Sunderland

Kaizero

Will Sunderland Be Promoted from LEAGUE ONE? 0 = No chance 10 = Definitely  

643 members have voted

1. 1. Will Sunderland Be Promoted from LEAGUE ONE? 0 = No chance 10 = Definitely

This poll is closed to new votes

Guest firetotheworks

In all seriousness, has anyone on here ever heard any racism inside SJP? Thankfully I never have, but I do remember an old bloke saying "I wouldn't sell him to the chinkies" about Coloccini in Nine, which I like to think I'd have said something about had I not wasted 10 minutes trying to work out what that even meant.

Not at SJP I don't think, but loads of times at away games.

If the pair of you have never heard it at SJP you must be very young.

It was the norm believe me

Can fully imagine it being an absolute cesspit in the '80s like. I'm a scumbag '92er so I've never heard it.

Lives next door to Jonesy Super Duper Branko Strupar[/member] ,think he is genuinely OK. Quiet family man.

Also, he has robbed them blind for years and their fans can’t turn on him because he’s a hardman local white bloke. Which is hilarious. Still got 3 more years on his deal too IIRC.

Just remind yourself of what he did on Stowell Street, triggs.

Long time ago tbf and considering the other bloke involved is actually on his way to prison I’m willing to give him the benefit of the doubt that he wasn't the ringleader

Long time ago tbf and considering the other bloke involved is actually on his way to prison I’m willing to give him the benefit of the doubt that he wasn't the ringleader

Oh he’s a terrible cunt. Got banned from most pubs in Teesside before he fucked off to Sunderland.

In all seriousness, has anyone on here ever heard any racism inside SJP? Thankfully I never have, but I do remember an old bloke saying "I wouldn't sell him to the chinkies" about Coloccini in Nine, which I like to think I'd have said something about had I not wasted 10 minutes trying to work out what that even meant.

Can fully imagine it being an absolute cesspit in the '80s like. I'm a scumbag '92er so I've never heard it.

"He's black, he's broon, he plays for the Toon, Franz Carr, Franz Carr!" used to get the occasional airing in the 91/92 season.

Guest neesy111

Oh he’s a terrible cunt. Got banned from most pubs in Teesside before he fucked off to Sunderland.

Still is.

Watched the first four episodes of the documentary last night.

The editing, man.  Appalling. 

A couple that stand out are when they draw 3-3 at Brentford and the reaction shots from Graybrow are from an evening game at the K-COM and also that mackem family watching the Boro game with the shot of the TV than shows them 1-0 down before they show Boro's goal later on :lol:

Guest NobbyOhNobby

I've watched the whole thing, thought it was really good actually. Captured the essence of what it's like to support teams up here - it impacts the whole mood and prosperity of a city. There's loads of similarities between us and them, we're just lucky our city is beautiful, prosperous and connected to the rest of the world.

"He's black, he's broon, he plays for the Toon, Franz Carr, Franz Carr!" used to get the occasional airing in the 91/92 season.

Tony Cunningham before that also

Tony Cunningham before that also

Saw someone throw a banana at him from the Paddocks. Nobody batted an eyelid either.

Heard a couple years ago that in the 90s some of the older members of our support used to refer to Andy Cole by the affectionate nickname "Blackie Milburn."

Never heard it at the time myself like.

Heard a couple years ago that in the 90s some of the older members of our support used to refer to Andy Cole by the affectionate nickname "Blackie Milburn."

The Sun ran a headline saying we call him "Wor Blackie" and I said at the time it was bollocks and something "witty" they'd thought of themselves.  Same with "Ginola - known as Frog on the Tyne by Geordies"

Remember hearing that and plenty worse in 70s.

Remember the national Front handing out leaflets outside the big gates.

Remember hearing that and plenty worse in 70s.

Remember the national Front handing out leaflets outside the big gates.

Exactly in the 70s and 80s football was rife with racism and unfortunately our support was probably one of the worst

Absolute norm during the 80s deeply racist songs were sung on a regular basis all around SJP about opposition and even our own players ( Tony Cunningham hes black hes broon he plays for the toon)

Even into the 90s there was still Racism rife at SJP so as Covmag said if you've never heard it before you must be very young

I've watched the whole thing, thought it was really good actually. Captured the essence of what it's like to support teams up here - it impacts the whole mood and prosperity of a city. There's loads of similarities between us and them, we're just lucky our city is beautiful, prosperous and connected to the rest of the world.

Disagree, I think most if not all football clubs fans are like that not just “up here” mate.

Dunno what you mean by very young like. I started going when I was about 8 in 1992 and I'm 34 now.

Late 70’s through till late 80’s mate, I’m ashamed to say I joined in as it was the norm.....no one said a thing.

It was disgusting and I look back in shame as I just followed the crowd with monkey chants not knowing the human impact I was doing , Newcastle fans were up there with the worst in the country in truth.

Ashamed tbh