[emoji38] I hope this is a joke.

Of course [emoji38] I did for a moment, however, contemplate what a change in manager could do for the team in the new manager bounce hypothetical scenario and then I quickly came to my senses.

[emoji38] Fair play for realising that the emotion had influenced it.

Hey I know when I’m talking absolute bollocks, in this case it was absolute nonsense. For some reason though today really pissed me off more than I should care because really, a few years back I was willing us to get relegated. I do feel for Rafa though despite my genuine heart felt criticism of some of our play, tactics etc. He’s far too good for us and the thought that someone lesser than him being able to keep us up has crossed my mind, but long-term if we get taken over there is no better man.

Guest Howaythetoon

RE Brighton, solid enough at the back, kept the ball well, disciplined and seem far more self assured than we do. I back them to stay up. They won’t score many, but they won’t lose many either. Hughton is doing a great job there and I do hope they stay up, hopefully along with ourselves. Helps I work there a lot and the locals are always canny and adore Hughton and rightly so. Thought Dunk was very good for them. Disappointed in Knockheart mind.

RE Brighton, solid enough at the back, kept the ball well, disciplined and seem far more self assured than we do. I back them to stay up. They won’t score many, but they won’t lose many either. Hughton is doing a great job there and I do hope they stay up, hopefully along with ourselves. Helps I work there a lot and the locals are always canny and adore Hughton and rightly so. Thought Dunk was very good for them. Disappointed in Knockheart mind.

If we had won today we would both be on 21 points though.... :lol:

Guest Howaythetoon

I hadn’t realised that, bloody hell. They just seem more together than us, more composed, assured and comfortable at this level. This piss poor run of form has really fucked us over, even a win and a draw in amongst those run of defeats would see us good at this stage. A win today would have been massive and a missed opportunity I feel.

I hadn’t realised that, bloody hell. They just seem more together than us, more composed, assured and comfortable at this level. This p*ss poor run of form has really f***ed us over, even a win and a draw in amongst those run of defeats would see us good at this stage. A win today would have been massive and a missed opportunity I feel.

100% :thup:

Whats frightening is Swanswa won today for the first time since August and are only 3 points behind us.

Guest Howaythetoon

I hadn’t realised that, bloody hell. They just seem more together than us, more composed, assured and comfortable at this level. This p*ss poor run of form has really f***ed us over, even a win and a draw in amongst those run of defeats would see us good at this stage. A win today would have been massive and a missed opportunity I feel.

Whats frightening is Swanswa won today for the first time since August and are only 3 points behind us.

Palace’s form is even more frightening. In a good way it shows that a win or two can get you back up the table, but it will be close down there to the very wire. January really could make or break us. I expect Swansea to go down and then it’s between us, WBA and West Ham. Palace have too much and Hodgson is a decent coach, the best of the Brit pack if you like. However, I do expect those clubs to splash some cash in January, will we?

I didn't think Brighton were good really, I was watching the game thinking this stinks of two relegation teams.

We made them look better than they are because the only times we actually put a couple of passes together they were there for the taking.

FWIW, Matthew Ryan had a good game.

Palace’s form is even more frightening. In a good way it shows that a win or two can get you back up the table, but it will be close down there to the very wire. January really could make or break us. I expect Swansea to go down and then it’s between us, WBA and West Ham. Palace have too much and Hodgson is a decent coach, the best of the Brit pack if you like. However, I do expect those clubs to splash some cash in January, will we?

We have to, HTT. You're quite confident of the takeover happening, if so, cash surely has to be in place to be reimbursed once it's finalised?

Guest Howaythetoon

We have to, HTT. You're quite confident of the takeover happening, if so, cash surely has to be in place to be reimbursed once it's finalised?

I don’t think we will be splashing out, takeover or not. I hope I’m wrong, but I cannot see us making major signings at all. A few loans, maybe 10-15m max to spend.

I don’t think we will be splashing out, takeover or not. I hope I’m wrong, but I cannot see us making major signings at all. A few loans, maybe 10-15m max to spend.

Sale of Mitrovic should double that budget. I don't think it's enough, like. :undecided:

Guest Howaythetoon

I think we’ll be seeing Mitrovic go out on loan if I’m honest. And if we do actually sell him, it will be in the region of 6-8m. Frees up wages and all that jazz I suppose...

Our fans (and it might be other fans as well, I dunno) boo by default. When James Milner came back to play up here and was coming on as a sub he was booed. James f***ing Milner, the player who didn't want to leave, was messed about by the club on numerous occasions, and always gave his all - still booed. I'll always remember that, it was totally not on. I can live with booing when it's justified and aimed in the right areas, for example not putting the effort in whilst being on insane wages, and not being fit to wear the shirt. I can't agree with booing players who are grafting but just aren't good enough.

Brexit means Brexit

I'm 51 and have followed this site for a few years even though I don't post that often, I would consider myself what some people may call 'old school'. Never boo the team, never leave early, patient, continue to go even when we are terrible etc etc. I appreciate times change and values associated with with being a fan are 'flexible' but I have never understood or ever will, grown men or women booing. If you do, then I'm sorry like but you are a c**t. Simple as. I have listened to the arguments and tried to get my head round it but for me booing belongs to 5 year olds with foam fingers at the wrestling or pantomime. That's it. Anyone who thinks this belongs in football is a grade A card carrying c**t of the highest order.