Anthony Vanden Borre

Martin Lol

OMG.

Football Manager legend.

And yes, he is good irl too.  Seen him in champs league loads of times.  Real prospect.  Love to get him.

Should of got Kompany when he left Anderlecht in the summer. The only problem with AVB is he is another midget.

Thought he was 6'1/6'2", something like that.

There's something on Sky about him:

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=435065&CPID=112&clid=6&lid=&title=Race+on+for+Anderlecht+ace

The chase for Anderlecht starlet Anthony Vanden Borre appears to be hotting up with an unnamed English side understood to be rivalling Real Betis for his signature.

The 19-year-old, who was the second youngest player ever to represent Belgium for whom he now has 15 caps, has a host of admirers across Europe with the likes of Internazionale, Ajax and Lyon all having been linked with him in the past.

The club to have shown the firmest interest in securing his signature in recent times is Betis, with the player himself having recently acknowledged the possibility of joining the Spaniards.

"The fact that I am interesting such an important Spanish club like Betis fills me with pride," he stated. "I am a professional and I am ready to leave in January if I have to. I want to take advantage of this opportunity."

Anderlecht are reportedly willing to cash in on their youth product - who is currently under contract until 2010 - but have slapped a price-tag of around €4 million (£2.5 million) on his head.

That is a figure Betis are unwilling to meet, although the player's agent is scheduled to meet Anderlecht officials this week to try and convince them to lower their demands.

However, the Spaniards are not the only side looking to broker a deal for the January transfer window, with one English side and one German team also having expressed an interest.

While there is no confirmation of their identity, sources in Belgium suggest Tottenham could well be the Premiership outfit in question.

I was told Spurs, Newcastle and 2 unnamed Spanish teams, no mention of a German team.  At £2.5m, would seem like a good buy for somebody.

Do people who want Anthony Vandenborre to come here have ever seen him actually play? The guy is so bad you can hardly believe it. He's even not good enough to play in our Belgian league. Yes, he has some talent, but his mentality is absolute shit (he doesn't listen to anyone and just does whatever he feels like) and the guy couldn't care less when on a football pitch, which of course makes him play horrible. He often plays right wing back but his defending is so bad that you can't play him in your defense. So they tried playing him in midfield but he doesn't perform there either. So the result is that he hasn't played one decent game this season and most of the games Anderlecht played he was by far the worst player on the pitch. For some reason both the Anderlecht manager and our national coach keep putting him on the pitch but really no one understands why. And I'm not alone with this opinion, no one in Belgium likes Anthony Vandenborre.

Do people who want Anthony Vandenborre to come here have ever seen him actually play? The guy is so bad you can hardly believe it. He's even not good enough to play in our Belgian league. Yes, he has some talent, but his mentality is absolute shit (he doesn't listen to anyone and just does whatever he feels like) and the guy couldn't care less when on a football pitch, which of course makes him play horrible. He often plays right wing back but his defending is so bad that you can't play him in your defense. So they tried playing him in midfield but he doesn't perform there either. So the result is that he hasn't played one decent game this season and most of the games Anderlecht played he was by far the worst player on the pitch. For some reason both the Anderlecht manager and our national coach keep putting him on the pitch but really no one understands why. And I'm not alone with this opinion, no one in Belgium likes Anthony Vandenborre.

Thanks for the info. :thup:

At first sight you would think that a 19 yr old getting 15 international caps reflects real ability, but if he is as bad as you say, he wouldn't be the first to be hugely overrated  and I daresay he won't be the last either.  From the Spurs perspective, I trust Comolli's judgement and I know he isn't the only option in what will be a quiet transfer window for Spurs.

In addition to AVB for a back up CB role, Spurs are looking at Sylvain Distin, Mehdi Benatia and Curtis Davies if either Calum Davenport or Anthony Gardner make the move in the opposite direction.  The board aren't looking to pay more than £4/5m for what effectively is a back up player.  Adel Taarabt has been signed subject to a medical (being done on 19th Dec) and possibly a cheap striker to cover for injuries, Levan Melkadze is a name that's cropped up but not very good by all accounts.  A couple of young kids from Scandanavia, Sammy Aziz is one, and that's about all the incoming activity at WHL from what I can gather.

Outgoings could include Davenport (Coventry or Wigan?) or Gardner (Wigan or Citeh?), Murphy (Wigan), and that would be Spurs' quietest window since Arnesen first arrived.

I am really interested to see which club would secure Curtis' signature once West Brom decide to sell.

Mind you I thought his partner in defense. Paul McShane, is prospect who would cost a lot less.

Definitely would not mind both ending up in Newcastle, perhaps wor own Nigel Pearson could work some magic here.