The other games today 2018/19

Greg

City's performances are no more intense than any of Pep's Barca and Bayern teams.

When you dominate the ball as much as they do and smartly press zones it's pretty easy to conserve energy, besides they have had loads of low end performances in terms of energy over the last 2-3 months.

They just have managed to win anyway.

City's performances are no more intense than any of Pep's Barca and Bayern teams.

When you dominate the ball as much as they do and smartly press zones it's pretty easy to conserve energy, besides they have had loads of low end performances in terms of energy over the last 2-3 months.

They just have managed to win anyway.

Yup, absolutely.

When you dominate possession the game is infinitely easier.

It's chasing the ball around all game that kills you.

Man City have some incredible players and I love watching them play, but I do wonder about the legitimacy of their performances.

Some of their players play pretty much every game and they do so to an incredible standard and intensity which I haven't really seen before. It's not like Guardiola doesn't have a dodgy history with PEDs.

Drug testing in football is more or less non-existent compared to endurance sports, but they've already been charged this season for missing tests, which I find amazing for a top level professional club.

:lol: What in the actual hell.

Man City have some incredible players and I love watching them play, but I do wonder about the legitimacy of their performances.

Some of their players play pretty much every game and they do so to an incredible standard and intensity which I haven't really seen before. It's not like Guardiola doesn't have a dodgy history with PEDs.

Drug testing in football is more or less non-existent compared to endurance sports, but they've already been charged this season for missing tests, which I find amazing for a top level professional club.

:lol: What in the actual hell.

Do you really find it that hard to believe? He got banned for using a steroid in 2001 and Man City broke three anti-doping rules within 5 months of him arriving

Which, if anything, makes me more suspicious about his teams.

When Guardiola tested positive his sample showed 6 times the limit for a steroid which aids recovery and reduces fatigue.

Maybe I'm paranoid about it from following professional cycling for years, but people buried their heads in the sand about that too before it all came out in the 90s.

As I said in terms of the stuff you are talking about there are more teams that would scream PED use than Guardiola's teams.

Klopp's teams for example use a lot more energy at a higher intensity, I don't believe either of them use PEDs but if I were I'd be more skeptical of them.

Guest firetotheworks

Barca were arguably more intense when they went to a more counter attacking team after Pep as well.

It's not impossible overall though, of course. The real lack of players being found guilty would either suggest that the system is almost flawless, or it's broken.

As I said in terms of the stuff you are talking about there are more teams that would scream PED use than Guardiola's teams.

Klopp's teams for example use a lot more energy at a higher intensity, I don't believe either of them use PEDs but if I were I'd be more skeptical of them.

Klopp was never banned for doping firstly. Secondly, Liverpool's players regularly break down and they are regularly very flat in games which follow big games for them

That's more due to the fact his teams rely on open space (which is why he has exceedingly good record against top teams)  than lacking energy.

As I said though it's possible for Guardiola's teams because they dominate the ball for so long, it allows the players to rest for long periods at a time.

Klopp was never banned for doping firstly. Secondly, Liverpool's players regularly break down and they are regularly very flat in games which follow big games for them

Klopp rotates a lot more too doesn’t he? Sure I read he was the only manager in the league to never play the same starting 11 twice in a row this season.

Klopp rotates a lot more too doesn’t he? Sure I read he was the only manager in the league to never play the same starting 11 twice in a row this season.

Aye, he has this season because his team kept breaking down last season. I take Mole's point that Liverpool are generally better suited to playing the top teams anyway but they definitely seem flatter after a big game in my opinion, like against Swansea last week.

Comparing the two though, City are a lot smarter at managing games and raise their intensity in moments.

Whereas Liverpool don't really at all, it's great to watch mind but it's not surprising they have lower moments and need to rotate more as they don't really manage games that well.

As I said though I don't particularly believe either of them are doing anything wrong tbh.

Just look at the state of that Cardiff player man ... I cannot stand players like that. No respect for a fellow professional. It's always tinged with envy too. Such a losers mentality. Could have tripped him up far less harmfully than that.

Sane is really fortunate his ankle actually rolled, or his leg might have been snapped there.