The other games today 2018/19

Greg

Guest firetotheworks

Does my fucking head in when he 'uses all his experience' to cheat in the same way that would be rightly described as disgraceful if he wasn't a PFM.

The Dyche hype in the past few seasons does seem to have been based purely on results, which is fair enough I guess. However, the football is pretty awful, and there isn't a single player in the team you would be remotely interested in signing.

It's just pretty much a lot of cloggers that compete. He really should have brought in a better quality of player into the team by now, as they've been in the prem a few years. It's very much along the line of the Allardyce model, but perhaps with even less interesting players than Sam on the whole.

Don't think he'd cut it at a better club at all. In contrast Howe is far more progressive and brings some really interesting and talented players through.

Guest firetotheworks

FWIW, there was a spell either last season or the one before (shite memory) where they genuinely played some very nice stuff.

FWIW, there was a spell either last season or the one before (shite memory) where they genuinely played some very nice stuff.

Yeah, I do recall periods where they have, certainly.

But it seems right after a few bad results he does then look to resort to two big guys upfront and a direct approach.

There's no real belief in any kind of progressive play, which is needed at better clubs I think.

Shades of Ben Arfa.

Very very nice. Fantastic prospect for England going forward.

Frightening that this level of talent would have just been stuck featuring for Man City's reserve team.

City have got an insane squad.  Their 2nd XI could blow away almost every other PL team bar maybe Liverpool and Chelsea.