The other games today 2018/19

Greg

I still think he's underrated a bit tbh. Should get tons more credit, he's absolutely mint.

I think i mentioned this before, the vid of his goals for us is incredible. His one problem is that he's a bit hit and miss/hot and cold. He'll have games where his decision-making is all over the place, then games where he looks like a world-beater.

I still think he's underrated a bit tbh. Should get tons more credit, he's absolutely mint.

I think i mentioned this before, the vid of his goals for us is incredible. His one problem is that he's a bit hit and miss/hot and cold. He'll have games where his decision-making is all over the place, then games where he looks like a world-beater.

In the diaomond setup as an out and out striker I think the decision making is less of an issue. When out wide I think it shows up more.

Lovely player in any case, and such a happy upbeat dude. Great personality.

Guest firetotheworks

I've said it before and I'll say it again, calling them Scouse mackems gives the mackems far, far, far too much credit.

Guest Howaythetoon

Spurs are such a good team with some good players. Man Utd must go all out for Poch, although I think he will give it another year at least with Spurs for the new stadium and obviously hope he doesn’t go there. If he did, it wouldn’t be an instant transformation though, he would need a few years to replicate what he has done at Spurs.

Everton are a strange club, I don’t know how Silva will do there, but they have to give him a few years at least as well even if they finished 13th or something this year, chopping and changing managers and their scatter gun erratic transfer business over the years hasn’t taken them anywhere really.

They do have some good players though, but Spurs showed having good players has to be balanced with the right system and some continuity in style that can only come from the manager having the time to marry everything together.

If any set of fans have some kind of unrealistic perception of their club’s status/standing its Everton fans. Everton are no different to say West Ham or Southampton as to where they are right now as a club which is way behind Spurs and massively so.

In fact I’d argue they are only marginally ahead of a club like ours who if we had the same level of spend they have had we would be closer to Spurs you feel than they are, especially under Rafa. I do feel even moderate investment would bring us level with Everton or much closer which despite our 1-1 draw with them, we are way behind thanks to Ashley.

Had they stuck with Koeman and not been as desperate as they have been in the transfer market in terms of some of the players they signed and how much for, they would be closer to Spurs today.

For Spurs looking ahead,despite the work Poch has done, I feel if they lost him, they could bring in someone else who could continue to maintain their standing and status in the same vein as he has these last few years much more easily and cheaper than keeping him and going to another level which I’m not sure they can given the competition and how high the standard is right now. A standard Arsenall, Man Utd and Chelsea will push and push themselves to reach or keep pace with.

I honestly think winning the CL would be less harder for them to achieve than winning the PL and they are my dark horses this year which if I wasn’t biased, would welcome as reward for how they have progressed over the years and what Poch has done.

Losing him though wouldn’t be the huge blow you’d think it would as they are so well run, have a strong squad and can compete financially for the better players. They are now in a position where they can go out and attract a top manager. I could actually see Mourinho there and winning some trophies for them with regular top 4 CL football.

To think though, a decade or so past they couldn’t even compete with us for your Parker’s and Duffs nor our capacity. You have to admire what they’ve done and for me they are the best run club in our country and the best coached team as well. A joy to watch on their day with very likeable players.

Spurs are such a good team with some good players. Man Utd must go all out for Poch, although I think he will give it another year at least with Spurs for the new stadium and obviously hope he doesn’t go there. If he did, it wouldn’t be an instant transformation though, he would need a few years to replicate what he has done at Spurs.

Everton are a strange club, I don’t know how Silva will do there, but they have to give him a few years at least as well even if they finished 13th or something this year, chopping and changing managers and their scatter gun erratic transfer business over the years hasn’t taken them anywhere really.

They do have some good players though, but Spurs showed having good players has to be balanced with the right system and some continuity in style that can only come from the manager having the time to marry everything together.

If any set of fans have some kind of unrealistic perception of their club’s status/standing its Everton fans. Everton are no different to say West Ham or Southampton as to where they are right now as a club which is way behind Spurs and massively so.

In fact I’d argue they are only marginally ahead of a club like ours who if we had the same level of spend they have had we would be closer to Spurs you feel than they are, especially under Rafa. I do feel even moderate investment would bring us level with Everton or much closer which despite our 1-1 draw with them, we are way behind thanks to Ashley.

Had they stuck with Koeman and not been as desperate as they have been in the transfer market in terms of some of the players they signed and how much for, they would be closer to Spurs today.

For Spurs looking ahead,despite the work Poch has done, I feel if they lost him, they could bring in someone else who could continue to maintain their standing and status in the same vein as he has these last few years much more easily and cheaper than keeping him and going to another level which I’m not sure they can given the competition and how high the standard is right now. A standard Arsenall, Man Utd and Chelsea will push and push themselves to reach or keep pace with.

I honestly think winning the CL would be less harder for them to achieve than winning the PL and they are my dark horses this year which if I wasn’t biased, would welcome as reward for how they have progressed over the years and what Poch has done.

Losing him though wouldn’t be the huge blow you’d think it would as they are so well run, have a strong squad and can compete financially for the better players. They are now in a position where they can go out and attract a top manager. I could actually see Mourinho there and winning some trophies for them with regular top 4 CL football.

To think though, a decade or so past they couldn’t even compete with us for your Parker’s and Duffs nor our capacity. You have to admire what they’ve done and for me they are the best run club in our country and the best coached team as well. A joy to watch on their day with very likeable players.

Cracking post, My only fear now though is Everton trying to get Rafa

Guest Howaythetoon

Cracking post, My only fear now though is Everton trying to get Rafa

They need to stick with Silva for a few years in the same kind of way they did with Moyes even if they have a bad season.

Their targets and ambitions today are different now of course from the Moyes era, they ideally want to follow Spurs or breakaway like they have from the other middle rank clubs in a way where they are the top ranking club outside of the top 6.

They’ve tried a number of managers and spent heavily for them in recent times to get there and it hasn’t quite worked out, and that’s because they’ve been impatient with their managers and wreckless in the transfer market under each manager.

The results of which turned out in the signing of Rooney and hiring of Allarydce. Acts of desperation and financially costly.

They’ve long identified Silva as someone to mould a team to take them up a level or two, but that will take time and even more money and even then the competition is strong when the likes of West Ham, Leicester, Southampton, Crystal Palace and even newly promoted teams like Wolves and Fulham have similar ambitions and targets.

Everton have never been top of any pile even when finishing 4th under Moyes just as Spurs have never been one of the big four, until recently that is and only when they settled on first Redknapp and now Poch after chopping and changing. That’s what Everton need.

Rafa would be ideal for them in so many ways and I don’t buy into any theory that he would never manage Everton because of his ties with Liverpool, but I wouldn’t worry about such a prospect ever happening because I don’t think Rafa is someone a club like Everton would look for these days over a Koeman or Silva.

Looking back Moyes did a great job there, but could only have done what he did because he had the luxury of time and was allowed a bad season or two. He wouldn’t last 5 minutes today at this Everton though and rightly so. Likewise if we were to look at our football and results under Rafa only he wouldn’t have lasted 5 minutes at the Newcastle of then.

Give him that kind of club today though in terms of goals, targets, ambitioun and being able to compete with the likes of Everton in the transfer market who couldn’t compete with us under Moyes and I guarantee we would lead the middle rank pack of clubs aspiring to break into the top 6 they are trying to lead and I also guantee the gulf between that and where Spurs are at towards the top 4 wouldn’t be demonstrated so obviously with a 6-2 home loss and by so many points on the table seperaing the two.

We will never be able to put that to the test though.

See, I think Everton should be aiming to make seventh their own spot, with the potential of good years pushing higher. I think you’ve undersold their size and strength, though they have had some rubbish years. You’re also right in suggesting the likes of Southampton and West Ham (and Leicester) should be looking to do everything they can to do that same thing - win the “second teir” every year and be ready if one of the big teams falter.

What is it with English keepers that when they become England's No. 1, they suddenly become turboshit?

Joe Hart-esque levels of decline from Pickford.  It's like watching an U-9s keeper playing with the U-15s.

I only saw the MOTD highlights, but the mad rush out for the first goal was preceded by a mad rush out to Kane who was through in a wide channel and got to the ball first. Another couple of millimeters of foot wrapped around it and it would have been an easy goal for him. The Guardian put Pickford at 65th in their poll of top players of the world.

fwiw, Everton have conceded nearly a third more goals than us (28 vs 22) off nearly 30% fewer shots conceded per game (11.2 vs. 14.2). Multiply it out and Everton concede one goal every 7.2 shots conceded, for us its one per 11.6 shots conceded. That's not just Pickford, but he'll be part of it.

As for Everton, to break out and challenge the teams above them, they need to buy players with upside potential, something you can't see in the likes of Rooney, Walcott, and Schneiderlin. They contrast starkly with Lukaku, who was a great buy when they got him from Chelsea. The best way though is like Leicester with finds like Mahrez, Kante, and Vardy.

Silva found Richarlison, so maybe he can do it given the time.

Pickford is an arrogant cunt mind, it’s making him make mistakes, he’s never been that good in my eyes, plus he’s a thick twat.Seriously though what a shambles he is. :lol:

Pickford is an arrogant cunt mind, it’s making him make mistakes, he’s never been that good in my eyes, plus he’s a thick twat.Seriously though what a shambles he is. :lol:

:thup:

Quite enjoyed his aimless punts upfield to nobody yesterday.