Sean Longstaff

xLiaaamx

Just now, Jack27 said:

The day he gets a new contract will be fun

This isn't the problem though. Having him around as a squad player, cover etc. makes perfect sense. Starting him ahead of Tonali is absolutely baffling and needless.

4 minutes ago, Pilko said:

This isn't the problem though. Having him around as a squad player, cover etc. makes perfect sense. Starting him ahead of Tonali is absolutely baffling and needless.

Also his playing kind of boxes us in to having to play a 3 in the middle.

4 minutes ago, Pilko said:

Is he as good at bj's though...could swing it

1 minute ago, Newcastle Fan said:

He needs a good rest and time in the training ground to work more on his game, terrible first half.

I think between the ears doesn’t help him more! He’s also limited as to where we want to be currently.

Edited by PauloGeordio

He gave the ball away once trying a throughball on the edge of their box and a litany of errors turned that situation into a goal conceded.

In itself, it wasn't a huge mistake, and he shouldn't be hung out to dry for it.

For context, their keeper got half-tackled by Gordon twice within the second half starting.

We all knew what we were in for when he started. Everyone focused on why Tonali shouldn't play, but noone gave any good reason as to why Longstaff should play. I think that was the bigger issue with the decision. Even at 50% fitness Tonali will give us more. I have no doubt he could've done atleast 75 min today and still look fine. He looked fit all game both games for Italy.

2 hours ago, Tiotes Witch Doctor said:

Been no worse than Bruno.

That's a different conversation though. Bruno hasn't been great, but he's not clumsy on the ball, and he doesn't shit his pants when he gets it.

9 minutes ago, LFEE said:

He’s not th e best or my cup of tea but pretty sure he’d be better if the fans supported and encouraged him.

Aye, he’s not good enough and he shouldn’t be getting starts ahead of Tonali

But fans calling him worse than shite from kick off isn’t going to make him play any better, it’s just shan

So many people seem to hate his guts and can’t wait to scream abuse at him 

Edited by bobbydazzla

4 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Do we do that? I usually wait until he makes his first horrific mistake. 

I’ve been next to people in the ground who start slagging him as soon as the ref blows his whistle 

Happened multiple times last season, in different parts of the ground  

Edited by bobbydazzla

His control is cumbersome. His first touch isn't instinctive, he has to measure it and even then he often fails to maneuver the ball into the optimum position. So he's already on the back foot when a defender closes him down. Then has has to really think about the pass he's got to make and that adds even more time on. He knows all of this, so his game is ultra cautious. When he has no choice but play more expansively, when he is time limited by a strong opposition press, you can guarantee he'll duff the pass.

He slows down our possession and restricts our possession passing with very safe, ineffective choices.

Tonali pls.

2 hours ago, Pilko said:

Even as a squad player, I would choose Miley over him. Miley has an excellent potential and he won’t reach it without a proper playing time. 

Just now, LFEE said:

To what benefit?

No benefit obviously, I'm just reacting to things that happen in the game. Personally I'm sighing and groaning rather than directly abusing him, FWIW. 

At home I abuse him more freely. 

Just now, AyeDubbleYoo said:

No benefit obviously, I'm just reacting to things that happen in the game. Personally I'm sighing and groaning rather than directly abusing him, FWIW. 

Try standing up and encouraging him. Might catch on with those around you.

Through whatever you want at the TV at home of course :lol:

2 hours ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

This is my favourite vendetta on the forum, certainly since Nut retired from harrying Pope. Keep up the good work.