The other games today 2018/19

Greg

MNF was fantastic last night.

In what way? I found it an awful watch.

Martial breakdown. I was shocked by his stats over a full season. Barkley analysis. Stuff we already know but the graphics and statistics drive the points home even further.

The Man City squad. Good points. Spurs debate at the end. They both make cases though I lean towards Carragher. Just felt myself nodding along with everything said last night.

Martial breakdown. I was shocked by his stats over a full season. Barkley analysis. Stuff we already know but the graphics and statistics drive the points home even further.

The Man City squad. Good points. Spurs debate at the end. They both make cases though I lean towards Carragher. Just felt myself nodding along with everything said last night.

Ahh ok, thought you meant the match itself.

Obviously more talented players get more game time but getting appearances at a young age is so crucial for development.

Players like Barry, Milner and Henderson really maxed out their potential imo. Partly through being given a lot of game time at a young age.

Alternatively, Owen and Rooney were finished on the sunny side of 30.

Obviously more talented players get more game time but getting appearances at a young age is so crucial for development.

Players like Barry, Milner and Henderson really maxed out their potential imo. Partly through being given a lot of game time at a young age.

Alternatively, Owen and Rooney were finished on the sunny side of 30.

I used those 3 as they weren't elite talents at a young age but they got a lot of game time.

Owen, Fabregas, Rooney maybe even Sterling were elite talents at a young age. It's a different bracket.

When Milner was with us, many felt we could do better than him at RW. Owen and Rooney were almost as good as it got aged 19-21.

I look at Sturridge and wonder how good he could've become playing regularly when he was younger. Lingard, RLC etc.

Ahh ok, thought you meant the match itself.

Highlights what I like about Sterling with the goal he scored against us. He has a tremendous appreciation of the game. Off the ball movement, making a penetrating run. Gets the ball by the touchline pops it to a CM, darts as fast as possible into a goalscoring position against a deep defence and slots it in. Martial and Sane would've stood there by the touchline after making the pass.

When people say he's just an athlete I can't help but think they're being facile. He got a dozen tap-ins last season because he makes dangerous runs and gets himself a couple yards free in the box time and time again.