The other games today 2018/19

Greg

Wolves are already only 2 points off our total from last year, they'll easily break 100 points, if they keep their focus. Even though they spent some money it's a hell of an effort, to come form nowhere last season.

Guest firetotheworks

Benatia should have been sent-off too by the letter of the law. Very least a second yellow.

That's not the letter of the law anymore as far as I'm aware.

Wolves are already only 2 points off our total from last year, they'll easily break 100 points, if they keep their focus. Even though they spent some money it's a hell of an effort, to come form nowhere last season.

By "some" money do you mean "fucking loads" of money?

Benatia should have been sent-off too by the letter of the law. Very least a second yellow.

You’re right. Rule now guide that for a DOGSO penalty decision it is not a red card if there is a genuine attempt to play the ball (in the ref’s opinion).

It was brought in to stop the idea of a triple punishment for teams in that situation. Penalty, red card, and most likely a goal conceded too.

Guest firetotheworks

Aye. :thup:

The law says would be given a yellow-card instead...so still a sending-off.

It was a penalty, a soft one but a penalty. I think a yellow card is pushing it like. [emoji38]

You’re right. Rule now guide that for a DOGSO penalty decision it is not a red card if there is a genuine attempt to play the ball (in the ref’s opinion).

It was brought in to stop the idea of a triple punishment for teams in that situation. Penalty, red card, and most likely a goal conceded too.

That's only straight red cards, no? This would have still been a yellow (his 2nd)

As clear a pen as you'll see. The defender went right through him without touching the ball.

Likewise the ref had no choice with the red card. Buffon was right in his face, made physical contact, and was shouting at the top of his voice.

I think the studio pundits felt a bit sorry for Juve, and most of us would have liked to see them complete the fightback. It just wasn't to be.

I don't get the Juventus love-in tbh. I wanted them to win just for something different, but if it had been one of the big English clubs, or a Real Madrid, PSG, Bayern Munich that did what they did 12-13 years or so ago, I doubt they would be admired the same way.

Juve didn't 'do something' 12-13 years ago. They were charged in the Calciopoli scandal based on something that had (and almost certainly still does) gone on for literally decades. But as much I hate them, you simply can't understand it without understanding the wider context of Italian football and Italian society. Juventus had a system of control (led principally through Moggi) that manipulated officials, the transfer market, the media, agents, everything. But the thing is they weren't and aren't the only club doing it. Every club in Italy is bent, it's just the most powerful ones are best at playing the system in the same way they have the best players and the best managers.

The fact is that a year after Calciopoli happened, in 2007, more and far worse incriminating evidence came out. But people were bored and it disappeared without much comment. The state of play is almost accepted through a believed inability to change things. That and the fact for a lot of Italians, doing whatever you can do to win, whether that is buying the best players or manipulating officials is all equally fair game.

That's only straight red cards, no? This would have still been a yellow (his 2nd)

But then there are further guidelines that refs are given where they’re told if they are going to give a second yellow they have to be 100% sure without even the tiniest of doubts that the foul is worthy of a yellow card.

I take it Mike judged it as a careless foul and not worthy of a second yellow. He may also have taken the triple punishment thing into consideration. Or who knows maybe because he was instantly bombarded by Jeve players he didn’t have a second he think about it.

Either way it would be harsh to give him black marks for not giving the yellow I feel.

Not as much as I thought it was, 24.6 mill euros (gross) 18 million euros (net), source:

https://www.transfermarkt.com/wolverhampton-wanderers/transfers/verein/543

Our gross was a hell of a lot more, obviously we had a much healthier net, but our base of a PL squad was obviously better than their base. Really they bought one player for decent money the rest are typical bits and bob transfers for champo clubs. Neves must be one hell of a player to have transformed them so much.

Not as much as I thought it was, 24.6 mill euros (gross) 18 million euros (net), source:

Our gross was a hell of a lot more, obviously we had a much healthier net, but our base of a PL squad was obviously better than their base. Really they bought one player for decent money the rest are typical bits and bob transfers for champo clubs. Neves must be one hell of a player to have transformed them so much.

Neves, N'Diaye, Rafa Mir, Helder Costa and Diogo Jota aren't typical championship transfers. Even if some are loans.

Neves and Costa cost close to 30 mil.

But then there are further guidelines that refs are given where they’re told if they are going to give a second yellow they have to be 100% sure without even the tiniest of doubts that the foul is worthy of a yellow card.

I take it Mike judged it as a careless foul and not worthy of a second yellow. He may also have taken the triple punishment thing into consideration. Or who knows maybe because he was instantly bombarded by Jeve players he didn’t have a second he think about it.

Either way it would be harsh to give him black marks for not giving the yellow I feel.

Yeah, I think in the general mayhem that followed, he either forgot to give the defender the second yellow, or decided that he wouldn't leave the pitch with his knackers attached if he sent another Italian off.

Tbf, regardless of your views on the penalty decision - after all of the time in-between the decision, then the sending off, Szchesny coming on, there's a lot of time to think about it, let people get in your ear and end up fluffing it. With all of that in mind it's an absolutely incredible penalty from Harry Kane.

If this is your own work then fair play. :lol:

Lovely joke by Interpolic there.

€24.6m this season

€36.1m last season - €33.11m net

Not sure how many other Championship clubs are spending €60.7m (€51.11m net) in 2 seasons like :lol:

Only relegated clubs come close to that spending, but their net is miles off Wolves’.

I just watched the BT highlights, why did Buffon get sent off? Was it just for getting in the refs face? ???

Foul and abusive language.

Judging by his post match comments, it’s believable :lol:

That's such a shitty rule like, it's the heat of the moment people arnt going to be all sunshine and rainbows when you've just conceded a last minute penalty having come back from a three goal deficit.

Also Michael Oliver is such a pussy. :lol:

I just watched the BT highlights, why did Buffon get sent off? Was it just for getting in the refs face? ???

Foul and abusive language.

Judging by his post match comments, it’s believable :lol:

link?

A quality referee does not destroy the dream of a team that has put everything on the field for 90 minutes,” he fumed to Mediaset Premium. “He wanted to play the part of the protagonist.

“A human being cannot whistle for an incident so doubtful after a game like that, unless you have a garbage bin instead of a heart. If you do not have personality, you should be in the stands eating chips with your family. This referee did not have the courage or the personality for this level.

“I could’ve told the referee anything at that moment, but he had to understand the degree of the disaster he was creating. If you can’t handle the pressure and have the courage to make a decision, then you should just sit in the stands and eat your crisps.

"If you don't have the personality needed for certain levels, it's better to watch the game in the stand with your wife, maybe eating chips. It's a question of the kind of sensitivity that every man must have, knowing whether to officiate or not. It means not knowing where you are, what teams are playing. In practice, it means you don't know shit."

We will be furious when stepping on to the pitch in Serie A this weekend. Furious.”