Chelsea 2 - 1 Newcastle United - 12/01/19- post-match reaction from page 17

BlueStar

Longstaff has been really decent. Showing up Hayden.

Think both of them have done alright tbh

Hayden has been quite careless I feel, despite the odd good play.

Just been a lot more impressed by Longstaff's composure, which I love to see from a midfielder.

you know I'd never heard of this Hudson-Odoi fella until bayern were buying him

Aye :lol: Never heard of him, then all of a sudden Bayern want him and he's appearing in the Chelsea first team and lauded as the next big thing.  It's all a bit weird tbh

Nah, he's a legit prospect.  Just typical Chelsea letting their youth waste away.

Aye :lol: Never heard of him, then all of a sudden Bayern want him and he's appearing in the Chelsea first team and lauded as the next big thing.  It's all a bit weird tbh

and even Bayern wanting him is apparently because Dortmund were looking at him so he must be good.

and even Bayern wanting him is apparently because Dortmund were looking at him so he must be good.

They want their own Sancho

They want their own Sancho

German's are so weird.

Longstaff is smooth man. I like this kid.

Is he a natural defensive CM?

His career thus far suggests he's more attack-minded, but that's at a low level and therefore means little imo. You often find talented players look really offensive in their youth development, but once they break through to senior football, they're much less productive in attack.

He looks like a fairly well-balanced CM to me. Confident & composed too which I like.