Roeder has 10 Million in Jan

SUPERTOON

We need to get a centre back and a left back in, good ones that will last for seasons to come.  Spend the money on them (all 10 million if we need to).  With the striker I'd go for the cheep stop gap option, as I feel we'll be forced into paying over the odds for an average player and that would be more money wasted, which we do far too often.  A right back can wait to the summer as most our defenders are right footed and can fill in at right back far more competantly than they can at left back.

Looking at players like Toni and Ballack they took a while to get going. Johan Elmander is like 25 now and really starting to come good in my eyes.

Would rather see us going for Källström if we're going for a Swede. Mind, I hate both of them (not as much as zlatan though)

Looking at players like Toni and Ballack they took a while to get going. Johan Elmander is like 25 now and really starting to come good in my eyes.

I think Elmander would be excellent for us. He is a smart player and he has great fighting spirit. Runs all over the pitch for 90 mins every game and he has really developed his skills the past 3 years. 

elmander is a decent footballer - no more than that. he is a very big waster of opportunities - much too often goes for another dribble, lingers on the ball too long. i dont think he'll be a success in the epl.

and he wont come cheap either - so no thanks!

a left back must be our top priority!

Here's another couple of possible candidates:

Joseph Yobo (powerful bloke)

Frank Queudrue (was good at borough)

Sun Jihai (good last year)

Be a bit better than what we already have... taylor excluded (age )

Here's another couple of possible candidates:

Joseph Yobo (powerful bloke)

Frank Queudrue (was good at borough)

Sun Jihai (good last year)

Be a bit better than what we already have... taylor excluded (age )

Dont think Everton would sell Yobo and Quedrue moved because he wanted to be in London as it was easier to travel home.

The Ajax left back, Urby Emanuelson looks a really good young player, but I remember reading somewhere that Roeder had been to watch him play, and didn't think he was any better than our current players! Also at Ajax, John Heitinga would be a good signing, can play centre back/right back and even in midfield.

How about taking a gamble on Freddy Eastwood as a squad player, wouldn't cost too much £1-2m.

I'd spend 8-9 million on 2 defenders, dont know of any decent RB's available at the moment but maybe the scouts are working hard scouring the world for one. Left back, that young guy at Ajax with the dreadlocks looks like at a good player. Baines maybe or Bale, only thing with Bale is he's very young, doubtfull if he could do a job right now. Distin should be a priority, he would be a quality leader, if not maybe Woodgate if hes gonna be cheap at the end of the season. 2 million max on a forward imo, should just be temporary signing, maybe even a loan deal would be good.

The Ajax left back, Urby Emanuelson looks a really good young player, but I remember reading somewhere that Roeder had been to watch him play, and didn't think he was any better than our current players! Also at Ajax, John Heitinga would be a good signing, can play centre back/right back and even in midfield.

How about taking a gamble on Freddy Eastwood as a squad player, wouldn't cost too much £1-2m.

I'd spend 8-9 million on 2 defenders, dont know of any decent RB's available at the moment but maybe the scouts are working hard scouring the world for one. Left back, that young guy at Ajax with the dreadlocks looks like at a good player. Baines maybe or Bale, only thing with Bale is he's very young, doubtfull if he could do a job right now. Distin should be a priority, he would be a quality leader, if not maybe Woodgate if hes gonna be cheap at the end of the season. 2 million max on a forward imo, should just be temporary signing, maybe even a loan deal would be good.

They want £5m for Eastwood.

Used to like Heitinga but havent seen him for a while, isnt he a little injury prone?

I think Eastwood could be worth a gamble but he'd cost £4m plus. My argument all along has been for someone to find me a better value buy than James Beattie, IF, we could get hold of him for about £4m.

- Hungry

- English

- Good injury record

- Proven to handle this league

- Point to prove

- Would love to be at "Shearers Club" etc etc

EVEN if he flopped we could sell him to a Championship side for a couple of million meaning we would only be taking a low risk on him as an investment.

i dont think emmanuelson (spelling) is good enough defensively - the robbens and ronaldos will tear him apart.

as for beattie - very interesting option imo - at a price around 3-4 m we'd still have 6 for new defenders - beattie and baines/bridge - not a bad january!