* 05 Emre                    6

* 16 Milner                  6

* 20 Sibierski              6

* 09 Martins                8

Substitutes

* 24 Srnicek,

* 11 Duff,                    1

* 15 Rossi,

* 17 Parker,                5 (Not really on long enough)

* 35 Pattison

Guest makemeacupoftea

Well how can we complain when Arsenal nearly got beat off Portsmouth?

Must mean AW is a shit manager

I have faith in Roeder and it's starting to pay off

Roeder, the great tactician, does it again. Duff with an assist. Or an assist of an assist. Result? Three points!

OBA IS DA MAN!

disagree with everything u said besides "OBA IS DA MAN"

roeder is an idiot,we shouldve won this one easily but thank god they had hendrson on their side..

Duff did well just for that goal,he won't get the assist because he wasnt even aiming at martins

OBA IS DA MAN!!

Guest makemeacupoftea

What the F*** was that diamond formation all about? :roll:  :roll:

Typical Roeder - changing a winning formula.

Maybe a change was needed, it worked didn't it?

What the F*** was that diamond formation all about? :roll: :roll:

:?

Difficult to say. Fortunately, we were playing one of the worst teams in Premiership history.

Guest sittingontheball

soccer_master

Look up sarcasm in the dictionary son.

Freddie

Too bad about your ankle mate. At least you know a foul when you see one.

Uninspiring victory, but that's probaly the best we're going to consistently achieve under Roeder.

Woeful disjointed performance, there seems little idea of where each other is meant to be. I think you have to play Dyer in the middle. Butt has a lot more awareness and composure than Parker and I never thought I'd say that.

On the plus side Oba knows where the goal is and for all his other failings, this is his main job and as long as he keeps scoring the rest doesn't really matter. Taylor awesome again.

Mom for me Taylor

Our worst player Baba only just from Sibi who for all his effort had a very average game.

I would have preferred starting with Dyer just behind Oba and instead of Sibi.

With Dyer and Emre rotating.

Too many big kicks down the middle from Chez where 70% of the time it means immediate lost posession.

Nice 3 points. :thup:

Uninspiring victory, but that's probaly the best we're going to consistently achieve under Roeder.

Woeful disjointed performance, there seems little idea of where each other is meant to be.

Not surprised - fucking shit formation, with players in different, alien positions. What was he playing at?

Pretty pissed off with their man obstructing the keeper for every corner like, cheating bastards.

Yeah, me too, fucking ref should have done something about it and when it was obvious that he wasn't going to, we should have forced him to by "jostling" the Watford player so much that he had to step in, he'd never have had the balls to give a pen against us. That's what certain other teams with a bit of nouse about them do, it's what we should do too.

What the F*** was that diamond formation all about? :roll: :roll:

:?

Difficult to say. Fortunately, we were playing one of the worst teams in Premiership history.

It didn't work, we played really well against Chelsea, but rubbish today, part of that was down to the system.

lots of the good times with bobby were filled with games like this, we've not had the individuals to win this kind of game since robert and shearer left in particular, but hopefully oba can fill that void. atm we need wins of any kind to get the confidence back and completely blow away any relegation fears. then we can hopefully start to perform better.

For me, as much as I love Sibi for what he's done since coming here, playing him today played into Watford's hands.

Shittu beasted him in the air time and time again. Martins and Dyer up front would have meant we played it on the deck (in theory) and we would have had loads more chance of beating their defence with pace instead of flick ons, especially when Martins can't read flick ons at all.

Still, shouldn't really complain at Roeder playing all 3, but surely 4-4-2 from the start would have been better, Milner on the left Dyer on the right and then if we needed to change it then we could have, instead we got that clusterfuck of a performance. Fuck knows what we'll put out against Chelsea...can't see Dyer playing 2 games in a week and I want him to play Spurs next Saturday but I also really want to go far in the Carling Cup. So who knows what we'll play, and for that matter who knows what Chelsea will play.

Given - 7 - assaulted by Boazza for their goal. made some terrific reaction saves, though they probably looked better than they were cos he was a bit hesitant.

Huntington - 6 - got beaten too easily in the first half, didnt offer much going forward.

Babayaro - 7 - got beaten too easily in the second half, made some vital blocks, attacked as well as he ever has in the first half

Taylor - 8 oustanding on occasion, though again the pace and agility of the watford attackers caused him some problems.

Ramage - 7 sound

Milner - 6.5 superb cross for martins, but otherwise he was hit and miss

Dyer - 6 never got into it and couldve done a little better in good positions

Emre - 8 excellent dribbling pushed the whole team upfield, maybe a bit too selfish, midfield was a mess for 10-15 mins after he left the pitch

Butt - 8.5 possibly his best game for us, quick accurate passes, bringing wide players into the game, steady and assured

Martins 9 - match winner!

Sibierski - 6 poor by his recent standards

For me, as much as I love Sibi for what he's done since coming here, playing him today played into Watford's hands.

Shittu beasted him in the air time and time again. Martins and Dyer up front would have meant we played it on the deck (in theory) and we would have had loads more chance of beating their defence with pace instead of flick ons, especially when Martins can't read flick ons at all.

Still, shouldn't really complain at Roeder playing all 3, but surely 4-4-2 from the start would have been better, Milner on the left Dyer on the right and then if we needed to change it then we could have, instead we got that clusterfuck of a performance. Fuck knows what we'll put out against Chelsea...can't see Dyer playing 2 games in a week and I want him to play Spurs next Saturday but I also really want to go far in the Carling Cup. So who knows what we'll play, and for that matter who knows what Chelsea will play.

im pretty sure dyer will play on wed, his fitness is not a problem so i cant see any reason why he shouldnt play

Watford knew it would be difficult to beat an "in form" Newcastle on our own patch. They chose the phsical path and to be fair it nearly worked for them.

We added to our own woes by a change in formation to accomodate players just coming back from injuries. This is the area that Roeder needs to get a pair of balls for. Have the strength to  leave players on the bench so we can continue to play a successful 4-4-2.