Newcastle United 1-2 Arsenal - 15/09/18 - Post-match reaction from page 12ish

Greg

Second half was very poor, Rafa should have changed it as soon as the second goal went in. The players spent the next 5 minutes walking around pointing fingers at each other. It wasn’t Rafa’s finest hour. Arsenal were awful in the first half.

Said it before, but Ashley has sent Rafa into this season, armed with a pea-shooter in what is a gun fight. The bloke has performed miracles on next to nothing for the last two years - if he and the players are running out of ideas, then is it any surprise?

If people want the return of Pardew, Mclaren and Carver - those days are coming back, make no mistake.

didn't attend again, watched on tv.

thought we played ok in the first half and deserved to be marginally ahead without ever looking great, Arsenal were terrible and as expected surely couldn't be any worse in the second half?

a needles challenge by Fernandez changed it, perfect distance for a free kick and bang, goal.

soon 2 and that was game over, no inspiration from anywhere both on and off the pitch to get back into it , the whole thing was piss poor.

Murphy yet again was a let down, how much did we pay for him? Hayden offers nothing and the rest were pretty powder puff, the crowd were dead and the fact i hardly raised my finger when we scored sums it all up..........i'm trying not to panic but i see a long time before we win a game and this could just be another Ashley relegation.

Rafa didn't have a great day today but i won't go into that for fear of being hounded. Bad day all round AGAIN.

Arsenal were absolutely shocking in the first half yet we didn’t create much. Hayden and Murphy may as well have been sitting next to me; Rafa has to take some responsibility today. Their first goal was wholly avoidable, gave Arsenal belief and knocked us more than it should have.

I took Sky’s enhanced bet today as soon as I saw our line up. I actually think there is a player in Murphy; Hayden however looked over weight and needs shipping out, very poor.

So we should have started with an unfit Shelvey and Rondon, that’s your great plan?

If they are unfit they shouldn't even be on the bench and Rondon certainly didn't seem unfit during the week.

Eh players come back from injury and onto the bench all the time. Like literally all the time. I don’t know what condition Rondon and Shelvey are in, I’m just assuming there’s legitimate reasons they were on the bench and then never came on.

There’s multiple reasons why that could have happened.

So why are they on the bench if you're not fit you're not fit and why not bring them on then. If they're fit enough to be on the bench then their fit enough to play the majority of the game. I can understand not the full 90 but to not even bring them on is just totally inexcusable.

They were probably on the bench in case we were down one goal with 10 or 15 minutes to go. When Arsenal went two up Rafa probably felt that the risk of bringing them on wasn't worth it when we probably wouldn't get back into the game anyway

Still doesn't work for me as I said you have nearly a full house paying good money to see a manager accepting a defeat. What happens if he brought them on say with 15 mintues to go (I will still argue with anybody they should have started) and they get a goal and the match then changes. It might not but surely people paying good money deserve to see a team attempting to get something out of any game.

Rafa isn't about entertaining the fans, he's about getting results and he probably thought that keeping those two players fresh and injury free was more beneficial than putting them on for 15 minutes when it probably wouldn't change anything and they might get injured again

Don't agree sorry that team selection and lack of substitutes stinks you say it's about getting results well it certainly isn't working this season that's for sure.

you were the same insufferable knob complaining every chance you got last season.

Who the fuck of you like

Ignore ElWally. He's not a WUM or anything, he's just a bit thick. As QuakesMag says, he was whinging all of last year despite us finishing 10th.

Mr clueless strikes again

So we should have started with an unfit Shelvey and Rondon, that’s your great plan?

If they are unfit they shouldn't even be on the bench and Rondon certainly didn't seem unfit during the week.

Eh players come back from injury and onto the bench all the time. Like literally all the time. I don’t know what condition Rondon and Shelvey are in, I’m just assuming there’s legitimate reasons they were on the bench and then never came on.

So why are they on the bench if you're not fit you're not fit and why not bring them on then. If they're fit enough to be on the bench then their fit enough to play the majority of the game. I can understand not the full 90 but to not even bring them on is just totally inexcusable.

They were probably on the bench in case we were down one goal with 10 or 15 minutes to go. When Arsenal went two up Rafa probably felt that the risk of bringing them on wasn't worth it when we probably wouldn't get back into the game anyway

Still doesn't work for me as I said you have nearly a full house paying good money to see a manager accepting a defeat. What happens if he brought them on say with 15 mintues to go (I will still argue with anybody they should have started) and they get a goal and the match then changes. It might not but surely people paying good money deserve to see a team attempting to get something out of any game.

Rafa isn't about entertaining the fans, he's about getting results and he probably thought that keeping those two players fresh and injury free was more beneficial than putting them on for 15 minutes when it probably wouldn't change anything and they might get injured again

Don't agree sorry that team selection and lack of substitutes stinks you say it's about getting results well it certainly isn't working this season that's for sure.

you were the same insufferable knob complaining every chance you got last season.

Who the f*** of you like

One of many whole pointed out what a dimwitted tool you were being last year, especially in the winter. Then you miraculously disappeared for a bit. I am now not sure if winning is better for sake of our support of the club, or for the fact that it keeps you away like Clark Kent  to a kryptonite-forged motorized dildo.

Who the f*** of you like

One of many whole pointed out what a dimwitted tool you were being last year, especially in the winter. Then you miraculously disappeared for a bit. I am now not sure if winning is better for sake of our support of the club, or for the fact that it keeps you away like Clark Kent  to a kryptonite-forged motorized dildo.

Fuck off you man you daft cunt - I actually didn't post because I was seriously ill you fucking cretin.

Who the f*** of you like

Fuck off you man you daft cunt - I actually didn't post because I was seriously ill you fucking cretin.

Fair enough, and I certainly wish you no illness and hope you have recovered, but that doesn't change the ironclad fact that pretty much everything you post is just pure absolute garbage.

Who the f*** of you like

Fair enough, and I certainly wish you no illness and hope you have recovered, but that doesn't change the ironclad fact that pretty much everything you post is just pure absolute garbage.

I accept your regards and thanks I am on the mend. That's your opiion again I think you're talking utter shit also that's life football is all about opinions. Thing is I'm not part of the Rafa is a god clan that many are. He is a manager and when he gets things wrong then he should be criticised just like any other manager. He got it totally wrong today, like he did against Cardiff and also against Chelsea but again that's my opinion.

Now now kids...

I'm sorry, man, but especially he and geordiedean have posted a non-stop brown stream of nonsense, and neither have come remotely close to admitting how absurd their shit was last season, as far as I recall at least. It's this type of ill-informed dog shit that I see all over the place, and in many manifestations, now.

Rafa got us up as champions and got us 10th last season with some fantastic wins along the way. He couldn't have done anymore. Ashely messed him about yet again and left him with a sub standard squad again and killed all the positivity around the club. Again.

Rafa has looked absolutely sick for a while now and yeah it's looking likely it must only be the 6m keeping him here and I could well be £100 lighter in May.

Only one man to blame for the state of the squad, Rafa losing all intersest and the ground been like a morgue

Who the f*** of you like

I accept your regards and thanks I am on the mend. That's your opiion again I think you're talking utter shit also that's life football is all about opinions. Thing is I'm not part of the Rafa is a god clan that many are. He is a manager and when he gets things wrong then he should be criticised just like any other manager. He got it totally wrong today, like he did against Cardiff and also against Chelsea but again that's my opinion.

Yes, but you criticize him every fucking time no matter what, and if the majority thought like you, then Ashley could justify pushing his ass out.

I have seen criticism of him that is reasonable, but yours and geordiedean's don't fall in that category. And stop acting like you are bravely fighting some Rafa religious sex slave cult, man.

That said, I am seriously glad that you are doing better, man.

Who the f*** of you like

Yes, but you criticize him every fucking time no matter what, and if the majority thought like you, then Ashley could justify pushing his ass out.

I have seen criticism of him that is reasonable, but yours and geiordiedean's don't fall in that category. And stop acting like you are bravely fighting some Rafa religious sex slave cult, man.

Did I criticise him in the Tottenham game when we were in my opinion set up right, attempted to win the game and were very unlucky or the Man City game when again for that game we were set up correctly. Think you want to read my comments from the Summer again. It's no cult but some on here will not accept things he is not doing right. Last year I witnessed three games with not far off the same squad of players take the game to Man Utd, Chelsea and Arsenal and come out on top and deservedly so.

Was that Arsenal team not their for the taking as that's the worst one I have seen in years at this level. We are already 6 points down from last season's games. People say we will suddenly raise our game against the poorer teams it's very hard to do that when you have not played that way since the opening day. Our two games against poor teams this season Cardiff and Forrest has not seen that happen. As for football knowledge I would put mine against you any day of the week but I do accept you have an opinion as do others. If you want to call people names for having different opinions that's your choice also I can give it all back also.

It's not calling names for different opinions, and you know it. That is just an intellectually lazy to avoid self-reflection, and you have probably paraphrased two or three posts over 90% of the time. It's the same shit over and over, and it has utterly drowned out anything you have said that is positive to the point that I don't remember any of those posts. Not saying that are not there, but the vast majority of what you have posted is based on overreaction, and then you come out with this idea that you are being hounded by us for "telling it how it is".  Seriously go back and look at what you have posted with a bit of honesty.  HTT has done that, and I salute him more for his ability to self-reflect than if he just always echoed my opinions.

Most of us believe that Rafa has indeed gotten it wrong on occasion btw. He is not infallible, but FFS, man.