2 Juve youth players drown in lake

Dokko

Link

Roccardo Meli and Alessio Ferramosca

uventus' Serie B clash with Cesena on Friday night has been postponed after a serious accident in which two young Juve players died.

The two 17-year-old players, Riccardo Meli and Alessio Ferramosca, drowned as they attempted to retrieve some footballs from a small pond near the club's sports centre in Turin.

The game was cancelled immediately as a Juventus spokesperson broke the tragic news.

"Tonight's game will not be contested, and the public is invited to hold on to their tickets," he said.

"A serious incident has hit our club. The sporting director, Alessio Secco, the management and the players all decided not to play the game, which will now be rescheduled for 2007."

---------------------------

That's bad shit.

Awful news. RIP.

Whomever allowed them to jump in the lake should be ashamed.

Them jumping in was stupid aswell.

They are 17, teens do daft things without thinking, footballers especially.

Coaching staff should of never allowed them to jump in, but saying that, are we sure it was during a training session, most likely is but...

Guest Deep456

Awful news. RIP.

Coaching staff should of never allowed them to jump in, but saying that, are we sure it was during a training session, most likely is but...

Mate I am 13. So technically I count as a teen but I think the term teen demines ur capabilities and make you sound like an idiotic child who's becoming an adult.

Awful news. RIP.

Mate I am 13. So technically I count as a teen but I think the term teen demines ur capabilities and make you sound like an idiotic child who's becoming an adult.

But that's what you are at that age, a child becoming an adult.

Tbh, at 13 you haven't got a clue, at 21 you still haven't got a clue, (Really, they would of thought its ok to do this as adults arn't stopping them) you will change and learn so much in between those years.

I still have mates at 25 doing daft shit endangering their lives on a constant basis.

Its the kind of daft thing they'd do, only they'd be drunk while doing it and probably naked. At 17 its that age where you are learning responsibility for your own actions, but yet want to impress, want to have a laugh, and probably when your most vulnerable. At 13 your probably less likely to do stuff like this tbh.

Awful news. RIP.

Well, that's kind of what a teen is :p

I was one till just a couple years back, so no offense, but a few years down the road you'll probably realize that those years of your life were a very "interesting" time to say the least.

I'll probably think the same thing about myself now 5~10 years later as well.

Not being funny but how the hell did they drown in a small pond trying to find some footballs?

I actually laughed when i read that (yes im a cruel bastard)

RIP.

Trying to get the gist of it from gazzetta.it , but it seems that they had gone off to fetch the balls, while the others went back for another session out of sight. When they hadn't returned for some time the alarm was raised. They'd gone out in a small boat but it looks like one fell in after losing balance as he reached for a ball. The other then attempted to save him but failed.

Turin can get extremely cold at this time of year and if the water was freezing then there is every choice they could have both suffered cardiac problems, especially if they were hot from training. Just as that lad from North Shields who died in Cambridge who fell in the Cam.