Chelsea 2 - 1 Newcastle United - 12/01/19- post-match reaction from page 17

BlueStar

Haven’t seen any of the game back other than being there, but Longstaff was fantastic. By far the best midfielder on the pitch IMO.

We were unlucky today. Just so frustrating when we take short corners despite being so shit in general especially 94th minute - Just get the bloody ball in the box man! Also, Rondon and Manquillo walking straight down the tunnel..thanks for the support n all that  :hmm:

That last corner was a fucking disgrace.

I thought based on the side we put out it would be a ridiculous scoreline. Fair play, Longstaff looked great but we always get over excited about prospects but he is the best I have seen for a long time especially when you consider his position and the opposition. I would like to see Ki and Longstaff together at some point to see how it works out.

Back to that Jorginho Kante debate, 1997 passes made this season and not one of them is an assist. And his one goal was a penalty. And Kante actually sets up four to five scorable chances per game.

Well if Kante’s setting up 4 or 5 chances a game its working, no?

He was setting chances up last couple seasons too. He's very underrated as an offensive player. Always thinking forward. He almost always passes to Hazard or Willian when he gets the ball. What's Jorginho's appeal? Play balls over the top? He doesn't even do that right.

Back to that Jorginho Kante debate, 1997 passes made this season and not one of them is an assist. And his one goal was a penalty. And Kante actually sets up four to five scorable chances per game.

Don't get the Jorginho hype at all, for what his game is his passing needs to be incredible, but it's just just good, once he needs to make a longish pass he is hit and miss.

Don't get the Jorginho hype at all, for what his game is his passing needs to be incredible, but it's just just good, once he needs to make a longish pass he is hit and miss.

He's quite slow aswell. You're not going to get the type of time that you get in Italy in the Prem. He tried to dribble a bit in the midfield and was easily dispossessed.

Haven't watched Chelsea play at all this season but all I know is that Jorginho was phenomenal in that Napoli team, then again he had Insigne, Callejon and Merten's movement ahead of him. Far better footballing side than this current Chelsea team.

He was setting chances up last couple seasons too. He's very underrated as an offensive player. Always thinking forward. He almost always passes to Hazard or Willian when he gets the ball. What's Jorginho's appeal? Play balls over the top? He doesn't even do that right.

I thought he was quite poor today and I don’t watch enough of Chelsea in general really but if they want to be a possession side you need a deep midfielder who is always looking for the ball and will keep it the majority of the time.

Think people judge managers and players too quickly and harshly when they are clearly trying to build something which is more important than just the result in the next game. See Guardiola’s first season at City for example

Time will tell but for now, he's been a waste. 2000 passes but not even registered an assist. What is he? The pass before the pass? Kante can do that and better.

And he's keeping Barkley out the team. A player who can score and assist. Feel like it's a stubborn move by Sarri to try to impose his system.

Time will tell but for now, he's been a waste. 2000 passes but not even registered an assist. What is he? The pass before the pass? Kante can do that and better.

And he's keeping Barkley out the team. A player who can score and assist. Feel like it's a stubborn move by Sarri to try to impose his system.

He’s there to always be an option and to keep the ball when he has it. Sarri’s system is about keeping possession and controlling the game and he does it. Not everything in football is just about putting players in the team who can score or assist, there’s more to it than that. Busquets is a better player than Jorginho obviously but its basically like saying all Busquets does is pass it, he doesn’t score or assist, why is he playing?

Just like keeping Claudio Bravo in goal was a stubborn move by Pep in his first season. Managers with a clear vision of what they want need to be stubborn

He's quite slow aswell. You're not going to get the type of time that you get in Italy in the Prem. He tried to dribble a bit in the midfield and was easily dispossessed.

Yea, i've heard people say Pirlo would have struggled in the prem but i disagree, obviously his passing was far better than Jorginho, but he also had a kind of side step dribble technique that gave him more time on the ball, not to mention his long shots and set pieces that Jorginho doesn't have.

Don't really know why i am comparing the two, both Italian i guess :lol: (Jorginho born in Brazil i think)

Pirlo was a world class great player.

Not that I'm comparing him to Iniesta or Xavi, but numbers aren't everything. As triggs said, Sarri is trying to put his imprint on this Chelsea team, and it starts with Jorginho.

Watch him in that Napoli team. He's like a different player.

Yea well, he ain't playing for Napoli anymore.

Aye, he’s the focal point of a Chelsea team that’s doing pretty well

Miles off the pace in the PL is doing pretty well?

Their points total is pretty good and they have a decent gap between them and Arsenal now. Would you have sacked Guardiola after his first season?

Their points total is pretty good and they have a decent gap between them and Arsenal now. Would you have sacked Guardiola after his first season?

Nah, but for where Chelsea want to be (challenging) he isn't doing well.

Winning one of the cups will somewhat make up for it.

It shouldn’t matter whether he wins one of the cups. When you appoint a manager like Sarri you give him time and let him set up the team the way he wants or there was no point in hiring him in the first place

It shouldn’t matter whether he wins one of the cups. When you appoint a manager like Sarri you give him time and let him set up the team the way he wants or there was no point in hiring him in the first place

Time under Abramovich? :lol:

Don't think so, trophies straight away or bye bye.

Why he appointed a trophyless manager i don't know.