Second-half diagnosis?

Full-time diagnosis?

Star man for United?

Worst United player?

Opposition comment?

Toon-pros?

Toon-cons?

Post-match feelings?

Decent performance, now we can chance a youngster in Huntington instead of being scared to and playing players way out of position.

If Shevchenko wasn't shit, the scuff wouldn't of occurred...

Saturday Win Must

Man Utd 44

Chelsea 39

Arsenal 29

Portsmouth 28

Liverpool 28

Bolton 27

Reading 26

Aston Villa 25

Tottenham 25

Everton 24

Wigan 22

Man City 20

Fulham 20

Newcastle 19

Middlesbrough 17

Sheff Utd 17

Blackburn 16

West Ham 14

Charlton 12

Watford 11

I didn't see it, but from the radio we were stubborn and difficult to break down. Possibly worth a point, and i'm fucking proud of the patched up side. Make Chelsea and their money work for the points.

I didn't expect anything but a hammering from this game, and so losing doesn't feel bad. I just hope we take some confidence from this, as we should do.

no complains really

told the bonk to save his pray for this game..

good peformence from Butt,Given,Taylor,Rossi,Sib

Bad peformence from pattison,zoggy (b4 he got injured)

overall,its good to see our team causing troubles for chelsea at home..

just hope we keep up the good form..

Guest TheOrder

Saturday Win Must

Man Utd 44

Chelsea 39

Arsenal 29

Portsmouth 28

Liverpool 28

Bolton 27

Reading 26

Aston Villa 25

Tottenham 25

Everton 24

Wigan 22

Man City 20

Fulham 20

Newcastle 19

Middlesbrough 17

Sheff Utd 17

Blackburn 16

West Ham 14

Charlton 12

Watford 11

Christ, as if you were honestly expecting a victory tonight.

Every home game is a must win, in my opinion.

Guest thompers

Nice piece of play from Luque at the end there, taking 3 Chelsea players out of the game with an immense display of skill. Almost makes you wonder why fucking Matty P came on ahead of him.

Aside from that, gutsy performance, probably deserved to get a result.

Injuries beat us tonight, everyone played their part and I hope we can take this good performance into the Watford match and hammer 'em. I'm glad Huntington had a good debut and our defence remained solid all night, their goal was shit and lucky so no need to feel down at all about the game.

Unlucky tonight, well played.

In honesty I thought the only truly anonymous players were Butt and Pattison. Shame about Matty but he doesn't look like he can cut it, if Zog's injury is that bad though he might get a chance at least.

Butt was overrun by Ballack and Lampard, so, can't really complain that he wasn't that fantastic.

Babayaro doing his ridiculous diving tackles again was homosexual.

Turned a corner most definitely. I would go as far as saying that if we had Nobby, Emre and Dyer - we'd have beaten them. The encouraging thing is - they all should be back in 7 days time. I'm confident we'll get a result over them, and if that means losing 1-0 tonight with a battling performance, i'll be well pleased. Would love to spank them at St James' - they deserve it.

Excellent performance considering the circumstances. another mammoth performance from Steven Taylor, that's what it sounded like on the radio. And another encouraging performance from Martins - this time he wasn't totally anonymous against one of the top teams.

I knew it'd never be a walkover. I knew that fighitng spirit would get us through the match. So unfortuante to have conceded that goal.

Well done lads - we're on the up.

HAVE to beat Watford, though.

Unfortunate that Sibbers headed onto the bar and Zoggy carted off injured.  Hopefully both

will be back for the weekend.  Can't be disapointed in the lads with an effort like that.  Hard

work goes a long way in the Prem and we proved that tonight. 

Take the confidence into the Watford game this weekend and we should come away with a

win, granted we have enough players.

Howay The Lads.

Really proud of the lads today. A good, battling performance from a team which is down to its bare bones. We could easily have got a point today. Thought Rossi did very well, put himself about along with Milner and Butt. Sibs looked a star (a low star, like) when he was on the pitch and Martins could've easily profited from some of his touches if he'd been a bit luckier and was on the same wavelength.

Pattison dwelt on the ball too much, for my liking but against an athletic team like Chelsea I'd definitely pick him over Luque.

Overall: Forza Newcastle!

Sadly, more injuries. Sibs didn't look too bad, but Zoggy looks crocked.

First-half diagnosis?

Chelsea were toothless more than we were good, bad formation from Mourinho, although their crossing was shite all game.

Second-half diagnosis?

Battling display, showed a lot of spirit

Full-time diagnosis?

Terrible to lose it the way we did

Star man for United?

Taylor.  He looked really great back there.  Fought in the air, strong in the tackle, covered for both fullbacks, cut out through balls, and seemed to be keeping the defense organized.  Martins, Butt, Given, and Sibierski were also good.

Worst United player?

Pattison- he was terrible, couldn't pass, couldn't run past anyone, basically dead weight.

Opposition comment?

Chelsea should have had a better tactical plan for such an important game.  Mourinho is lucky because they'd really have been under the cosh after a draw.

Toon-pros?

Played well as a team

Toon-cons?

Still a lack of good fullback play, although Babayaro was better than last time.

Post-match feelings?

Sucks to lose this way.

Guest thompers

Injuries beat us tonight, everyone played their part and I hope we can take this good performance into the Watford match and hammer 'em

Unlucky tonight, well played.

What take a "playing for a draw" performance into a game with Watford? Not wise, imo!

Apart from the Sibbers header, I can't think of a time we posed a threat.

Martins needs to stop playing with his back to goal and get on his bike now and again!

Guest Gemmill

I'm more arsed about N'Zogbia's knee than the scoreline.  It's only when it gets to 75 minutes and it's 0-0 that you start to think silly thoughts about holding out for a result - as if Newcastle are gonna pull that one off.  A defeat was what I expected and it's what we got.  N'Zogbia's injury is a fucking pisser though.