Chelsea 1 - 0 Newcastle - Post match thread

Dave

Guest BillyRay Valentine

very well considering. didn't duck out of any challenges, tracked back, lots of very neat touches and created a half chance out of nothing that went just wide

Guest TampaToon

best away performance vs a top 4 team we've had under roeder by far, including the arsenal match at the emirates.  especially when you consider that we were forced to put rossi on the wing, huntington out there for 90 minutes and pattison out there for 50 against the reigning champs...

fair amount possession in the opposing end, and some decent buildup - not the boot it, then sit back and defend we've seen lately...we looked worth a point today, and the team should feel good, to be a lucky bounce away from a draw at the bridge with several players (zog, hunty, rossi, briefly milner & pattison) playing out of position, 2 youth players and 2 guys who'll be gone in january forced into the side.

Guest TampaToon

guys how did rossi play? fair opinions please.

rossi actually looked ok, but you could tell he wanted to be front & center...ran well with the ball, battled & stuck a few tackles, was physical with the opposition, but tried to create his own chances more than set others up....still he really surprised me with his display as a wide man, clear why he was selected over luque to start the game, all out effort IMO

Babararo started very poorly but certainly improved  significantly

Butt was always there

Sibierksi and Martins did all you could ask for - often on their own

Taylor looked very solid

considering that most Chelski fans around me had forgotten that  SWP was on the pitch ......................

Huntington's nerves and inexperience stood out like a pink elephant for the first ten minutes... after that he blended in really nicely. Whereas our other fullback accumulated the major fuckups all game.

Guest MalcolmSm1th

guys how did rossi play? fair opinions please.

Impressively.    I can't really expand on this as I am puzzled by the enigma that is Rossi.

But last night he was simply excellent; he fitted in well, ran everywhere and got stuck in.  Apart from not scoring a hat-trick in the first thirty-five seconds of the match I couldn't ask for more.

Guest MalcolmSm1th

Huntington's nerves and inexperience stood out like a pink elephant for the first ten minutes... after that he blended in really nicely. Whereas our other fullback accumulated the major fuckups all game.

For these first few minutes I thought to myself "Oh, hell" but when he settled down he and Taylor became very solid together and I wouldn't mind him starting there again for as many times as he can.