The other games today 2018/19

Greg

God, life is gonna suck when Messi retires :(

Rumor making the rounds that the Libertadores might be played in Spain. I'd probably throw insane amounts of cash for a ticket, but I'm too young to die yet.

Was thinking Spain or Italy would be perfect for it to still give it the feel of a really big game. Even USA too with I presume a big immigrant population there. Qatar would just be a non event really

It's a slippery slope imo.

Gives La Liga a leg to stand on to have games abroad.

Hardly comparable since it's done for safety reasons and it's not a national competition.

La Liga and other tournaments will use it as a precedent. Whether it's right or wrong they will.

I believe they've had this issue before at an earlier stage in the competition. And the offending team (well the fans) were kicked out of the competition. That should have happened again.

But there's too much at stake. Too much fanfare. Too much money.

If this is allowed, why not the Champions League final in Qatar? Why not the FA Cup final in Seattle? Why not a regular PL game?

IMO it's a slide.

Celtic win their first away game in the Europa League.

Norwegian football must be awful, even Bob Bradley could do an average job there

Poor attempt at fishing. The only surprise tonight is that Celtic could only win by 1, had them -2 on my coupon. Rosenborg have been in free fall for months, players in open revolt against the owners, already out of the EL after being embarrassed by good sides (Leipzig and Salzburg) and any focus remaining in that squad is on the cup final.

Sarpsborg on the other hand :sweetjesus:

Haven't they just won the Norwegian league? I can think of worse free falls

Essentially a done deal by the time shit hit the fan. To put things in NUFC terms, they basically sacked their version of Keegan after qualifying for the EL, controlling the league and strolling through the cup. Didn't even properly replace him, put a youth coach in charge. Then the owners have been railing on the players in the media, leading players to hand in transfer requests and fans to stop attending games en masse.

If they don't change the chairman quickly and hire a proper manager, I would be surprised if they break the top three next year even if they keep their current crop of players.

Haven't they just won the Norwegian league? I can think of worse free falls

4c1ffcc616529ce83e93d8f704095507.png

What a shit free fall :lol:

That is actually horrible by Rosenborg standards, though. It's essentially a one team league due to the money differential, so all they care about is not dying in Europe.