The Betting Thread.

Optimistic Nut

I, personally, would never bet on Watford, they're absolutely terrible.  And Charlton will still be buzzing after tanking West Ham.

My bet this weekend;

Brentford v Scunthorpe - Scunthorpe@evens

Fiorentina v Torino - Fiorentina@2/5

Nottm Forest v Huddersfield - Nottm Forest@4/7

Schalke v Hamburg - Schalke@4/5

Sochaux v Nantes - Sochaux@4/6

Cheers for the tips lads.

I'm trying to turn my initial £20 deposit into a grand on betfair. Deposited last week, upto £127. No games this week seem like they are offering good odds.

You do the right thing not diving in, mate.

I got as far as £500-odd off £20 in less than a month (bookies, not online), but got waaaaay too convinced i had it cracked, and chased the odds rather tahn the games. Then i had nothing.

Cheers for the tips lads.

I'm trying to turn my initial £20 deposit into a grand on betfair. Deposited last week, upto £127. No games this week seem like they are offering good odds.

You do the right thing not diving in, mate.

I got as far as £500-odd off £20 in less than a month (bookies, not online), but got waaaaay too convinced i had it cracked, and chased the odds rather tahn the games. Then i had nothing.

All too easy to do, sadly enough.

I reckon there is a twist still to come in this seasons relegation battle and fancy West Ham for a shock win over Spurs on Sunday.

With Spurs form away from home leaving a lot to be desired and West Ham with more than a small point to prove after last week a shock could be in the offing. Bowyers back as well and he can influence a game if he's up for it.

My only worry is the Hammers shite defence being exposed to an in-form Berbatov.

Its a shame the odds are only 2/1 as I might have lumped on. I might just stick them in a cheeky double with Derby tonight.

Derby @ 8/11

West Ham @ 2/1

£5 pays £26.

West Ham really are turboshit though.

They are at the minute mate but alot of that is down to confidence. They've added to a squad good enough to finish seventh last year. So they aren't (or rather shouldn't be!) that poor a side.

That said, I wouldn't put the mortgage on them winning, it's just a daft couple of quid.

You can't tell me ANYONE thought they would be relegated when the season started let alone when they signed Tevez & Mascherano. There is obviously a lot of shit going off behind the scenes down there but, that said, they'll be smarting after last weeks raping at Charlton and I'd expect them to come out all guns blazing.

My two bets this weekend.

Derby & West Ham to win = 5/1 (for the double) on Skybet. Daft few quid on that.

Tranmere Vs Chesterfield @ 4/6

Portsmouth Vs Chelsea @ 8/15

Coventry Vs Hull @ 3/1

Bristol City Vs Northampton @ 4/7

Notts Forest Vs Huddersfield @ 4/7

Swansea Vs Leyton Orient @ 3/1

I'm doing any four from six with that bet. £1 per line = £15 bet with potential winnings of £375.09 if all six come in.

Very unlikely both Hull and Orient will win but I fancy one or the other which should see the bet come good. Hopefully.  :cheesy:

Stuck a fiver on this.

Arsenal vs Reading  @2/5

Liverpool vs Man Utd @ 19/10 (draw)

Newcastle vs Middlesbrough @ 21/20

Portsmouth vs Chelsea @ 8/15

Gretna vs Queen of the South @ 1/3

£85.08 if it comes good, and Newcastle and Liverpool are the only real risks.

Two accs, a double and a correct score lucky 15.

Derby to beat Colchester 4/6

Derby were unlucky at the mackems, Colchester's home form the second best in the division, is as good as their away form is rubbish home win.

Arsenal to beat Reading 2/5

Newcastle to beat Boro Evens

Scunthorpe to beat Brentford 11/10

Brentford recent revival came to an abrupt end against Northampton, they seemed devoid of attacking ideas, Scunthorpe are a better side, and will get the win to keep them in the hunt for the title. Good price.

£5a pays £49 or just under 9/1

Second accumulator

Sheff United to beat Everton 6/4 ****BANKER OF THE WEEKEND****

Sheffield United are rarely left wanting against clubs of limited talent, with a high work ethic, and Everton fit this bill perfectly. 2-0 to the Blades as a side bet maybe

Forest to beat Huddersfield 8/13

Hartlepool to beat Hereford 8/15

Stockport to beat Swindon 11/10

Swindon aren't bad but it's hard to ignore Stockport's recent form, 8 wins in a row, without conceding a goal, astonishing stuff really, can't ignore them at the price.

Inverness to beat Dundee United Evens

ICT have matched Celtic in the last 3 games in the Highlands which is a good barometer of what they're capable of, Dundee United on the other hand...oh dear.

Gretna 4/11 to beat QOS

5a pays £177.32 or just over 34/1

£3 double

Derby HT FT 6/4

Man Utd to beat TWP 6/4

pays 18.75  or just over 5/1

10p lucky CS lucky 15

Newcastle 2 Boro 1

Sheff Utd 2 Everton 0

Liverpool 1 Man Utd 3

Portsmouth 0 Chelsea 1

pays a canny bit

Stevie do you make much profit?

I've got £20 on Derby to win, 3-0 up so far.

Bet fair gave me £20 free, not sure why, but its all good, made £140 profit this week.

I reckon Bolton are reasonable value, they'll react to their humbling at Spurs and will be well up for their biggest rivals in the league at home. My mate had a dirt cheap ticket for the Rovers Leverkusen game, so I went with him and thought they were utter wank. No creativity, no class. Working hard and being organised may work against flair teams, but not so much against Bolton.

Guest Pearce-Dog

Newcastle 1-0

Chelsea

Man City +0.5

Bolton +0.5

$10 @ 16.39 = $163.90

Newcastle 2-1

Chelsea

Man City +0.5

Bolton +0.5

$10 @ $17.56 = $175.60

Chelsea

Bolton

Man City +0.5

Arsenal  +0.5 (I rekon Reading will sneak a draw)

Newcastle

$30 @ $7.05 = $211.50

For anyone who's interested in racing, I've got a tip from someone with cracking connections to a stable and horse owner.

3.30 Kempton Offemont

This horse is generally 5/2 in most bookies, Blue Square are going 11/4 but how long that will last is debatable.  He's been waiting for this to reappear since winning at Warwick, connections are having some lumpy bets today  . Good luck.

Stevie do you make much profit?

I've got £20 on Derby to win, 3-0 up so far.

Bet fair gave me £20 free, not sure why, but its all good, made £140 profit this week.

I break even Andy, most people lose, very few come out on top, I think (on football) I break even or show a slight profit.

For anyone who's interested in racing, I've got a tip from someone with cracking connections to a stable and horse owner.

3.30 Kempton Offemont

This horse is generally 5/2 in most bookies, Blue Square are going 11/4 but how long that will last is debatable.  He's been waiting for this to reappear since winning at Warwick, connections are having some lumpy bets today  . Good luck.

Cheers Stevie.

I only got 9/4 on Skybet but lumped on anyway.