Miguel Almirón

Deuce

25 minutes ago, ponsaelius said:

We don't need to make big money. Anything we get is profit at this point because he's been here so long. We have to stop letting players run down their value to nothing. Take the fee and buy a long overdue replacement.

This is what I was trying to explain last night. Yeah we'd like a little more for him but he's very much surplus to requirements and we need to shift him before he's worth nothing. That may mean we have to accept less than we think he's worth but that's just life. We might need to ay a bit more than we think Guehi is worth to get him, it works both ways

'worth' is a very subjective word to use I know

3 minutes ago, midds said:

This is what I was trying to explain last night. Yeah we'd like a little more for him but he's very much surplus to requirements and we need to shift him before he's worth nothing. That may mean we have to accept less than we think he's worth but that's just life. We might need to ay a bit more than we think Guehi is worth to get him, it works both ways

'worth' is a very subjective word to use I know

But he isn’t “surplus to requirements”. Not in Howe’s view. We’re not talking about Jamal Lewis here. If shifting Almiron doesn’t make any meaningful difference to the replacement budget, it might be better to just hold on to him. Obviously that changes if a new RW comes in.

Edited by Crimson Cardigan
Clarification

3 minutes ago, Crimson Cardigan said:

But he isn’t “surplus to requirements”. Not in Howe’s view. We’re not talking about Jamal Lewis here. If shifting Almiron doesn’t make any meaningful difference to the replacement budget, it might be better to just hold on to him. Obviously that changes if a new RW comes in.

Fair enough, I should have added an 'imo' into that sentence :thup:

The budget is there to replace him, we're just not doing it because we can't shift him and we can't carry three right wingers. 

Any fee we get would effectively allow us to sign a younger replacement.

If we don't sell him now he's another 30 year old we will allow to leave for nowt (along with Wilson and Trippier probably). We just can't keep doing this, we have to renew the squad.

177 games in the PL for us.

23 goals. 6 (!) assists.

Take away that purple patch...

He's a great athlete and a shite footballer. 

And you wonder why no decent club will touch him?

16 minutes ago, OCK said:

Our fanbase always needs a player to vent frustrations at, it's odd. 

Warren Barton

Scott Parker

Dyer

Perez

Miggy

Dyer wasn’t that much of a mystery mind - wasted talent on the pitch, absolute wanker off it

4 minutes ago, The Butcher said:

23 goals. 6 (!) assists.

6 assists is kinda shocking. 

5 minutes ago, The Butcher said:

23 goals. 6 (!) assists.

He shouldn't be hounded out if he does go, but the numbers don't lie.

And let's not forget it took him 26 games to get his first goal.

If we turned down 8.5 million for Almiron then I dont want Eales or Howe to mention PSR affecting us ever again..We had a chance to move on players (Trippier in Jan) and now Almiron and refused both..Cant have it both ways

Just now, johnny36 said:

If we turned down 8.5 million for Almiron then I dont want Eales or Howe to mention PSR affecting us ever again..We had a chance to move on players (Trippier in Jan) and now Almiron and refused both..Cant have it both ways

We can definitely get more than 8.5m for Almiron.

Just now, johnny36 said:

Hmm, yes and no. We can't just sell Miggy without confidence we are getting a RW in. 

1 minute ago, johnny36 said:

If we sold Almiron and the fee was confirmed as £8.5m, you're saying you'd be happy with that? Give over. It's a position of the pitch we need to improve, of course, but selling at that price would be incredibly short-sighted.

I would do the deal to be honest. It’s fucking low but that’s the only offer we got, which shows how “attractive” Almiron is to other clubs

in other words, we should prepare to have Almiron at our club till his contract expires

Edited by Zero

I think our lack of selling is a bit overblown. We had so many people to improve on or shift out, most of which aren't very saleable. Then we also had people like Wilson who entered the form of his career just as he might've been replaced. 

Personally I don't think we've mismanaged much and our transfer dealings have been excellent.

In the specific case of Miggy, he works incredibly hard and he also had an unbelievable period of form. And there are only so many transfer windows per season and so many players you can turn over. 

Fair enough to argue that we should sell players like Miggy, Wilson and Murphy at the peak of their form... but that would probably cause as many objections as agreements. 

Edited by AyeDubbleYoo

6 minutes ago, ads said:

If we sold Almiron and the fee was confirmed as £8.5m, you're saying you'd be happy with that? Give over. It's a position of the pitch we need to improve, of course, but selling at that price would be incredibly short-sighted.

Yes, I would be happy with 8.5 for Almiron..He wont move to Saudi for 20-25  million..I dont see anybody else after him..Its the same with Wilson..We might value them at 20 million but we havent been offered it